Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a cracker of a GF. Think United might get up in senior grade having had an easier run over the past 3 weeks of finals. Can work against them if they don't come to play though. Wondering what the crowd will be like with Picola & Strathy having 5 of the 8 teams playing football and quite a few netball teams between them. Hopefully league supporters get there and support Blighty hosting the big dance.

Bit quiet on here. GF tips for all the grades?
I think strathy can win it in both grades. They have a better side on paper than picola so if they play to there potential they'll be hard to beat. Also expecting a smaller crowd with a couple of teams dominating

I think strathy can win it in both grades. They have a better side on paper than picola so if they play to there potential they'll be hard to beat. Also expecting a smaller crowd with a couple of teams dominating

I thought Strathy 3 weeks ago, but after watching the 2nd Semi it is hard to go past Picola. If Strathy are to win, Matt Shannon needs to play through the middle most of the day.

I thought Strathy 3 weeks ago, but after watching the 2nd Semi it is hard to go past Picola. If Strathy are to win, Matt Shannon needs to play through the middle most of the day.
I disagree with you Charles. Shannon , Ellis and Bloom started in the middle in the 2nd semi with little effect. Whereas in the game during the year where Strathy beat Picola Ellis started forward and played alot forward and Shannon played mostly back. For mine Shannon is the backline general they need to setup behind the ball. His last half predominately in that role in the prelim was very good .
I thought Morgan and Beards class in the semi was pivotal.
O'Sullivan and Hill with their durability will be important to Strathy , however if the blokes playing for Picola on the wings get as much space as they did in the semi I think it will be game over early.
Wouldn't surprise me if Strathy made some changes this week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what's every clubs movements? I know it's early days but there is always player movements going on already, new coaches appointed, coaches sacked? Let's keep this thread alive during the off season..

So what's every clubs movements? I know it's early days but there is always player movements going on already, new coaches appointed, coaches sacked? Let's keep this thread alive during the off season..
Toc have announced Tim Garlick as their new coach, Logie has moved overseas.
Jerilderie are looking for a new coach as Hillary is coaching Culcairn next year.
Strathy will have Bramich going round again.
Mathoura were advertising and on the hunt, and we've spoken about Deni.
Not sure about any of the other sides..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back