Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone seen Greg "Herbie" Meyland lately he hasnt been training and is 20kgs over weight think he might struggle with fitness in 09

hey scuba, i was out in cobram on saturday night. happened to see you standing next to herb.... noticed he is a foot taller than you, fairly built............ and still not as heavy as you mate:):):)

word a round is picola have thrown the big bucks at half nathalias seconds side. and got signatures. does anyone know the names of any of thest players?

So far from what i understand is they have 2 players signed and are still talking to a couple, Ian Fulton (05 premiership player) and Zac Cornell are the 2 to sign, both over 6' and can play both are looking forward to the new challenge out there.

Club Review

Club - Katunga
Position in 2008 - 5th
Senior 2008 B & F winner - ??
Most important player/ person - N.Howden
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 -
What went wrong in 2008 - Injuries to Nico Howden , early season and also pre finals
Coach for 2009 - Few
Possible losses for 2009 - Retirements ??
Possible gains for 2009 -
Looking toward 2009 - Upon reflection you relise how good their season was, 2 players, although maybe suprisingly, in the top 4 of the league medal, and making and winning finals with no notable recruits and spent most of the season and all finals campaign without their class player. The loss of the coach which brought the side together may hinder the clubs progress somewhat in 2009, but possibly the fairytale story of season 2008.

Club Review

Club - Katanda
Position in 2008 - 4th
Most important player/ person - Hall
Up and coming star - Plenty but will go with Bartlett
What went right in 2008 - The developement of younger players
What went wrong in 2008 - the pre-season loss of stars, Lambourne, Thompson, Cordy and White and the on-going injuries to Dudgeon, W.Tegue and Hall
Coach for 2009 - Hall
Possible losses for 2009 - Retirements ??
Possible gains for 2009 - Cordy, Thompson
Looking toward 2009 - Super effort to again play off in the granny, don't beleive anyone would have thought that could occur with minimal inpact from 2007 stars Dudgeon and Teague especially after the off-season loss of players. Bartlett is freak material and has been for some time, but other sports appear to take preference and thankfully for the rest of the league. Being critical the Kats tend to play a chip and run , outward game rather than a direct brand of footy which certainly suits them but isn't generally conducive to premierships ?
The amount of youth is exciting and the possible added experience through the possible return of Cordy and Thompson and the improvement of injury runs from Wes Teague, who appeared well below fully fit, key Forward Dugeon and coach Hall and the cats should be able to make a slight change to their game plan which would unable them to collect the prize. Plant needs help in the hard ball gets and think the Cats would be quite happy if a bigger bodied type, mid-fielder walked through the gate.

Club Review

Club - Waaia
Position in 2008 - 3rd
Most important player/ person -
Up and coming star -
What went right in 2008 - Herbie got 100
What went wrong in 2008 - Dissapointing final campaign again
Coach for 2009 - Varcoe
Possible losses for 2009 - A.Waarsdorp ( tally), Meylands(numurkah)
Looking toward 2009 - Not unlike Katandra they rely heavily on the chip and run game and although they had a forward who kicked 100, who in my opinion plays more like a flanker, didn't really have big key position players. Thought they would have been disspointed in their finals campaign which again was dissapointing.
Will be interesting to see how the club goes in the next few years, with quite a few hints that the core group which has brought a fair bit of succes may not be their in the next few years,whetehr through trying their luck elsewhere or getting closer to the end !
KPP would be on the shopping list !

Club Review

Club - Dookie
Position in 2008 - 2nd
Most important player/ person - Osborne / Ludeman / Payne-Crossen
Up and coming star -
What went right in 2008 -
What went wrong in 2008 - Rigorous 2007 appearred to effect the main players in 2008.
Coach for 2009 - Osborne ( non playing )
Possible losses for 2009 - Osborne ( on field ), Payne-Crossen(retirement ) , Kendall ( retirement ), Lebroq ( injury , retirment ) ???
Looking toward 2009 - At the commencement of the season with the addition of midfielder Briggs and ruckman Ross , Dookie appeared clear favourites, however ongoing injuries to better players Coach Osborne and lesser seasons from Ludeman, Payne-Crossen and Luke Lebroq the Dooks never really seem to get cracking, as 2009 another who would be pretty keen to bolster their KPP and hard ball get stocks.

Club Review

Club - Tungamah
Position in 2008 - 1st
Most important player/ person - R.Wren
Up and coming star - D.Haebich
What went right in 2008 - Premiership
What went wrong in 2008 - Streakers and blues within the crowd took some attention off their grand final victory.
Coach for 2009 - Dodd
Possible losses for 2009 - R.Wren
Looking toward 2009 - The appointment of Robbie Wren for 2008 was a master stroke, and yes some may say they spent ex amount of $$, but plenty of clubs spend up big and have no success, takes some experience and ability to be able to select the right recruits and to be able to bring those players into the side without losing the respect of the players already at the club.
2009 will see that job handed over to new coach Dodd and will be made more difficult if he is without the Bears key play maker from down back in R.Wren. Will also be interesting to see whether forward Macheda goes around again ??

I think the standard of the picola league has dropped of a lot in the last ten years ben holland will really give it a boost although not the best afl footballer will certainly be good in pfl. Also anyone heard the rumor that deni has signed nick davis.

So could this be what P2F was talking about??? If true (which i would be insainly surprised if it was, but stranger things have happened) Deni would line him up at full back wouldn't they so everytime the opposition kick a point he could have a shot on goal from the kick out??? That'd be just a casual torpy for him!!

So who's started training already & how's everyones numbers looking? Hopefully all clubs have a few new faces floating around??

[/b]

So could this be what P2F was talking about??? If true (which i would be insainly surprised if it was, but stranger things have happened) Deni would line him up at full back wouldn't they so everytime the opposition kick a point he could have a shot on goal from the kick out??? That'd be just a casual torpy for him!!

So who's started training already & how's everyones numbers looking? Hopefully all clubs have a few new faces floating around??

Can tell you for a fact that Deni arnt talking to Nick Davis or any other ex AFL player.

I heard a rrumour that there was only 6 at Shepp East training on wednesday night. 4 thirds kids and 2 senior players. Besty might be in for a tougher time then first predicted...

Lack of numbers at training at the moment probably isn't that big an issue. Some clubs have not resumed or started yet. Shepp East will go alright this season.

From the sounds of it their recruits are already over the line in terms of being signed and sealed.

Lack of numbers at training at the moment probably isn't that big an issue. Some clubs have not resumed or started yet. Shepp East will go alright this season.

From the sounds of it their recruits are already over the line in terms of being signed and sealed.

I guess the only thing they have to do now is DELIVER???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the only thing they have to do now is DELIVER???

Yeah deliver the pizza's.:D:D
Nah as Iwantanotherflag said it's still early. They will be right.

Is everyone waiting for 1-2-09 to come around, I'm just hanging out to see the clearence's. I'm tipping there will be at least 40 players come and go from shepp east. Like every year, they tend to lose a few junior players to the GVFL and school comps.

Iwantanotherflag, I love your photo. Do they sell those lamps at fantastic furniture?:D

Hey toquick why isn't Lee coaching Toc this year?

I heard a rrumour that there was only 6 at Shepp East training on wednesday night. 4 thirds kids and 2 senior players. Besty might be in for a tougher time then first predicted...

besty will go alright as long as he gets the new boys on the track all the time , got some good quality players going out there with him , hopefully they can all get going a bit better than they did at tally

I think you will find that shepp east dont start training until the 20th of jan toquick!! The 3rds are training out there at the moment so i,d say there was only 6 or 7 out there for there training?? I think besty wont be stressing to much about how many there is at 3rds training at the moment and everyone has got to remember it is only january the 16th still!!:thumbsu:

Toquick... Wednesday was a scorcher!!!! Was it a pool session???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back