GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
Wunghnu is a big topic in the news at the moment and has generated much discussion in the papers and on BigFooty. I think we all deep down would love to see Wunghnu rise up and win some games of footy. It will be a sad day if they do in fact fold, but they have not yet and while they keep putting a team on the park they have a chance of improving.

Too many towns have lost their clubs over the years... Invergordon, Wilby, Yalca, Wyuna, Kotupna, Coreen & District clubs... the list goes on. Sadly for our game new teams are not being added (Strathfieldsaye & Rumbalara being two of the only few football clubs formed in the last 30 odd years), therefore collectively our game has a cancer.... in the form of our clubd slowing dying and no new ones springing up in suburbia.

This is not a case of everyone moving into bigger towns, if it were you would have seen clubs like Kialla, Toolamba, Grahamvale, Orrvale, Karramomus, Mooroopna Rovers springing up. But we have not.

My apologies for running off on a tangent.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Wunghnu is a big topic in the news at the moment and has generated much discussion in the papers and on BigFooty. I think we all deep down would love to see Wunghnu rise up and win some games of footy. It will be a sad day if they do in fact fold, but they have not yet and while they keep putting a team on the park they have a chance of improving.

Too many towns have lost their clubs over the years... Invergordon, Wilby, Yalca, Wyuna, Kotupna, Coreen & District clubs... the list goes on. Sadly for our game new teams are not being added (Strathfieldsaye & Rumbalara being two of the only few football clubs formed in the last 30 odd years), therefore collectively our game has a cancer.... in the form of our clubd slowing dying and no new ones springing up in suburbia.

This is not a case of everyone moving into bigger towns, if it were you would have seen clubs like Kialla, Toolamba, Grahamvale, Orrvale, Karramomus, Mooroopna Rovers springing up. But we have not.

My apologies for running off on a tangent.

Interestingly IWAF , the VCFL is regularly seeing growth ??
The one area which has grown is school junior football , which in my opinion is extremely detrimental to country clubs , but try telling a school teacher that ! :) :)

phantom man

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2010
mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
things a bit quiet on this thread any rumours on wunghu do they have a coach yet has any one heard anything on whats happening there:cool:

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
things a bit quiet on this thread any rumours on wunghu do they have a coach yet has any one heard anything on whats happening there:cool:

Well thort u may have been able 2 answer this 1 as u stated ur good mates with Freddy but by the sounds of ur comment Old mate must'n be takin the job?? Can u enlighten us on his intentions?? Cheers

phantom man

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2010
mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
well yes he has gone cold on the position not happy how it was all handled by the president but led to be believe that wungnu making
a last ditch effort to convince him to reconsider his decision:(

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
well yes he has gone cold on the position not happy how it was all handled by the president but led to be believe that wungnu making
a last ditch effort to convince him to reconsider his decision:(

Hopefully they do sort it out as this would be the last thing 1U need & Freddy would be good for the club & would bring in some good footy sense there also! Hopefully they sort it out soon :thumbsu:

TTTT

Debutant
Nov 30, 2006
victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
fred is being chased by 2 other clubs one in the kdfl and the other in this league. as time goes by i highly doubt now that fred will coach wunghnu but who knowns

TTTT

Debutant
Nov 30, 2006
victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey TTT , not heard of Fred and obviously his potential given the apparent broad interest, where's he been recently, where's he played , coached etc ?

het pace , has recently coach mooroopna u16s in sdjfc, has coached senior footy at merrigum and murchison and done a few 2s jobs aswell as juniors, was chairman of selectors or a/c at ardmona when they won the gf couple years ago.

playing wise, not 100% but i think ardmona, katandra and tallygaroopna

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
rumour is that president steve neff will take on the job of coaching wungnu seniors:eek:

So i'm guessin by that ur saying old mate has definately pulled the pin on the coaching job? So is Freddy taking up 1 of these other positions or time off?

Ps do u know who the other clubs chasing him are?? Apparently 1 was from the Picola NW div??

phantom man

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2010
mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
yes i can confirm strathmerton have been chasing him and ardmona have
offered him a coaching role there and he will make a choice shortly
shame about wungnu position because he felt he had a lot to offer the
club :rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
So i'm guessin by that ur saying old mate has definately pulled the pin on the coaching job? So is Freddy taking up 1 of these other positions or time off?

Ps do u know who the other clubs chasing him are?? Apparently 1 was from the Picola NW div??

Interesting given :
Berrigan : Jamie Robinson
Blighty : Stewart Craig
Deniliquin : Josh Bode
Jerilderie : Jason Sanderson
Mathoura : Chris Mitsch
Picola : Dean Holoman
Strathmerton : Tim Bramich / Alan Richardson
Yarroweyah : Ross Andrews

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting given :
Berrigan : Jamie Robinson
Blighty : Stewart Craig
Deniliquin : Josh Bode
Jerilderie : Jason Sanderson
Mathoura : Chris Mitsch
Picola : Dean Holoman
Strathmerton : Tim Bramich / Alan Richardson
Yarroweyah : Ross Andrews

Hey pace, sorry i should've explained myself abit more, apparently a few weeks ago when not all positions had been filled 1 other club besides 1U apparently approached him 2 coach? But obviously those positions have been filled!

Just on that tho is Yarroweyah's Ross Andrews definately coaching again as i know of 2 people that Yarroweyah had approached 2 coach them next year??

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey pace, sorry i should've explained myself abit more, apparently a few weeks ago when not all positions had been filled 1 other club besides 1U apparently approached him 2 coach? But obviously those positions have been filled!

Just on that tho is Yarroweyah's Ross Andrews definately coaching again as i know of 2 people that Yarroweyah had approached 2 coach them next year??

To the best of my knowledge all of the positions mentioned have been filled for the best part of a month , as in regards to the Yarroweyah job , I did hear 3rd hand Ross may have been transferred in his work , however that was previous to him apparently being re-appointed !!
Upon the rumour train is the rumour of an ex non PDFL premiership captain joining a PDFL NW club for 2011 , after being approached by more than 1 club ?

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
To the best of my knowledge all of the positions mentioned have been filled for the best part of a month , as in regards to the Yarroweyah job , I did hear 3rd hand Ross may have been transferred in his work , however that was previous to him apparently being re-appointed !!
Upon the rumour train is the rumour of an ex non PDFL premiership captain joining a PDFL NW club for 2011 , after being approached by more than 1 club ?

Sorry when i said a few weeks i meant bout 6! Doestn't really matter now anyway i guess we know his intentions!!

& come on pace if its a rumour u can give us more than that?? Who? What league/club did he come from? :thumbsu:

Charles Mac

Team Captain
Mar 13, 2008
Earth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
All
Upon the rumour train is the rumour of an ex non PDFL premiership captain joining a PDFL NW club for 2011 , after being approached by more than 1 club ?[/quote]

Sounds like he would be a handy inclusion for any club....

InFineForm

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2006
Hawthorn East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
can confirm that wunghu have appointed john forde as there coach
for this year.:thumbsu:

Any details about who he is? (Sorry - Melbournite - but still follow the fortunes of Wunghnu.) Any capacity to bring players to the club? Is this a sound move for them (and their future - if the have one)?

Thx

phantom man

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2010
mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
played some games this year then returned to play for undera in there
grand final loss this 2010 got a big job on his hands hopefully can lift
the wungnu club to survive this year and beyond:thumbsu:

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
So everyone should be back at training now or started if u hadn't before chrissy!! & it's been pretty quiet on here regarding player movements coming's & going's??? Surely each club should have some new info on how they're lookin 4 this year?? Or is everyone playing secret squirels keepin their cards close?? Anyway should be a good year!

Ps anyone wana have a crack at how they think the ladder will look this year??? Cheers

Herb

Senior List
Jun 23, 2007
Deni
Other Teams
Rovers
So everyone should be back at training now or started if u hadn't before chrissy!! & it's been pretty quiet on here regarding player movements coming's & going's??? Surely each club should have some new info on how they're lookin 4 this year?? Or is everyone playing secret squirels keepin their cards close?? Anyway should be a good year!

Ps anyone wana have a crack at how they think the ladder will look this year??? Cheers

From all reports Jerilderie might be the climber this year, I've heard Picola have lost Vallender which will hurt them. Strathy have apparently lost a few, the Hoppers will be there abouts again haven't lost many and picked up a couple. I've heard Berrigan won't be as strong and I reckon Mathoura will be fairly strong again.
This is all here say and only what I've been told, time will tell once clearances are up as to how teams are going.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
From all reports Jerilderie might be the climber this year, I've heard Picola have lost Vallender which will hurt them. Strathy have apparently lost a few, the Hoppers will be there abouts again haven't lost many and picked up a couple. I've heard Berrigan won't be as strong and I reckon Mathoura will be fairly strong again.
This is all here say and only what I've been told, time will tell once clearances are up as to how teams are going.

No mention of the rovers I notice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back