Picola & District Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s an assumption Trent that isn’t fact . I can assure you there has been no communication between the two , aside from one attempting to contact the other to discuss any issues .
If there is a wish for personal retribution, it’s one sided.
What a load of BS. Everyone knows it's personal between you and Toc, Just like it's personal between you and the AFL. You are a Cancer and YOU will be the END if the picola league unless you are cut out.

What a load of BS. Everyone knows it's personal between you and Toc, Just like it's personal between you and the AFL. You are a Cancer and YOU will be the END if the picola league unless you are cut out.
You have no idea what has transpired regarding Tocumwal and are vindictive .

It’s not uncommon for people to be unhappy with governing bodies/ people and to lay blame when they think have been singled out .

IMO this is in part due to not being aware of other similar prior procedures / processes taken place in the past due to incidents being treated confidentially to protect those involved .

You can call it BS all you like , but most hierarchy at PDFNL clubs understand this is how the PDFNL operates and respects it .

Could the league have made all matters with Tocumwal common knowledge , possibly but for what gain, so the general public can scrutinise all facets and/or any individuals that may be involved ?

Being blamed / defamed / accused / threatened / subject to death wishes/ likened to deadly diseases , it’s water off a ducks back .

Something for you to ponder , mixed emotions recent post says
There are many clubs that will be happy to see Toc move on have been causing instability for a long time’
‘ and have been a poor club to deal with’

I enjoyed a terrific relationship with the AFL prior to Jamie Macri ( ex RGM ) and Trevor Mellington ( ex FDM ) leaving , which I am very confident both will a-test .

Incidentally , they are the two I have had most to do with within the AFL , who I continue to come across on a regular enough basis .

If you knew what transpired and support that type of behaviour ( which I hope no one has to endure ) as well as what led to a breakdown in communication path , you’re a lesser person than I thought .

Being seen as the 👿 by those who aren’t informed , I truly 🤷‍♂️ .

Last edited:
There are many issues with divisional football netball which simply don’t allow it to be beneficial yet is often overlooked .
  • There is more than one team within clubs and most clubs ability across the varied grades of football netball vary considerably.
  • Being deemed 2nd or 3rd division comes with a significant stigma . Much the same as ‘ premier ‘ and ‘ community ‘ . Something MFL clubs and MFL itself rolls out regularly as a means of promotion This stigma affects all grades and particularly juniors and generally results in the decimation of those in the lower tier . Refer Outer East Div 3
  • Relegation / demotion increases player movement within the clubs who are relegated / demoted much to do with the point ⬆️ regarding stigma associated with playing within a lower ranked competition .
  • Reg / Demotion also removes traditional rivalries .
  • The #1 comp naturally gets the most attention and is the pinnacle of the set-up . Including umpiring .the rest gets what’s left .
Regarding the PDFNL or PDFNL clubs splitting or being involved with regulation / demotion system.
With the recent re-introduction of Tungamah and Katandra there was potential to split the competition and IIRC only one club supported that . The reasons for that were multiple . Splitting reduced travel which is great in some aspect but it also would mean clubs near major populations become more attractive compared to other comps which meant the variation between clubs ability to recruit increased .
Clubs wanted to continue playing clubs they have traditionally played . If Toc are to leave they would be the club with the least tradition/ history with the PDFNL.
Clubs felt , although of differing types , the clubs already within the comp were strongly farming based and with the exception of Deni Rovers all from one club towns with the clubs most likely to join not necessarily being of the same .

What's tocs long term plan by going back to the Murray league, surely AFL Vic and the Murray league should ask the club for a 5 year plan on why this is best for the club and how it's going to work? If they only see this as a 12 month plan, it should be knocked on the head, as it's too disruptive for 2 leagues.

I don't understand if there's such a problem with the current league op manager why the league hasn't restructured him out of the role? Where's the .education attempted by AFL Vic between the 2 so it didn't get to this

What's tocs long term plan by going back to the Murray league, surely AFL Vic and the Murray league should ask the club for a 5 year plan on why this is best for the club and how it's going to work? If they only see this as a 12 month plan, it should be knocked on the head, as it's too disruptive for 2 leagues.

I don't understand if there's such a problem with the current league op manager why the league hasn't restructured him out of the role? Where's the .education attempted by AFL Vic between the 2 so it didn't get to this
Murray League don’t want PDFNL existence affecting them .
They met with afl vic a few weeks ago , post release of PDFNL player points system where they aren’t recognised as a premier league .
MFL are trying to poach PDFNL clubs on the premise of forming two comps and giving it a greater chance of maintaining a premier competition and reducing the amount of competition in recruiting for those in the premier competition .
It’s been a vision of the MFL for at least 10 years .
AFL seemingly support this as their priority is ‘ premier’ competitions .

Murray League don’t want PDFNL existence affecting them .
They met with afl vic a few weeks ago , post release of PDFNL player points system where they aren’t recognised as a premier league .
MFL are trying to poach PDFNL clubs on the premise of forming two comps and giving it a greater chance of maintaining a premier competition and reducing the amount of competition in recruiting for those in the premier competition .
It’s been a vision of the MFL for at least 10 years .
AFL seemingly support this as their priority is ‘ premier’ competitions .
Division footy doesn't work in country footy, the only comp it could is around Geelong.

The gap is too big between a Moama town size and a picola club.

What was the Murray league ranked about 14-20 in Vic country?

Division footy doesn't work in country footy, the only comp it could is around Geelong.

The gap is too big between a Moama town size and a picola club.

What was the Murray league ranked about 14-20 in Vic country?
Think they were ranked 16th when they played IL at Rumba .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there no clearances being put in lately or doesn’t the game day page get updated? Is there another way to view clearances?

Anyone else hear talk of the remaining five AFLV regional commissions being closed down some time around mid-to-late 2023?

Given the fact that there are one-year agreements between the AFL and the leagues, if I put two and two together could we be seeing a change to the way that country football is administered, or overseen, 12 months from now?

Anyone else hear talk of the remaining five AFLV regional commissions being closed down some time around mid-to-late 2023?

Given the fact that there are one-year agreements between the AFL and the leagues, if I put two and two together could we be seeing a change to the way that country football is administered, or overseen, 12 months from now?
It has been suspected to have been in the pipeline for 4-5 years .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back