Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Picola & District North West 2010 Thread

Hey Pace what happened 2 the little stroy u had on here from last nite regarding a couple of Deni recruits?? Didn't they want it up this early??

Also Herb or NTO is it true that deni are playing on their smaller ground from this year? Is that the 1 next 2 ur massive ground? What are the reasons behind that?

Hey Pace what happened 2 the little stroy u had on here from last nite regarding a couple of Deni recruits?? Didn't they want it up this early??

Also Herb or NTO is it true that deni are playing on their smaller ground from this year? Is that the 1 next 2 ur massive ground? What are the reasons behind that?

Not at all smooth , when I posted it I wasn't aware that all mentioned was already such public knowledge and therefore didn't really see it news worthy as such . For those interested, apparently 2009 Pearce medalist Andrew May has confirmed his return to the rovers, whilst ex Deni Rams captain Luke Moodie has apparently joined the Rovers as A/C ? Mean while the Rovers 2010 joint B&F winner, now 18 year old Rhys McCulloch has excepted a deal to join Sturt in SANFL !

Not at all smooth , when I posted it I wasn't aware that all mentioned was already such public knowledge and therefore didn't really see it news worthy as such . For those interested, apparently 2009 Pearce medalist Andrew May has confirmed his return to the rovers, whilst ex Deni Rams captain Luke Moodie has apparently joined the Rovers as A/C ? Mean while the Rovers 2010 joint B&F winner, now 18 year old Rhys McCulloch has excepted a deal to join Sturt in SANFL !

Cheers Pace, sorry mate where i am we dont get the pastoral times (if thats what it called) so it was info i was unaware of! A couple of very handy gains there, so it looks like they will be a reasonable force again next year even without many more pick ups??

Has anyone else heard anymore news on the 1U situation?? On the S.E Board it states they may have a very handy pick up goin their way with maybe more 2 follow?? Is Forde still their announced coach 4 next year or has their situation changed again???

Our big ground is suppose to be getting a big make over, but at the moment it doesn't look good. The cricket pitches are still very high compared to the ground itself. I can't see it being ready by round 1. Not sure what will happen, we might have to play all our games away for the first half of the year, either that or play at Hardinge Street if they can sort something out with the Rams.
There is no way we could play on the smaller ground (it is the one next to the big one), they did have a seconds final on it a couple of years ago, but I don't think it's big enough.

john forde has pulled the pin on the i u job because of work comitments so once again they have nobody things looking pretty grim for the wungnu boys apparently they have approached former coach adrian timmis as a
last resort:thumbsdown:

Our big ground is suppose to be getting a big make over, but at the moment it doesn't look good.

Hi Herb, former Rover from the 70's era now in Canberra. Has Croft shown up for training with you blokes yet? :confused:

john forde has pulled the pin on the i u job because of work comitments so once again they have nobody things looking pretty grim for the wungnu boys apparently they have approached former coach adrian timmis as a
last resort:thumbsdown:

Any truth to the Marc Bullen link, posted on the PDFL SE Thread?

Any truth to the Marc Bullen link, posted on the PDFL SE Thread?

If it's the same 1 they where refering 2, i was talkin 2 bully the other day & he told me he was stayin down melb 2 go for a flag 3peat?? So unless it's gettin keeped very tight lipped i say this is just some post christmas silly season talk!! But on that note if old 1U doesn't sort something out very quickly i'd say there's a high possibility that they might not even be competing this year!! But hope they do pull thru!! :thumbsu:

Boof

I think he's been crook, but pretty sure he'll be there on Thursday.

Former Tyrendarra coaches Chris Baksh and Darren Killmister both went back to joint coach Picola United in 2010. I see on the North West thread that they have not been re appointed for 2011. May I ask as to how they went in 2010. While I followed the scores each week to see the results and spoke to Bucks on the phone occasionly I can only assume things did not pan out so well for Picola. I am sincere in asking as we would love these boys to come back and play with the Darras in the future. Killy married a Tyrendarra girl and hopefully will be back for 2011. Bucks was senior coach in 2009 and whille he is with a Tyrendarra girl they presently live in Darwin. I realise Chris has many offers from other clubs each season , but where do people think he might play in 2011.

Any news on the Wunghnu FC emergency meeting?

If Wunghnu do go into recess, does that mean the league re-unites into a 16 team competition?

I would assume if Wunghnu do not participate in 2011 then the NW would alter their draw to play as an 8 team comp like the SE for the season and then discuss options for 2012?

Any news on the Wunghnu FC emergency meeting?

If Wunghnu do go into recess, does that mean the league re-unites into a 16 team competition?

I would assume if Wunghnu do not participate in 2011 then the NW would alter their draw to play as an 8 team comp like the SE for the season and then discuss options for 2012?

I like the split. It's a good set up the way it is for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

most clubs started pre season, if not are close too, anyone willing to put up recruits and loses?
interesting to see if sides think they will improve as well.

Today's Shepp News says that Wunghnu is to continue in 2011. Let's hope they can do it.

I have a feeling that Waaia and Katunga would like to renew rivalries with Picola, Strathmerton and Yarroweyah in the not too distant future...

Today's Shepp News says that Wunghnu is to continue in 2011. Let's hope they can do it.

I have a feeling that Waaia and Katunga would like to renew rivalries with Picola, Strathmerton and Yarroweyah in the not too distant future...

On 95.3 (?) this morning it was stated that there is yet to be a decision and that the VCFL will make that decision mid Feb .
Personally I would find that extremely unlikely , I'd suggest it would remain a clubs choice .
Should the U not be in the comp in 2011, you'd suspect 2x8 side comps for 2011 , and you would also suspect a 16 team comp. would be considered for 2012 and beyond , as would the many other options that where considered when the split took place , we may even see another club put in a bid to join the PDFL ?
The NW comp seems to be extremely even, with all clubs predominately rural based, with their senior sides predominately filled with players who have played junior football with the clubs . Which sees a large number of junior players, approx. 3 per club per year on average, playing senior football and I think has been extremely good for the comp with increased healthy rivalry and interest !
There are some clubs in the SE who no doubt fall into this category also , whom I'd assume are a little envy of those within the NW comp ?

On 95.3 (?) this morning it was stated that there is yet to be a decision and that the VCFL will make that decision mid Feb .
Personally I would find that extremely unlikely , I'd suggest it would remain a clubs choice .
Should the U not be in the comp in 2011, you'd suspect 2x8 side comps for 2011 , and you would also suspect a 16 team comp. would be considered for 2012 and beyond , as would the many other options that where considered when the split took place , we may even see another club put in a bid to join the PDFL ?
The NW comp seems to be extremely even, with all clubs predominately rural based, with their senior sides predominately filled with players who have played junior football with the clubs . Which sees a large number of junior players, approx. 3 per club per year on average, playing senior football and I think has been extremely good for the comp with increased healthy rivalry and interest !
There are some clubs in the SE who no doubt fall into this category also , whom I'd assume are a little envy of those within the NW comp ?

There's little doubt that the player payment budgets in the SE are more than the NW. Tunga and Shepp East certainly lead the way and Katty, Dookie, Waaii and Katunga would probably be better off in the NW conference, budget wise.

I think there will be a shift to just to promote club numbers (netball and football), varied social activities and a strong family and community connection as the number 1 mission. To chase and spend the extra 20-30k to try and win a senior premiership just because some other clubs do it, has gotten beyond some SE clubs.

It comes down to the egos and discipline of the senior club officials everywhere to determine what the real measure of sucess of a Football/Netball Club is.

anyone got any news on the wunghnu situation?

Not sure if U's caught the article in Fri shepp news but 1U announced their coach & their 5yr premiership plan, so it looks like they are going ahead this season also stated they had their 1st training session last wed i think?? So looks like 2011 season is set & ready 2 go!!!

Also does the clearances open up 2moro?? If so it will be interesting 2 see over the next week or 2 who clubs have gained/lost?? Thats if teams put in their gains staraight away or hold onto them a little bit??

Have heard that blighty believe that they have signed 2 players from Finley, unsure who they would be in that the bulk of finley players have committed and they look like being pretty handy, maybe fringe players at best.

Have heard that blighty believe that they have signed 2 players from Finley, unsure who they would be in that the bulk of finley players have committed and they look like being pretty handy, maybe fringe players at best.

Any news on Berrigans gains/losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back