Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club Review

Club - Strathmerton
Position in 2008 - 6th
Senior 2008 B & F winner - Taylor ?
Most important player/ person - Brunskill
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 -
What went wrong in 2008 - Injuries to Dickinson and Brunskill mid/ late season.
Coach for 2009 - Dickinson
Possible losses for 2009 - Retirements ??
Possible gains for 2009 -
Looking toward 2009 - Another side who would be eyeing off a flag with the splitting of the league, the need to find a key backman, to allow Brunskill to play a lesser rebounding role, if he is going around again, ala R.Wren this season, would be high on the list of wants as would another bigger bodied class on-baller to allow Dickinson to play a lesser role.
A set of new glasses for intimidator, which has both eyes lenses in it, might also be an advantage.:D:thumbsu:

Anyone else hear the rumour of Rob Wren leaving tungamah to play at Strathy ... as his wife used to play netball there???? hard to believe!

Anyone else hear the rumour of Rob Wren leaving tungamah to play at Strathy ... as his wife used to play netball there???? hard to believe!

i heard that they are havin the year off and they will be workin on the farm..his wife is takin a year off teachin and she wont be playin netball aparently

That was the romour going around before the start of last year but havent heard anything like that this year but I supose anything is possible.... Dont forget his wife Katie came from strathy originally!!!

Any news on which strathmerton boys are in talks with waaia at the moment??
Strathy had BBQ and beers last night with nearly all there in attendance despite the rain, can confirm no one is talking to Waaia, well not that the we know of anyway.

Strathy had BBQ and beers last night with nearly all there in attendance despite the rain, can confirm no one is talking to Waaia, well not that the we know of anyway.

What about Taylor. The rumor is he is moving interstate and wont play next year. If that is the case it will be a huge loss for you guys. He definately has a crack on the field.

Club Review

Club - Shepp East
Position in 2008 - 8th
Senior 2008 B & F winner - ??
Most important player/ person -
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 - Plenty of injuries to an aging list
What went wrong in 2008 - Appeared to stagnet.
Coach for 2009 - Best
Possible losses for 2009 -
Possible gains for 2009 - Mason, Osborne, Best, Molicak
Looking toward 2009 - The Eagles would look to regain some of there 2006 form and may need to picked up a few KPP to replace those aging in those positions. Appear to have recruited well through the midfield.

Ya can add some more names to the possible gains, Article in the shepp news today adds a couple more. Jarrod best and Carl Bruinier

I'm tipping that Shepp East will be the Dookie of 07,

Maybe take a few games to Gel with so many new recruits and the coach to get used to the new role but have got class recruits with good records (As in played VFL, KDFL premiership player/captain, KDFL Best & Fairest winner, KDFL Coach).
Will definately be up there come finals time no doubt about it. Good experience at the end of the year is what you need and these players may help the younger brigade of shepp east get through

What about Taylor. The rumor is he is moving interstate and wont play next year. If that is the case it will be a huge loss for you guys. He definately has a crack on the field.
Taylor heading to Perth but may be back (prob not) bit up in the air though yep big loss but hopefully we can pick up a couple that may replace him

Yeah taylor left 4 perth last week with his new parter & wont be back for atleast a few years unless something goes wrong over there! Hopefully not wish the bloke all the best, was a good personality on the field to play against!! Strathy will need a couple to replace him!! ha ha

Yeah taylor left 4 perth last week with his new parter & wont be back for atleast a few years unless something goes wrong over there! Hopefully not wish the bloke all the best, was a good personality on the field to play against!! Strathy will need a couple to replace him!! ha ha

Huge loss. I enjoyed playing against him last season, but i will enjoy it more not playing against him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and watched Shepp East train the other day, would have been lucky to have 10 on the track, surely the wheels havent fallen off already.

I rekon young hayden would be a little nervous about now.

Went and watched Shepp East train the other day, would have been lucky to have 10 on the track, surely the wheels havent fallen off already.

I rekon young hayden would be a little nervous about now.

Nah bud i dont think he'd have much to worry bout, remembering it is before chrissy! For the few years that i was there we always only had bout 10 or so there for training before chrissy as it was optional! Go back late jan early feb & you'll be seeing mids 30's atleast! :thumbsu:

Nah bud i dont think he'd have much to worry bout, remembering it is before chrissy! For the few years that i was there we always only had bout 10 or so there for training before chrissy as it was optional! Go back late jan early feb & you'll be seeing mids 30's atleast! :thumbsu:

Has the palmie boys rocked up to training yet??

Has the palmie boys rocked up to training yet??
Not sure there big wheel as I dont play there anymore, but tyrone lives over the road from me & I have seen him & besty in car together in training gear heading out towards sheep east as we only live 2 mins away from the ground also! So good chance atleast 1 of them may have started abit of training!!! :thumbsu:

I wouldnt say besty would have much to worry about at shep east at all as there was 30 there the week before and after speaking to him i think he realise,s that there should only be one training session before xmas!! 2 training sessions and a comment that the wheels have falling off already?? your kidding me rite? i,d say they are in for a very good year in 2009!!

I wouldnt say besty would have much to worry about at shep east at all as there was 30 there the week before and after speaking to him i think he realise,s that there should only be one training session before xmas!! 2 training sessions and a comment that the wheels have falling off already?? your kidding me rite? i,d say they are in for a very good year in 2009!!
I also think they may go alright in 09... just hope the little fella Best can keep coming up with new and interesting Training drills in order to keep the boys keen and out of the Overlander.

Some Info on Berrigan

Saint Robinson

By Amy Nevins

December 17 2008
Southern Riverina News

BERRIGAN Football Club has appointed Jamie `Robbo' Robinson as its new 2009 senior coach.
Robinson is originally from Barooga and joins the Saints with a wealth of coaching knowledge and experience.

The 48 year-old will be a non-playing coach.

"I love coaching and I'm grateful for the opportunity to coach the Berrigan Saints," he said.

Robinson has been coaching for the past 10 years at PSSA Riverina and State level. He is a qualified Level 2 Australian Football coach.

"I have heard great things about the Berrigan Football Club and I'm looking forward to the Saints being competitive in the new (Picola) league.

"We've attracted some quality players and there's more in the pipeline. With a good pre-season, getting the numbers up and with lots of enthusiasm, Berrigan can go forward quickly.

"There's work to put in, but I believe the club is ready to develop and look to the future," Robinson said.

During his on-field career Robinson played interleague on four occasions, claimed three runner-up best and fairests and was leading goalkicker on several occasions.

His first year as a playing coach resulted in a premiership.

Robinson said he has a deep passion for the game and a thirst for further involvement and knowledge.

He said he has developed a wide range of modern training methods and techniques.

"All indicators point to the Saints being big improvers in 2009," Robinson added.

A training session for all Berrigan senior and reserve players will be held this Friday.

Training will be followed by a Christmas party and a `meet and greet' with the new coach at the Berrigan Pool.

Families, netballers and supporters are encouraged to attend.

A barbecue tea will be available. BYO drinks, no glass.

Pre-season training will officially start on Monday January 19 at the Berrigan Recreation Reserve from 6pm.

Reserves coach for 2009 is Lincoln Humphries, thirds coach is Chris Cameron assisted by Howard Yelland, and Kevin McQualter will continue as fourths coach.

Berrigan will contest the North West division of the new-look Picola League in 2009.

Other local teams in the split competition include Deni Rovers, Blighty, Mathoura, Jerilderie.

i agree with you scuba, although yes lawless is a good player when they are playing the weaker sides. he gives as much as he gets! true that he is also the biggest mouth in district too..... but then when you go out he licks everyones arse. i can see why kats09 sticks up for him, but wait til you play against him, you will wanna smash him like herbie obviously did but didnt?:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

has anyone seen Greg "Herbie" Meyland lately he hasnt been training and is 20kgs over weight think he might struggle with fitness in 09

has anyone seen Greg "Herbie" Meyland lately he hasnt been training and is 20kgs over weight think he might struggle with fitness in 09

He was that much over weight at the start of last season and look how good that went for him. Might be one of his rituals for the pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back