Picola & District FL SE 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again your not taking any responsibilty. The sniping was going both ways and the umpires adjudicated the game as they seen it. I'm not talking about the players I'm talking about spectators going on the ground!

U beauty watching the video of satdys game and caught the frappel king hit that broke johnos cheek bone.

U beauty watching the video of satdys game and caught the frappel king hit that broke johnos cheek bone.

That Frapple isn't still trying to throw he's wait around is he? You should ask him when it come to the crunch in last years grand final and had to put he's head over the footy, the poor bloke left a couple of nuggets in he's shorts. get him one on one he will run the other way.

Was that after he ran 15m to drive an elbow into the back of Frappells head 50m off the ball. I think you might find that the reason for the retaliation. Anyway I'll break it down like this:

As a spectator (no official capacity) I saw on Sat that plenty of players forgot to put their brain back in after the week off for the interleague. The game was shaping to be a real good contest and I weas impressed with both sides movement of the footy in the first qtr. I thought Brown was exceptional in the middle (he did miss a few targets throughout the game but overall had plenty of it) and though Kelly was dangerous up forward with multiple shots at goal early on. J. Palmy & Rachele were busy getting on the end of some rolls royce delivery courtesy of the eagles midfield. H.Best was racking them up and there was some hard running both ways by both sides. I though J.Wright also showed that he has matured by laying some good hard fair bumps and I thought I was in for a good day at the footy. Unfortunately, thats where the spectacle stopped.
As soon as the scuffle unfolded on the wing in front of the benches, things got out of hand. I must say I was disappointed in both sides and as usual, if your not on the ground in amongst it, you can never determine the extend of who 'started it', but in the end, the constant tussle between who was going to 'finish it' really soured what was going to be a pretty skillful game of footy. I am all for 'flying the flag' but good sides know the limit, plenty of lines were crossed on Sat. I saw efforts on both sides that left me shaking my head. I'm really disappointed for both clubs as I know for a fact there a good people at both, but unfotunately when things heat up there are some (spectators included) that cannot control their emotions. I have been involved in years past of similar games and I'm not sure of the answer to prevent this type of action. I really thought (and I'm not wholly blaming them for the complete farce that ensured for the rest of the game) could've taken some more control and if that meant sending 5 or 6 off then so be it! The amount of off the ball sniping that went on astounded me - I don't care how good an umpire you are, you can't watch 40 blokes all of the time.
I left just prior to the end so can't comment on what happened there, but I may say that the amount of players that stayed for a froffie may have been light on due to the fact they ball was on so I'd dare say they took off fairly quickly. In defence in years gone past I have always stayed for a couple after the game and many times the Shepp East contingent was equal to if not was greater than the Katty representation. In saying that the tension on the ground was such that I'm not sure that too many would've been relaxed to be in each others company after the game. Which is the saddest thing of all! That side of footy seems to be lost on the younger generation. The level of hatred and abuse that transpires out on the ground these days cannot be left on the field as it did years ago and that disappoints me. We were always taught (at a junior level and as youngsters playing under senior guys) that play your hardest and bend the rules at times, but always be humble enough to get to know your opponents off the field after the game. I've made heaps of mates by this rule and really think that there are a couple out there that will never get the same out of footy b/c they can't leave things out on the ground. Mind you some of those things that happened leave a pretty ordinary taste. I'm not going to sit here and pot blokes from either side, but in reality anyone that thinks it tough to whack blokes on the ground, face to face, behind the ear or whatever will never be the guys that are wholly repected by their peers and opponents. That respect goes to guys who play hard and fair, put their body on the line when its needed, give themselves selflessly for the good of the team. They are the blokes I love watching, not the rubbish that happened for majority of a half at Katty on Sat. So in summary, footy was defininately not the winner on Sat.:thumbsdown:
Hopefully both clubs review, asses and devise how this rubbish not become the norm or even a part of the fabric of their club. There will always be "why he did this" and "why he did that" but frankly most are not interested in he said she said, so lets hope it gets dealt with in house at both places and both teams get back to focus on winning games not the fights!:(

Shepp east .... Good game between katty and the eagles today was wrecked by osbourne's extremely bad sportsmanship. (didnt play was rested) as he was a spectator he constantly yelled abuse at Ben Kelly then after the game made a vline for Kelly while shaking hands with other players and told him he was a joke and an embarrassment. If I was shepp east I would be extremely humiliated. I'm sure a investigation will be lodged as spectators are not allowed to do that. I suppose what more could u expect

might have to ask ben kelly why he punched a shepp east player while the ball was down the other end, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones....and thats a fact and thats why the umpire reported him and sent him off...waste of money ben kelly in my opinion anyway

might have to ask ben kelly why he punched a shepp east player while the ball was down the other end, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones....and thats a fact and thats why the umpire reported him and sent him off...waste of money ben kelly in my opinion anyway

Have to agree with ben kelly he is a bit of a spud! From the outside looking in it seems alot of clubs or people are probably a bit envious of shepp east and how they are always dominant and people logically like the underdog to get up but facts are facts they have been a great side for the past 4 or 5 years and credit to them i say.....

Big test in the game of the round this weekend with the Bombers v the Eagles. Eagles are a bit vulnarable down back atm and the bombers strength is there forward line power, so the eagles back six are gunna have their work cut out big time. Osbourne will surely return after a week off and other than that, I'm not sure how many more the eagles will regain. Waaia touched up Dooks after only playing a half supposedly, so it seems they are in good form. There are some awesome match ups here with both sides lists very talented : Meylands, Cowan, Scott, Baker, Collins and the like (they are missing squel walker tho!:D) and the Eagles with the Bests, Ozzie, Fraps , Mason and Palmy bagging a few, it should be good for a look. Hope the weather gods smile upon us and we see a good ol fashioned shootout.

from your experiences playing in both the KDFL AND PDFL leagues GrassKat, which is in your opinion the stronger leagues? it seems from an outsiders view that there isnt any 15-20 goal floggings in the south east compared to the kyabram league? more depth?

Obviously the PDFL South East is a very even and strong comp. The KDFL is a 13 team comp and at the moment the bottom two sides are really struggling, ala Wunghnu of years gone by. Other than that the others are very competitive with one another.
The KDFL has really lifted a cog in 2012 and I would suggest that top KDFL teams would go very well against top PDFL teams. This is a debate that will never have a definitive answer.
Guys that transfer between the leagues usually stay in the same grade (1sts or 2nds) if that is any indicator.
Some KDFL grounds are a little smaller than PDFL grounds so that could also be a factor.

Ripper week this week, Dookie V Katandra winner stays in the hunt drop this game and its season over in my eyes.

Shepp east V Rennie. massive game think east are the better side at full strength but will depend who is out.

Tungamah v Katunga tungamah will be very keen to win this 1 could put them well clear of the bottom pack a real 8 point game.

Waaia V Katty waaia to win easy.

Well done to the Eagles on rolling the bombers on Sat! Thought the very young and inexperienced crew down back did a steriling job on the bigger guns from Waaia. Spencer, Hanning, Robinson, Frost:p, never seemed to panick and taking out the Cowan v Freeman contest, the youngens looked to have the Meyland brothers & Sessions measure buttering up when the pill hit the ground. Admittedly Mark & Greg got a little bit of the footy, but Marks were predominately further up the ground - too far to hit the scoreboard anyway. So well done eagles. I thought Besty & Hogetts were best for the eagles with Ozzie and Spencer very serviceable. Thought No 5 and Waarsdorp were better players for the Bombers.
Did have a larf watching poor ol Lenny Hort huffing and puffing with Hammo umpiring!!! Apparently they were a bit short thanks to the long weekend. Well done ol fella and apparently told both teams that corridor football was a must coz there was no way he was gunna make it to within 50 feet of the boundary to throw it up!:D
Massive game up at Rennie this week. Hopefully both sides will be close to full strength. Should be a belta!!!!!

Well done to the Eagles on rolling the bombers on Sat! Thought the very young and inexperienced crew down back did a steriling job on the bigger guns from Waaia. Spencer, Hanning, Robinson, Frost:p, never seemed to panick and taking out the Cowan v Freeman contest, the youngens looked to have the Meyland brothers & Sessions measure buttering up when the pill hit the ground. Admittedly Mark & Greg got a little bit of the footy, but Marks were predominately further up the ground - too far to hit the scoreboard anyway. So well done eagles. I thought Besty & Hogetts were best for the eagles with Ozzie and Spencer very serviceable. Thought No 5 and Waarsdorp were better players for the Bombers.
Did have a larf watching poor ol Lenny Hort huffing and puffing with Hammo umpiring!!! Apparently they were a bit short thanks to the long weekend. Well done ol fella and apparently told both teams that corridor football was a must coz there was no way he was gunna make it to within 50 feet of the boundary to throw it up!:D
Massive game up at Rennie this week. Hopefully both sides will be close to full strength. Should be a belta!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shepp east V Rennie looks like a cracking game this w,end! Would the winner be fav for the flag or is it a matter of who has the healthy list at finals. Both have great front liners and depth of the side might be the key. :)

Peter Ralph to shepp east is huge spoke to a bloke today from his old club united they say he would be in a hand full of GV ones sides so very handy pick up, he can play key forward key back or ruck.
Massive credit has to go to shepp east recruiting at this time of the year is almost as important as at the start. Key injuries would free up the $$ so may as well spend it. Waaia Rennie will have to return serve and find a big name or 2 if they are any chance now.
Dookie Tunga Katndra Katunga Katty all still fighting for 4th and 5th spot should make the second half of the season a good 1.

Peter Ralph to shepp east is huge spoke to a bloke today from his old club united they say he would be in a hand full of GV ones sides so very handy pick up, he can play key forward key back or ruck.
Massive credit has to go to shepp east recruiting at this time of the year is almost as important as at the start. Key injuries would free up the $$ so may as well spend it. Waaia Rennie will have to return serve and find a big name or 2 if they are any chance now.
Dookie Tunga Katndra Katunga Katty all still fighting for 4th and 5th spot should make the second half of the season a good 1.
Have to agree Snake, into the Eagles line up this week are Hayden Best, Jarrod Best, David Gillespie, Peter Ralph, Tarone Palmer, Brett Foley, Jackson Milne, and the Eagles are confident in regaining two of there best in Luke Durling and Jake Ford later in the year, not sure what this says of Shepp East's last two wins against Rennie and Waiaa without the above mentioned players? other than having some good depth!!

Great win by dookie on the weekend and also by shepp east over there at rennie.....Very hard to beat now the eagles

Once again your not taking any responsibilty. The sniping was going both ways and the umpires adjudicated the game as they seen it. I'm not talking about the players I'm talking about spectators going on the ground!

Hey ktiger i hear a few of your boys up to there usual antics saturday? 2 reported and sent off and countless snipes at waaia players (Cowan). Was both sides again i take it??????

Hey ktiger i hear a few of your boys up to there usual antics saturday? 2 reported and sent off and countless snipes at waaia players (Cowan). Was both sides again i take it??????

Having been at the game i can say that the snipes at Cowen we no more then a short bloke trying to reach the footy in a contested marking situation. Its a massive task trying to spoil a bloke who is a foot and a half taller and had a huge reach with his long arms so I dont think there was much in it. I just think he might of had enough of it when he bit back. Nothing to much in it really Cal Aldridge was a bit stiff. As for the other report I have heard that it was for abusive language. Was a prob a fair call by the umpire and form all reports he will also be spending a few weeks on the side lines.

Was a hard game a Katty struggled to get near the ball and when they did turn overs killed them.

However Wash, I dont believe that anyone should be so quick to point the finger at people who "are up to there usual antics", as it happend the boys out at East are just as bad as the next. They cop a few and give a few back in return.

So lets just move on.

you blokes had a good win up at Rennie.

Yeah cal took a week not sure how nicol went with his abusive language charge. Was a disappointing game from katty we didn't even fire a shot. Massive game this week against a in form tunga team. For the sniping.... Didn't happen you obviously were not there. It's a battle out of the top three and others would all want to play finals to build for next year

Katunga would be pretty upset with there last 25minutes of footy Saturday they outplayed dookie all day but in my mind went negative had a 3 goal lead and put a extra in the back with 20minutes to play even when the game was level still had the extra defender. if they had of kept trying to score think they would of held on. This week dookie v Tungamah be a good game with the bottom 3 playing the top 3 could see the winner go 8 points clear of the bottom 3 in 4th. Any clubs got any last minute signings before the cut off???

Katunga would be pretty upset with there last 25minutes of footy Saturday they outplayed dookie all day but in my mind went negative had a 3 goal lead and put a extra in the back with 20minutes to play even when the game was level still had the extra defender. if they had of kept trying to score think they would of held on. This week dookie v Tungamah be a good game with the bottom 3 playing the top 3 could see the winner go 8 points clear of the bottom 3 in 4th. Any clubs got any last minute signings before the cut off???

Yes surprising result I thought

What happened to Tungamah, Katunga and Dookie on the weekend? Tunga had only kicked one point at quarter time, Katunga only kicked a goal in the first quarter and no goals after that, and Dookie only kicked 1.3 up until half time???? What went wrong????

Crap to hear the rumoured result of the hearing last night. Ricky out for 10 weeks and John G out for 6? Rumour has it he (John) is over the 16 week mark, so doesnt that make him deregistered? But the same thing happened to "Old Mate" when he was at Stanhope (sorry dont know his name) and he was able to continue to play??. Very disappointing for both lads. I am sure there would have been a lot of he did this he did that. Have to feel for the both of them. I am sorry to hear it. Hope Fraps doesnt think of giving the game away and bounces back next year to continue to dominate. He is a great player to watch when he is at his best. Bound to be some back lash next week when these two teams meet again. Just hope people realize that it wasnt up to the players to have it investergated. Oh well on another topic great to see the bottom 5 sides are nice and close. Any ideas who will take 4 and 5 spots on the ladder come finals??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back