Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For mine, yes to player points, but a big n-o to a salary cap.

Player points systems will always be more effective, transparent and honest than salary caps. There are many ways to get around a salary cap, but there is no way that a club can field a team with more points than the maximum allowable and get away with it. A number of leagues openly make available club lists with player points values so there should never be any disputes about point values, though I do think that it is wrong that results in best and fairest awards can attract an extra point.

If you can't stuff a side full of high-point talent at the expense of fielding local players, then it is likely that you will not be spending as much as now and should work itself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine, yes to player points, but a big n-o to a salary cap.

Player points systems will always be more effective, transparent and honest than salary caps. There are many ways to get around a salary cap, but there is no way that a club can field a team with more points than the maximum allowable and get away with it. A number of leagues openly make available club lists with player points values so there should never be any disputes about point values, though I do think that it is wrong that results in best and fairest awards can attract an extra point.

If you can't stuff a side full of high-point talent at the expense of fielding local players, then it is likely that you will not be spending as much as now and should work itself out.
Correct. Especially when all the players points are beside the names on each games team sheets. Make an intersting read for the team manager when comparing

Anyone pick up any new players recently?
Too early to start doing predictions for the season I'm guessing

Just got back into the area. 1st time on Big Footy. Lots of conversation about points and salary cap. Looks like some clubs will be better than last year and looks like some will be worse, despite spending some good $$. IMO there seems to be very little evidence to suggest that the Points and salary cap is/will bring about the decline in clubs/leagues. The Points have been in for a year and I don't believe there are many clubs that have folded or found it difficult to operate under the allocated points.

Strathy appear to be getting some young premiership players back, Jerilderie and Picola will be there abouts, not sure abut the rest.

Blighty should be thereabouts as well barring a bad run with injury, picked up a couple of key recruits as have rovers.
Just got back into the area. 1st time on Big Footy. Lots of conversation about points and salary cap. Looks like some clubs will be better than last year and looks like some will be worse, despite spending some good $$. IMO there seems to be very little evidence to suggest that the Points and salary cap is/will bring about the decline in clubs/leagues. The Points have been in for a year and I don't believe there are many clubs that have folded or found it difficult to operate under the allocated points.

Strathy appear to be getting some young premiership players back, Jerilderie and Picola will be there abouts, not sure abut the rest.[/QUO

Strathy appear to be getting some young premiership players back, Jerilderie and Picola will be there abouts, not sure abut the rest.

Who have Jerilderie picked up to put them "there abouts"? Would need to have picked up a few last seasons drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back