Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys Wilty is stepping on her soap box so listen up!!!

The Murray Darling Basin Plan looms as a huge threat to the economy and way of life for all Southern NSW and Nth Vic. As a consequence, if it passes as is, it will effect our footy clubs. It will no doubt impact our footy club sponsors, even our membership numbers over time. Dont be complacent get behind your sponsors, think of your clubs future and get yourself to Deni on the 16 December at 8.30am at Deni Racecourse to add your voice to the protest.

Thanks guys!!

yep it is
Was talking to a bloke out Picola way and he was under the impression it was some sort of rolling draw over a three year cycle and was wondering why Picola are playing Jerilderie 3 times again this year for the second year running and they have to go up there twice again this year . He said it was hard enough getting players and twice to there and Blighty wasn't helping. Haven't had time to see whether any other clubs are in the same boat . Would this be a genuine complaint or a bit of woe is me. I'm sure doing a fair draw for 8 clubs and 18 rounds would present it's own problems but it does seem a little strange. He also said he didn't think they were losing as many players as mentioned on here previously but I didn't know him well enough to know whether he would know so as with most clubs it is probably wait and see at this time of the year.

Was talking to a bloke out Picola way and he was under the impression it was some sort of rolling draw over a three year cycle and was wondering why Picola are playing Jerilderie 3 times again this year for the second year running and they have to go up there twice again this year . He said it was hard enough getting players and twice to there and Blighty wasn't helping. Haven't had time to see whether any other clubs are in the same boat . Would this be a genuine complaint or a bit of woe is me. I'm sure doing a fair draw for 8 clubs and 18 rounds would present it's own problems but it does seem a little strange. He also said he didn't think they were losing as many players as mentioned on here previously but I didn't know him well enough to know whether he would know so as with most clubs it is probably wait and see at this time of the year.

Not sure about Picola's situation, but as i understand it yes we are operating on a rolling draw and clubs have had a bit of time to comment on past versions of this draw to sort out any of the probs they might have with it.

So it has been announced on other sites & sporting pulse that the PDFL will field a North West & South East divisions to play in the new Country Championships next year (or interleague as we know it) as sole sides with the North West to play the Ovens & King league at 1 of the OKFL grounds & the South East division to play the KDFL as a curtain raiser to the GVFL V MPFL at deakin, now I know pace to freeze (or now known as "Roar Passion") thinks it is a mistake as the PDFL haven't yet decided that they will field 2 sides, maybe still the much debated combined side filled with all South East players:D:D:D (sorry couldn't help myself)

Either way whats peoples thoughts of the potential new set up & if u think 1 or 2 teams would work better?? With the 2 sides set up it leaves the door ajar for a potential North West V South East match up in a few years time?

So it has been announced on other sites & sporting pulse that the PDFL will field a North West & South East divisions to play in the new Country Championships next year (or interleague as we know it) as sole sides with the North West to play the Ovens & King league at 1 of the OKFL grounds & the South East division to play the KDFL as a curtain raiser to the GVFL V MPFL at deakin, now I know pace to freeze (or now known as "Roar Passion") thinks it is a mistake as the PDFL haven't yet decided that they will field 2 sides, maybe still the much debated combined side filled with all South East players:D:D:D (sorry couldn't help myself)

Either way whats peoples thoughts of the potential new set up & if u think 1 or 2 teams would work better?? With the 2 sides set up it leaves the door ajar for a potential North West V South East match up in a few years time?
IMO to have two sides based on NW v SE is rubbish , sevely devalues representative Footy and due to the additional workload will place significant strain on researches and the long term sustainability of interleague Footy !
Should one be a under 21 or 23 side and providing greater opportunity for under 19 VCFL side , all for it !

IMO to have two sides based on NW v SE is rubbish , sevely devalues representative Footy and due to the additional workload will place significant strain on researches and the long term sustainability of interleague Footy !
Should one be a under 21 or 23 side and providing greater opportunity for under 19 VCFL side , all for it !

Totally agree with this point, do think it would put alot of unwanted strain on the leagues administration!! & also do support the U21 or U23 set up to give them some more exposure to senior footy!

Heard they have lost both sparey boys, harding davies, duggan hollands, bessel (& possibly the other moama boys) & 2-3 more that have slipped my mind!! Interesting 2 see if their melb recruits stay on also?? Haven't heard yet on any incomming recruits??

A little birdy told me a few days ago their newly appointed assistant coach could be on the move too... He might just be 'seeing red' so to speak. Wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little birdy told me a few days ago their newly appointed assistant coach could be on the move too... He might just be 'seeing red' so to speak. Wait and see.
He had a meeting with a Red club quite some time before announcement he was to be assistant coach. So not sure on that one. Either way though to be fair to Mathoura they have a new executive on board let's help em out and not make it look like the "sky is falling in around them" for now.

Does anyone know if it was PDFL suggestion we have two sides, or the VCFL want us to have two sides to even up the draw?

Seriously disappointed if this happens. What is good promo for our league is good promo for all our clubs. Would be good to use these first couple of years to ensure we have best team in (mostly NW by the time all the SE cheque book superstars reject the offer :D:D:D - sorry couldn't help myself either) improve our standing which hopefully has the effect of helping with recruitment/retention of players. Also iron out all the administration areas, so if further along the track it did split admin able to cope better. See what happens I guess. I agree does devalue the stature of being picked in the interleague team as pretty good odds of getting in really.

Totally support idea of Under 21 / 23 team.

Does anyone know if it was PDFL suggestion we have two sides, or the VCFL want us to have two sides to even up the draw?

Seriously disappointed if this happens. What is good promo for our league is good promo for all our clubs. Would be good to use these first couple of years to ensure we have best team in (mostly NW by the time all the SE cheque book superstars reject the offer :D:D:D - sorry couldn't help myself either) improve our standing which hopefully has the effect of helping with recruitment/retention of players. Also iron out all the administration areas, so if further along the track it did split admin able to cope better. See what happens I guess. I agree does devalue the stature of being picked in the interleague team as pretty good odds of getting in really.

Totally support idea of Under 21 / 23 team.
I personally have NI where the idea come from , but suspect some may support it to avoid the old NW v SE when it comes to selection , or either division spitting chips if one side of the comp dominates the team , which not only IMO is a cop out but very easily avoided , you get people involved who are not involved in either division to oversee it !
As for who would dominate what teams , well to be honest IMO , if you had a under 21/23 side and a over 21/23 side , IMO the under 21/23 side would have more NW players and the over 23 more SE players , it's just they way the comps are , based on geographically location of the clubs involved in each comp !
However an under 21/23 interleague side would massively assist SE clubs in retaining players who are no longer eligible to play under 17's .

I personally have NI where the idea come from , but suspect some may support it to avoid the old NW v SE when it comes to selection , or either division spitting chips if one side of the comp dominates the team , which not only IMO is a cop out but very easily avoided , you get people involved who are not involved in either division to oversee it !
As for who would dominate what teams , well to be honest IMO , if you had a under 21/23 side and a over 21/23 side , IMO the under 21/23 side would have more NW players and the over 23 more SE players , it's just they way the comps are , based on geographically location of the clubs involved in each comp !
However an under 21/23 interleague side would massively assist SE clubs in retaining players who are no longer eligible to play under 17's .

Yep, totally agree with those points.

So people the proposal is that we have an over 21/23 team and a under 21/23 team. Can we have some feedback please.

I can only see positives for the league as we have our best side of "experienced" players. But I see more importance on the league putting a priority on the under 21/23 side, great promo of our family league I suggest and IMO both sides of league do a great job developing youth.
It would appear from the draw that it is best for us to supply two teams so make the most of it.

Yep, totally agree with those points.

So people the proposal is that we have an over 21/23 team and a under 21/23 team. Can we have some feedback please.

I can only see positives for the league as we have our best side of "experienced" players. But I see more importance on the league putting a priority on the under 21/23 side, great promo of our family league I suggest and IMO both sides of league do a great job developing youth.
It would appear from the draw that it is best for us to supply two teams so make the most of it.
I think if it has to be 2 teams then the under 21/23 and over 21/23 is the way to go . Having two open age teams seems ridiculous to me and surely if an independent body was in charge of selection one team would be a far better alternative. If one division is heavily represented then so be it . I still think if that happened both divisions would support a picola league team playing rep footy. from what i have seen over the last couple of years around the north of the state in my travels a close to full strength side from the best of both divisions may well surprise many people who don't realise how much the standard of the league has improved.

Got some pretty decent mail he’ll be at Blighty… Could be wrong though

I hread he was off to uni or something in bendigo and kangaroo flat were onto him. Some decent coin too! If his going to blighty they must be spending a packet. Getting him and schoullar? Plus keeping Clarke(jet)

He wanted info but wasn't that keen on returning the favour ,:thumbsu::D amazing how a president could no so little about such a wide spread rumour. ;):eek:

Like a young kid that did something wrong & got caught for it but aint fessing up!! (playing dumb i think:D) Well if u do hear anything on this rumour (as it is the only main 1 going around atm) let us know, i'll be trying to do my own research 2!!:thumbsu:

Also have a safe & Merry Xmas to all Big Footy posters & readers & hopefully Santa delivered some nice recruits to your footy club...:D:thumbsu:

I hread he was off to uni or something in bendigo and kangaroo flat were onto him. Some decent coin too! If his going to blighty they must be spending a packet. Getting him and schoullar? Plus keeping Clarke(jet)

Doubt it. Scoullar was very reasonable with money last time, envisage he will be even more so again. His wife is a Blighty girl through and through and they live in Blighty community. Other than Clarke, who I don't know details of, I can't see they would really be forking out that much. Jake Plattfuss refused to be paid last couple of seasons, only wanted his Dad's old number :thumbsu:. f Brett Napier back, as rumoured I have no confirmation, he will play for nothing also.
Lumbar think we've all heard Blighty in box seat. But perhaps no signature on dotted line just yet? Wouldnt be wise for Banj to spruke publicly too soon, think someone made that mistake last season re same player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back