Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happening out at Shepparton East? For the first time that I can recollect they are advertising for thirds players. They usually have great numbers and top sides. Why the shortage of players all of a sudden?

Did Dave Daniel & the Quinn's play for Waaia in the weekend? If so how did they go with there new team? Didn't see them in the best or goal kickers.

Ladder Forecast
Tungamah heap of flag players back
Shepp East retained most of list
Waaia some very good ins
Rennie can the recruits gel
Katunga couldn't beat Waaia!!!!
Katty, Katandra, Dookie to miss finals
League B & F Rendina just a silky mover
Leading g'ker Strawhorn 300 in 3 years at his last stint at the hoppers

The hopper train is back rolling for the first time since round 15 2014.
Who will play on Fev on Saturday against Waaia???

I bet there were no "mixed emotions" after that win!!! We had a Rennie supporter come to our farm this week and he was pretty happy and saying how everyone is much more upbeat now. Really happy for you guys.

Fev is a fave of mine what a great follow up from the win!!

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Hearing Shepp east are set to lose a few to retirement and a few back to united. Can anyone confirm?

After seeing the final at dookie on Saturday I reckon the grand final should be there every year!
Facilities are good, plenty of parking compared to other grounds, the ground was in great condition and the viewing from the hill was even better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing the final at dookie on Saturday I reckon the grand final should be there every year!
Facilities are good, plenty of parking compared to other grounds, the ground was in great condition and the viewing from the hill was even better!
The facilities at all grounds in the comp have improved 10 fold in recent years and all are now very good .
Whilst all of the clubs do a great job of hosting finals.
Collectively it is hard to see any negative in finals rotations ?

The facilities at all grounds in the comp have improved 10 fold in recent years and all are now very good .
Whilst all of the clubs do a great job of hosting finals.
Collectively it is hard to see any negative in finals rotations ?
Yes I agree, everyone's facilities have improved. Parking at a lot of the grounds can be an issue, especially at katandra where you can only fit about 100 cars. It Would also be interesting to see the attendance figures from say katandra compared to a Rennie or tungamah GF or even Dookies prelim compared to Rennie or tungamah' finals. Are you able to shed some light on that roar?

Yes I agree, everyone's facilities have improved. Parking at a lot of the grounds can be an issue, especially at katandra where you can only fit about 100 cars. It Would also be interesting to see the attendance figures from say katandra compared to a Rennie or tungamah GF or even Dookies prelim compared to Rennie or tungamah' finals. Are you able to shed some light on that roar?

Attendance can very much be influenced by the mix of clubs in the finals in fact I'd suggest that is the main reason along with the weather that influences it.

We are Picola League made up of small community clubs. equality of opportunity has enabled these clubs to improve their facilities. There may be things that some clubs do have that are better than others but let's not be like other leagues and think only the best ground is suitable to showcase our grand finals. Showcasing us as a league that considers the big picture and each other IMO is also a far better promotion of what country football should be about. Communities.
I've seen time and again how clubs hosting the Granny are left with a great sense of pride and unity across the whole club and broader community that nothing else provides including a senior flag.

I believe there continues to be a increase in crowd numbers every year , at all finals with the odd exception, which is not decisively due attrubuted to location.
A trend which has commenced since the inception of the rotating finals series .
For example a club may have a lower attendance at 2016 final in comparison to the corresponding 2015 final yet might have a higher gate in different 2017 final compared to the corresponding 2016 gate.
There are also finals passes sold which I don't believe in the past has had any means of tracking attendance and any particular game.
I would think weather , location of other surrounding finals and also mix of clubs would have the largest bearing on finals attendance.
Interesting enough I don't think parking has much if any affect or gate takings .
Having been to numerous finals where the amount of cars allowed in has varied , I like the idea of restricting the amount of vehicles that can get into the ground. It increases the spread of the crowd around the ground and the flow of the crowd around things such as food and drinks facilities. As well as improving the flow of traffic when the game is over.

Have heard that Tunga have named their coach name escapes me at present. A local lad I believe, who may be able to bring a few of their locals who have been playing at a higher level back. Will have to wait a see I guess!

Have heard that Tunga have named their coach name escapes me at present. A local lad I believe, who may be able to bring a few of their locals who have been playing at a higher level back. Will have to wait a see I guess!
Any names of local players he will likely bring back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back