Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can someone explain the full recap please?
I'm guessing No clubs will be leaving and it will be just normal season as usual?
Looking forward to the footy starting

So can someone explain the full recap please?
I'm guessing No clubs will be leaving and it will be just normal season as usual?
Looking forward to the footy starting

Correct in football terms. but the affiliation agreement is so much more than points system. That's actually a minor component in my book.

I personally am no fan of the hub especially given the current financial states of two leagues in it. We now have to be involved in a working party to look at the administration of our league and the cost benefits of the hub. i have grave doubts as to how independent the facilitator will be and can see a big brother hand saying we need their money so in they come like it or not.

Up go all our fees and don't even try to tell me we will have any say in the matter.

I'm going to hope everyone gets to say Wilty was wrong.

Correct in football terms. but the affiliation agreement is so much more than points system. That's actually a minor component in my book.

I personally am no fan of the hub especially given the current financial states of two leagues in it. We now have to be involved in a working party to look at the administration of our league and the cost benefits of the hub. i have grave doubts as to how independent the facilitator will be and can see a big brother hand saying we need their money so in they come like it or not.

Up go all our fees and don't even try to tell me we will have any say in the matter.

I'm going to hope everyone gets to say Wilty was wrong.
What swung the decision? The info night or the extra points for remote clubs. Does this mean u get gv umpires again?

Word out Berrigan is that the loss of the Harley middleweight is that club big man Cody heazlewood has stepped up and looking to take the full forward position there! Word is he has lost a few and moving like a machine on the track!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Am hearing a little whisper out of deni that draffin an Robinson are possibly on the move. Will that hurt deni?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out : Daniels - Picola
In : Ellis - Strathy , most SE clubs and midfielders are very happy about.

Dan Ellis is a big in at Strathy but they don't really need another on baller do they, they're littered with them and although Dave Daniel got all the honours in 2016 I feel Picola's depth throughout the midfield will cover his departure (I'd still be pretty happy at Waaia having a past son return of his calibre). These 2 sides would be even scarier if either had of recruited a big name forward that would avg. 3-4 goals or more a game.

The tight result isn't surprising as I see these 2 teams as the front runners still with Blighty and Deni close on their heels followed by Toc and possibly Berrigan. I hope Jerilderie, Mathoura and Yarroweyah can all improve and make the NW a highly competitive season.

Was a tight game with nobody really able to break away other than a 10 min patch where Picola kicked 6 on the trot.

Any idea where the umpires were from? Obviously lacked a little local knowledge. Both jumpers mainly blue so the umpires donned the blue as well.

Was a tight game with nobody really able to break away other than a 10 min patch where Picola kicked 6 on the trot.

Any idea where the umpires were from? Obviously lacked a little local knowledge. Both jumpers mainly blue so the umpires donned the blue as well.
Albury umpire association , first game in the PDFNL and wearing there old uniforms due to old umpire uniform supplier BLK's colapse.
Didn't think it was a major issue.

Dan Ellis is a big in at Strathy but they don't really need another on baller do they, they're littered with them and although Dave Daniel got all the honours in 2016 I feel Picola's depth throughout the midfield will cover his departure (I'd still be pretty happy at Waaia having a past son return of his calibre). These 2 sides would be even scarier if either had of recruited a big name forward that would avg. 3-4 goals or more a game.

The tight result isn't surprising as I see these 2 teams as the front runners still with Blighty and Deni close on their heels followed by Toc and possibly Berrigan. I hope Jerilderie, Mathoura and Yarroweyah can all improve and make the NW a highly competitive season.

As much as every team would love a big key forward. Game plans rarely revolve around 1 key forward now days. Think both teams have enough scoring options. on the weekend both teams absolutely butchered the football. Bit of work to do if either of them are to get back to the heights of 2016.

The blue umpires uniform sounds ideal for most teams. The current green umpires uniform clashes with the standard club runners gear. Roar, Any plans for a change of strip for either umpires or runners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back