Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wouldIlietoyou

All Australian
Dec 1, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I think every club getting a crack at the Grand Final is very fair and a great boost for clubs like Mathaz and Yarra. With the advance notice hopefully they could work on those areas a bit beforehand and use funds generated from that and other finals they host for further improvement to facilities. At least the incentive is there now.

I think every club getting a crack at the Grand Final is very fair and a great boost for clubs like Mathaz and Yarra. With the advance notice hopefully they could work on those areas a bit beforehand and use funds generated from that and other finals they host for further improvement to facilities. At least the incentive is there now.
Just for discussion, which club has the best facilities.... Berrigan must be right up there,,, having good change rooms(recently renovated),great social clubroom facility, good weather shelter construction catering for the wet days, plenty of parking area and a big oval that has a great playing surface that has good drainage ,,( has to be a lot of rain to make this surface a mud heap.)

Just for discussion, which club has the best facilities.... Berrigan must be right up there,,, having good change rooms(recently renovated),great social clubroom facility, good weather shelter construction catering for the wet days, plenty of parking area and a big oval that has a great playing surface that has good drainage ,,( has to be a lot of rain to make this surface a mud heap.)
yeah they have good facilities but the ground is pretty ordinary

Spot on about Berrigan stuyd1:thumbsu:. Blighty and Jerilderie would have to be up there with most boxes ticked, though Jerilderies ground is smaller than the other two. But it would have to be the best surface and it has the abilty to handle large amounts of rain (2010GF). Strathys ground was picture perfect on grand final day last year from my viewing spot as well.:cool:

Spot on about Berrigan stuyd1:thumbsu:. Blighty and Jerilderie would have to be up there with most boxes ticked, though Jerilderies ground is smaller than the other two. But it would have to be the best surface and it has the abilty to handle large amounts of rain (2010GF). Strathys ground was picture perfect on grand final day last year from my viewing spot as well.:cool:
Blightys ground isn't good. Rough always dry and the sand pit in the middle is shocking . Berrigan ticks most boxes. Deni would fit the most people in and would also get the biggest crowd as the finals gates in the past have shown. With 1U gone and picolas ground upgraded we are pretty lucky as a league to have so many good grounds to play on.

Blightys ground isn't good. Rough always dry and the sand pit in the middle is shocking . Berrigan ticks most boxes. Deni would fit the most people in and would also get the biggest crowd as the finals gates in the past have shown. With 1U gone and picolas ground upgraded we are pretty lucky as a league to have so many good grounds to play on.
Deni is by far the largest and fits the most people in. hows the grass growing on it Mac ? i suppose you dont run to many laps around it now.:D you be able to run an extra lap at your new home ground to make up for it ;) .

Th
Deni is by far the largest and fits the most people in. hows the grass growing on it Mac ? i suppose you dont run to many laps around it now.:D you be able to run an extra lap at your new home ground to make up for it ;) .
The grass is looking good. It will be spot on this year I would imagine. It's been 2 years now since the last upgrade so it should be good. It is a good surface and I like not having the cricket pitch in the centre square. But yes the laps at jerildere are a bit easier these days .

Th
The grass is looking good. It will be spot on this year I would imagine. It's been 2 years now since the last upgrade so it should be good. It is a good surface and I like not having the cricket pitch in the centre square. But yes the laps at jerildere are a bit easier these days .
Well I hope your better at maths then Dogs cause instead of doing 1 lap at Deni for your 3k time trial you'll prob have to do 6 at Jerilderie.... Can you count that high for a big man?? :p:D

Easy to count when you are standing in the middle watching other blokes do it.:D
This is Mac we're talking about. He'll be running.... He wouldn't miss the chance to tell us he has halved his lap times, doubled the number of laps he can run..... :D

Mairjimmy321, when u say Deni is the largest ground, are u referring to the Rams home ground or the Rovers home ground.( sorry but ive been away from the area for over 20 years , thus know nothing about the Rovers set up) Also, Dogs 1703 commented that the Berrigan ground is ordinary.Its a large ground in playing area and since I was a young boy growing up in Berrigan, i remember the grass surface being thick and lush and it would have to rain 2 or 3 inches to make it a heavy track....( and that amount of rain didnt occur very often) I remember in the 1970s, my father and Arnold Dickens (both farmers) use to devote many hours of their time tending to the surface of the oval and had it in prestige condition.. with the only better surface in the comp being the Tocumwal ground where all finals use to be played. (Murray league days ). Thus, I ask, is the playing surface of the Berrigan ground now ordinary.

Mairjimmy321, when u say Deni is the largest ground, are u referring to the Rams home ground or the Rovers home ground.( sorry but ive been away from the area for over 20 years , thus know nothing about the Rovers set up) Also, Dogs 1703 commented that the Berrigan ground is ordinary.Its a large ground in playing area and since I was a young boy growing up in Berrigan, i remember the grass surface being thick and lush and it would have to rain 2 or 3 inches to make it a heavy track....( and that amount of rain didnt occur very often) I remember in the 1970s, my father and Arnold Dickens (both farmers) use to devote many hours of their time tending to the surface of the oval and had it in prestige condition.. with the only better surface in the comp being the Tocumwal ground where all finals use to be played. (Murray league days ). Thus, I ask, is the playing surface of the Berrigan ground now ordinary.
Sorry stuyd1 , was refering to Deni Rovers home ground which is located at Memorial Park, down near the showgrounds and golf club. You could park the Queen Mary 2 on it.:) .

Easy to count when you are standing in the middle watching other blokes do it.:D
I thought you knew Charles Mac's identity Never to old. You might have me confused with someone else. And WILTY its been a long time since i knocked any time off my laps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you knew Charles Mac's identity Never to old. You might have me confused with someone else. And WILTY its been a long time since i knocked any time off my laps.
Yeah I know Mac but that was on the rovers lap. Have you timed yourself for a Jerilderie lap yet? The maths would indicate you should be quicker but I haven't taken age variance into account... :D

Not much news on Strathy, Yarroweyah or Picola. Anyone know if either team has picked up a few or lost many? Is Saunders definitely playing for the Hoppers? Josh Evans is the only pick up I know of at Strathy, he can certainly play but are they keeping most of their list? Vallender is a big pick up for Picola but will need more than him & Daniels to push top 5 – surely a few more will follow.
Was told Mathoura have enough committed to field at least one side which I guess is a good sign (glass half full not half empty), hopefully a few more get committed as we get closer to the start of the season.

Yeah I reakon I have the right bloke, Stu told me. Know you well enough to know that you would bite.:D

Not much news on Strathy, Yarroweyah or Picola. Anyone know if either team has picked up a few or lost many? Is Saunders definitely playing for the Hoppers? Josh Evans is the only pick up I know of at Strathy, he can certainly play but are they keeping most of their list? Vallender is a big pick up for Picola but will need more than him & Daniels to push top 5 – surely a few more will follow.
Was told Mathoura have enough committed to field at least one side which I guess is a good sign (glass half full not half empty), hopefully a few more get committed as we get closer to the start of the season.

Sounds like they have a few new sponsors and have got a few new faces from Echuca / Moama as well as a few past players returing. No names mentioned in PT however.

Sounds like they have a few new sponsors and have got a few new faces from Echuca / Moama as well as a few past players returing. No names mentioned in PT however.
I don't think Vallender will play at this stage. Rumor around is that he has re injured the knee he had recoed last year.

Hoppers picked up a few,, But lost k .Oliver, D. Fitspatrick, T. vandermere and more. Have heard strathy have picked up five or six and not many leaving. Should have a strong side from all reports . Not sure on any names. How have other sides recruited.

Hoppers picked up a few,, But lost k .Oliver, D. Fitspatrick, T. vandermere and more. Have heard strathy have picked up five or six and not many leaving. Should have a strong side from all reports . Not sure on any names. How have other sides recruited.

Massive losses, massive. Keegan and Dan amount the best in the league. Will be hard to replace. Strathy's ability or strength of their senior side wont be a problem. The problem will be how good their depth is and whether they can keep Luke Carter on the park.

Yeah I know Mac but that was on the rovers lap. Have you timed yourself for a Jerilderie lap yet? The maths would indicate you should be quicker but I haven't taken age variance into account... :D
No time trials yet WILTY, just ball work and other fitness stuff. I will say thah the ground is an absolute pleasure to train on. It was like a golf green last night. Makes for a good change to the last 2 preseasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back