Picola & District FL SE 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent acquisition of Tocumwal into the PDFL North West and the current situation over Benalla way. I believe it is time to move Waaia and Katunga into the NW to compete against their traditional rivals and attract Benalla All Blacks and the newly merged Benalla team in along with perhaps Tallygaroopna and Violet Town into the South East. Creating two leagues of 11 and 10 teams and helping reduce the large numbers in the KDFL and OKFL. It will go a part of the way of filling the geographical void left by the Tungamah and Benalla Leagues.

This is all good in theory but what you'll find is that as soon as Waaia & Katunga are moved into the NW division & constantly driving further north of their club every 2nd week they will struggle to find the recruits they get from around the Shepp area as those players will then just find more local teams that predominantly play local....

Thus why Waaia & Katunga have picked up big name recruits out of the Shepparton area over the last few years, as they know they mainly travel either to their home ground or the likes of Shepp East, Katandra, Dookie, Katty & Tunga! With the exception of Rennie these are all basically local teams....

This is all good in theory but what you'll find is that as soon as Waaia & Katunga are moved into the NW division & constantly driving further north of their club every 2nd week they will struggle to find the recruits they get from around the Shepp area as those players will then just find more local teams that predominantly play local....

Thus why Waaia & Katunga have picked up big name recruits out of the Shepparton area over the last few years, as they know they mainly travel either to their home ground or the likes of Shepp East, Katandra, Dookie, Katty & Tunga! With the exception of Rennie these are all basically local teams....
Talk about geographically wise,,, why is Rennie not in the North West division ???

Talk about geographically wise,,, why is Rennie not in the North West division ???

That's why I added that last line of "With the exception of Rennie these are all basically local teams...."

But they themselves benefit from recruiting from major towns such as Yarrawonga-Mulwala & Albury-Wadonga! So in a sense if Rennie recruit accordingly they have the potential to be as strong as the Shepparton area based teams?

So maybe the league thought Rennie could have an unfair advantage over the NW teams recruiting wise?? Other than that suggestion mate you'd have to ask the league for their reasons why Rennie is in the SE Division & not the NW Division as geographically I can see your point!! :thumbsu:

That's why I added that last line of "With the exception of Rennie these are all basically local teams...."

But they themselves benefit from recruiting from major towns such as Yarrawonga-Mulwala & Albury-Wadonga! So in a sense if Rennie recruit accordingly they have the potential to be as strong as the Shepparton area based teams?

So maybe the league thought Rennie could have an unfair advantage over the NW teams recruiting wise?? Other than that suggestion mate you'd have to ask the league for their reasons why Rennie is in the SE Division & not the NW Division as geographically I can see your point!! :thumbsu:

smooth mover,
hear what your saying in regards to Rennie, but haven't seen them recruit guns from the Albury or Yarrawonga areas..more likely from Corowa whom at best are fringe players in the o&m..would one think Rennie would of beaten Jerilderie, Strathy, Berrigan, or Deni Rovers in 2013...I doubt it. ....Just think it is stupid to have Rennie playing in the south comp .

smooth mover,
hear what your saying in regards to Rennie, but haven't seen them recruit guns from the Albury or Yarrawonga areas..more likely from Corowa whom at best are fringe players in the o&m..would one think Rennie would of beaten Jerilderie, Strathy, Berrigan, or Deni Rovers in 2013...I doubt it. ....Just think it is stupid to have Rennie playing in the south comp .

Yeah I understand your point Stuyd1, but unfortunately my knowledge of why the league decided Rennie belong in the SE league & not the NW league is a question for someone more involved?? "Roar is back" can you help out on this issue? Cheers

Yeah I understand your point Stuyd1, but unfortunately my knowledge of why the league decided Rennie belong in the SE league & not the NW league is a question for someone more involved?? "Roar is back" can you help out on this issue? Cheers
I can't really shed much light on this other than the travel Rennie in the NW would add to games Rennie v Mathoura and Picola especially with those clubs tending to have players who live in Echuca.
I believe Rennie are very happy in the South East and wouldn't be surprised if this time next year we are talking about the potential of 1-2 clubs joining SE clubs for the 2015 season .:eek:;)

I can't really shed much light on this other than the travel Rennie in the NW would add to games Rennie v Mathoura and Picola especially with those clubs tending to have players who live in Echuca.
I believe Rennie are very happy in the South East and wouldn't be surprised if this time next year we are talking about the potential of 1-2 clubs joining SE clubs for the 2015 season .:eek:;)

Are Barooga & Tallygaroopna any of those 2 clubs?? Maybe also a Violet Town??

Are Barooga & Tallygaroopna any of those 2 clubs?? Maybe also a Violet Town??
I believe there is a time frame where clubs and leagues can apply to discuss such things, which is not now .

stock-photo-close-up-of-man-s-mouth-with-bronze-or-gold-metal-zipper-closing-lips-shut-105467189.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Shepp united player out to Shepp east.. is there some sort of deal going on there :D great get if true

Well I think you may find that Shepparton East is a founding member of Shepparton United. IIRC City United was formed through a Shepparton East/SPC merger. Shepp East reformed as a stand alone a few years later. Players from United and East have been swapping forever.

this thread goes off!!!! have heard steven and Brendan scott to shepp east with vidler and Katunga have picked up a swans player but cant remember name.. Katunga spending up again,

Has anyone heard about Luke Cowan leaving Waaia and going to CDHBU if so hope his good with bongs.
It has taken me some time to decide whether to bite at this comment or not but I feel our club needs the right to reply.
I am heavily involved with CDHBU and have been through all the mergers our club has had to make so I am just a little passionate about what is said about our club and can be a little parochial at times. However, the inference that our club is "good with bongs" has me a little upset.
Our club has struggled for a long time since joining the Hume league and is now beginning to climb out of these struggles. We have done this by building a team with young local talent. We have also done this by accepting the level professionalism that is required to compete in the Hume League and aimed to reach that level. Our list would be one the youngest getting around. I doubt any of these young players would use illegal substances, indeed, I have never seen evidence of such use. Our older players such as Jarrod Hanrahan and Doug Lavis certainly would not and if they witnessed it, they would jump on it. We also have strong off field leadership that would condemn any use of illegal drugs by our players or supporters.
Our club is built around a strong rural community which is beginning to get behind us in a big way. We also pride ourselves on being a family club that provides a safe place for kids to spend the day. We have a strong social program that caters for families and footballers alike. Why would we jeopardise this with substance use?
Whilst not suggesting that there is no use of substances by players from our club, I believe that the prevalence of substance use by our players would be no more or less than that of any other club. I am certain the use substances at our club would be far lower than the that of the average use by the same age bracket of people who do not play an organised sport.
Clubs based in rural areas find themselves at a disadvantage to those based in town centres, they do not need negative, unfounded, anonymous internet comments by those not involved with them to make it more difficult.

We are certainly in the middle of silly season, with most clubs hoping to add to their respcetive lists for the 2014 season. Can anyone gives an update on any confirmed Ins and Outs of all clubs?

Waaia
Ins -
Outs -

Katandra
Ins -
Outs -

Katunga
Ins -
Outs -

Katamatite
Ins -
Outs -