Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Any update on the umpires?
Hearing that a very large organisation has become aware of certain aspects of this umpire matter and are considering pulling out their sponsorship from Victorian football, would think it will
Have a large impact . Whilst the PDFNL has allegedly obtained some nice sponsorship for the body that umpires them this year .

Hearing that a very large organisation has become aware of certain aspects of this umpire matter and are considering pulling out their sponsorship from Victorian football, would think it will
Have a large impact . Whilst the PDFNL has allegedly obtained some nice sponsorship for the body that umpires them this year .
Maybe u can get your own umpires panel could not be worse than third or fourth string gv umpires

See a few clearances starting to filter through, appears Deni are going for an injection of youth Charles Mac...;)

See a few clearances starting to filter through, appears Deni are going for an injection of youth Charles Mac...;)

Don't think Charles will be causing the selection committee to many problems. Might be having a few long discussions with the barman this year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twitter is reporting .
'The PDFNL have been unable to reach a satisfactory outcome with the GVFUA and have decided that they will use there own umpires .'
I don't believe that is referring to club umpires and suspect more is to come .

Last edited:
P
Twitter is reporting .
'The PDFNL have been unable to reach a satisfactory outcome with the GVFUA and have decided that they will use there own umpires .'
problem is getting umpires who have no ties to clubs ,who are impartial and have the skills to umpire, bets on pfnl could be a problem !

Twitter is reporting .

So this mean big BOOFA KEECH from mathoura will be a senior umpire this year? The TIMBERCUTTERS might go alright this year then. So how will the tribunal work?

P

problem is getting umpires who have no ties to clubs ,who are impartial and have the skills to umpire, bets on pfnl could be a problem !
I would guess that GVFUA and other umpiring organisations lists would be looked over and specific people targeted and made offers, much the same as recruiting players ???

I would guess that GVFUA and other umpiring organisations lists would be looked over and specific people targeted and made offers, much the same as recruiting players ???

Will they be allocated points and have a salary cap? LOL

In all seriousness though if we don't have paid umpires from an organisation that have to answer to their "boss" when complaints surface or any other matters umpires deal with it could be a messy season.

Will they be allocated points and have a salary cap? LOL

In all seriousness though if we don't have paid umpires from an organisation that have to answer to their "boss" when complaints surface or any other matters umpires deal with it could be a messy season.
Reckon that would be ticked off .

Reckon that would be ticked off .

The part that I think is concerning though is you need 16 umpires minimum for the 8 games per round played. Where do they train? Where do they get dropped to if they are under performing? Injury, poor performance and unavailabilities you are probably looking at a minimum 24 needed? Is having your own league's umpires acheivable? What incentive other than $$$ is it to umpire in the PDFL

What is really going on with this umpire mess???
I've gleaned that the league has made numerous attempts to open negotiations towards resolution with the GVFUa since the announcement in November all of them unsuccessfully by accounts.
I understand our new ops manager Greg Watmore in an attempt to move things along sent a proposal to GVFUA based on RUMOURS of what the issues were and I think we all know that was communications Between pdfnl and GVFUa. I understand this proposal set out a protocol for communications that being written communication where ever possible and via nominated parties that being league ops manager and GVFUa secretary. At least some progress apparently with Meek replying that this is "common courtesy" they expect with all parties they deal with.
I understand that in this communication, the only one Meek has seen fit to provide since November, indicates a few club related issues they want addressed. all of which I would assume the league would fully agree with.
Those issues being umpire safety and abuse of umpires at games being one.
Club goal umpires abusing GVFUa central umpires another. Also the issue that some boundary umpires cannot throw the ball in and at times are bare foot when umpiring.

So after blaming the board, personalities of the board we now ,after all this time, have that the issues are with the clubs and supporters??? Thats if you believe what they have allegedly written???

Well I for one would be very interested in knowing if this is the view of the whole membership of the GVFUA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back