Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a simple question in regard to the points system if Blighty are approved for 60 points does that mean all teams that finished below them last year should on this basis be allowed more points?

Also I was at the Deni vs Blighty game and an interesting thing I noticed was I had for Deni number 45 Ezard as in the book and as his team mates were calling him down for 2 goals and Brodie Lumber down for 4 with Campbell kicking their other goal. He certainly wore 45 and kicked a couple yet I see in the match stats there is no no.45 and goals to 2 blokes who certainly didn't kick them. Just curious on how the points system is policed and how something like this could go through "unnoticed". Now I wasn't on the froffies and I was paying attention was this to keep Deni under there points cap???? Also I see a 00 R.Brunker for Deni on the stats list as played and I certainly didn't see anyone in a 00 Guernsey. Are Deni doing something shifty or is there a simple answer to this that someone can put forward?

Just a simple question in regard to the points system if Blighty are approved for 60 points does that mean all teams that finished below them last year should on this basis be allowed more points?

Also I was at the Deni vs Blighty game and an interesting thing I noticed was I had for Deni number 45 Ezard as in the book and as his team mates were calling him down for 2 goals and Brodie Lumber down for 4 with Campbell kicking their other goal. He certainly wore 45 and kicked a couple yet I see in the match stats there is no no.45 and goals to 2 blokes who certainly didn't kick them. Just curious on how the points system is policed and how something like this could go through "unnoticed". Now I wasn't on the froffies and I was paying attention was this to keep Deni under there points cap???? Also I see a 00 R.Brunker for Deni on the stats list as played and I certainly didn't see anyone in a 00 Guernsey. Are Deni doing something shifty or is there a simple answer to this that someone can put forward?

Regarding Blighty points. this year as league entered system late ALL clubs could apply for extra points beyond the 48 based on what they had recruited prior to signing up to the CCSP. It was said clubs shouldn't lose players they had already recruited up to that point.

not sure what will happen next year though.

As for Numbers . Another Example Brett Macdonald Blighty listed as 61 in the book, wore number 8, number not shown on computer system at all. Might be still paperwork issues getting ironed out?

Ryan brunker is a thirds player perhaps was junior sub may have worn 45??? I obviously wasn't paying enough attention as I don't know who kicked the goals.

Regarding Blighty points. this year as league entered system late ALL clubs could apply for extra points beyond the 48 based on what they had recruited prior to signing up to the CCSP. It was said clubs shouldn't lose players they had already recruited up to that point.

not sure what will happen next year though.

As for Numbers . Another Example Brett Macdonald Blighty listed as 61 in the book, wore number 8, number not shown on computer system at all. Might be still paperwork issues getting ironed out?

Ryan brunker is a thirds player perhaps was junior sub may have worn 45??? I obviously wasn't paying enough attention as I don't know who kicked the goals.

Just very interesting as he certainly kicked 2 and it was definitely 45 B.Ezard. On further investigation he played 2's last year, just an interesting thing neither goal down to his name and not on the team sheet. Obviously doesn't change the result here but if Deni had of won would Blighty have a case? Just an interesting thing I noticed and with the points system maybe the 2-3 pointers that aren't big names may get "forgotten" not saying this was the case here but very interesting. Be interesting to see what's in the record this weekend.

Just very interesting as he certainly kicked 2 and it was definitely 45 B.Ezard. On further investigation he played 2's last year, just an interesting thing neither goal down to his name and not on the team sheet. Obviously doesn't change the result here but if Deni had of won would Blighty have a case? Just an interesting thing I noticed and with the points system maybe the 2-3 pointers that aren't big names may get "forgotten" not saying this was the case here but very interesting. Be interesting to see what's in the record this weekend.

maybe you have detected a bit of an error then.

Good point. Let's just say yep mistake happened.
Here we have a game where both clubs know each other pretty well and it still managed to slip past opponents that it was a different person playing to that listed.
You are right it would be something that may be possible with lesser known players who carry 2, 3 or even 4 points in some cases to simply list one of your own 1 point players instead.

Risky though.

The real story of the Blighty v Rovers game. Marcus Jackson lining up Round 1 for Blighty!! What courage and determination!!
We often crack players over club loyalty yet mate loyalty is just so much more important.
The story behind the story being Tyndall your a champ!! You've stood beside two of your best mates who had tough battles last year. Saturday they both lined up beside you both coming in from different clubs.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/4592487/marcus-makes-return-to-footy/?cs=12

Stories out of Blighty keep coming. I'm
Sure most if not all in Nw would know Gilbert. If you can help with this charity,especially Berrigan and Jerilderie if you know of a business that could be a depot for the drop off of batteries, I'm sure you'll know where to find him on a Saturday. They are doing a great job raising money for so many families in our league battling illness.

http://regional.sheppnews.com.au/2016/09/02/48868/batteries-help-recharge-charity

I believe random audits are done to establish if anyone is attempting to cheat the point system .
I hear that plenty have already been undertaken.
The website states that Deni used 26 of their 48 points last week.
http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?c=0-6191-0-435846-0&pool=1&fixture=124775843&a=PPA#/

I believe random audits are done to establish if anyone is attempting to cheat the point system .
I hear that plenty have already been undertaken.
The website states that Deni used 26 of their 48 points last week.
http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?c=0-6191-0-435846-0&pool=1&fixture=124775843&a=PPA#/

Correct me if im wrong but isn't the points system policed under sporting pulse? I would of thought the system would not let you put a player into the team sheet if they are over the allocated points. Please tell me we are not just using the record to determine a sides points...

So do we welcome Finley next year or SE?

I can't see Finley dropping down to the Picola League well not in the near future. It would not change a thing. There is simply no players to fill a 2nds and a 1sts side this season after 18 of the 22 players from the grand final no longer at the club, if they were in the Picola League they still wouldn't have a 2nds this year. They have 25 kids in the 4ths and 25-30 in the 3rds so dropping down a league may see them lose some of these kids. Finley just need to rebuild again as they did about 10 years ago when the "Picola League" idea was floated. A painful season this year no doubt but that's footy.

Correct me if im wrong but isn't the points system policed under sporting pulse? I would of thought the system would not let you put a player into the team sheet if they are over the allocated points. Please tell me we are not just using the record to determine a sides points...
I believe it to be under Sporting Pulse as well. Audits there I presume as clubs are left to calculate a players points and also to make sure that the team sheet side is the same side that actually play.

I was meaning the amount of points allocated to each player is being audited.

I was meaning the amount of points allocated to each player is being audited.

So I made it to the Toc vs Berrigan game and I know who Daniel Evans is and he played for Berrigan yet he certainly isn't on the team sheet and this picture is certainly showing him playing in the 1sts. Still not sure how the points system will work if there has been a 100% strike rate from the games I've gone to re: incorrect team sheets.

Attachments

• TocBer.PNG
    TocBer.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 26

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips this week.

- Picola just over Berrigan in a close one. 9points.

- Tocumwal comfortably over Jerilderie.43 points.

- Mathoura by 60points over the Hoppers.

- Blighty to prove they are a premiership contender over Strathy by 6 points.

Hi all, first time poster here but I've been told recently by sources very close to the action that there appears to be a bit of discontent within some players at the home of the reigning premiers regarding $$$ shelled out last year for recruits at the expense of local servants who contribute more to the group than those brought in on big bucks.
What are your opinions? How far do you go to win a flag? Paying big dollars for players to come for a year, not contribute as much as those on a lot less and then leave is a good way to ruin a culture as far as I'm concerned. Or is it simply a matter of you have to pay overs to entice a player to change clubs?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi all, first time poster here but I've been told recently by sources very close to the action that there appears to be a bit of discontent within some players at the home of the reigning premiers regarding $$$ shelled out last year for recruits at the expense of local servants who contribute more to the group than those brought in on big bucks.
What are your opinions? How far do you go to win a flag? Paying big dollars for players to come for a year, not contribute as much as those on a lot less and then leave is a good way to ruin a culture as far as I'm concerned. Or is it simply a matter of you have to pay overs to entice a player to change clubs?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd say it is bullshit on the basis they have lost very few and why would it be a issue this year not last year ?
The biggest out for them would have been Daniel , he had been there for quite a few years , was league medalist and bog in GF, so you'd expect his service and efforts were more than fair and reasonable.

I'd say it is bullshit on the basis they have lost very few and why would it be a issue this year not last year ?
The biggest out for them would have been Daniel , he had been there for quite a few years , was league medalist and bog in GF, so you'd expect his service and efforts were more than fair and reasonable.

Sounds about right Roar, he did return to his home club to finish his football at age 35.

Thought the Strathy V Deni game might have been a bit closer. Apparently Deni had a few out but that was a hiding.

Hi guys,

First time poster. Long time reader.
Was just wondering how everyone thinks the clubs have shaped up so far this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back