Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your tagging someone else .

I do not know how to tag people so I will just reply to this.

Quick question in regards to player numbers in finals.
It is fairly apparent now that there will be teams in the U/17 football who will play finals who at this stage do not have 18 players.
I am seeking clarification as to what the rules are if one side has 16 and the other has 24 what occurs.
There are two parts to the question.

1. Do they play 16 aside
2. Is there a limitation on squad size (used to be 22, then it became unlimited again), what is it at the moment

Thank you for your time

It is fairly apparent now that there will be teams in the U/17 football who will play finals who at this stage do not have 18 players.
I am seeking clarification as to what the rules are if one side has 16 and the other has 24 what occurs.

1. Do they play 16 aside
2. Is there a limitation on squad size (used to be 22, then it became unlimited again), what is it at the moment

Thank you for your time
From my memory , any side can field 18 players, irrelevant to what the other side has. And yes there is a limit, I’m unsure what it is, perhaps 24 .

1. Do they play 16 aside

Thank you for your time
Every year the same question comes up and then by the time we get to finals all sides find a way to have a full list.
Most of the concerns seem to centre around clubs being concerned the opposition will only naming their 16 best , with no top up kids.
FYI.
11.1 Special playing conditions for reserves and under 17’s
(1) If one team only has sixteen players, both competing teams must play sixteen players, the second team having the right to use up to six interchange players. Maximum of 22 players

Every year the same question comes up and then by the time we get to finals all sides find a way to have a full list.
Most of the concerns seem to centre around clubs being concerned the opposition will only naming their 16 best , with no top up kids.
FYI.
11.1 Special playing conditions for reserves and under 17’s
(1) If one team only has sixteen players, both competing teams must play sixteen players, the second team having the right to use up to six interchange players. Maximum of 22 players

thank you for your response. I did find this rule in the book, just wanted to clarify it was relating to finals.

thank you for your response. I did find this rule in the book, just wanted to clarify it was relating to finals.

Could someone please also clarify how or if points are allocated for forfeited under 17 games as there was discussion around our grounds today about this as apparently most of the clubs face one of the clubs without 3rds once and the other twice but one club only plays each of them once and one club plays them both twice??

thanks in advance

Could someone please also clarify how or if points are allocated for forfeited under 17 games as there was discussion around our grounds today about this as apparently most of the clubs face one of the clubs without 3rds once and the other twice but one club only plays each of them once and one club plays them both twice??

thanks in advance
On agenda for next club meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back