Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Plague

Rookie
Nov 22, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I know players won't play for free, those days are gone but I think the coach has alot of good connections and I don't think the money is the reason they have gone to rennie, I think the coach is a big part of it, what are your thoughts?

Some good points raised. I hear some boys have been offered coin to go to certain clubs but are getting on board with Rennie for zilch except for player awards or incentives. Other blokes apparently could get a lot more elsewhere but going out to Rennie on mimimal amount. Other current players are said to have dropped their payments to fit in some extras to try and make sure they keep climbing and improving. The hoppers not getting into bargaining or not letting players play them off with other clubs for their services. The good early recruiting seems to be having an effect because additional players now turning up wanting to get on board. All very positive. Can't see why things can go wrong. They're no dummies out there - not going to spend coin they don't have! Also can't see why it is a 1 year thing but maybe others know better. Time will tell anyway. But you certainly can't criticise them for having a go.

Re: Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

I hear there will be a shepp news press release very shortly coming out of Wunghnu.
Why would I be putting Wunghnu news on the S.E PDFL you ask, well the signing of an unexpected coach may make a tarago load of Shep East boys out that way.
Marc Bullen charging the U up the ladder in 2011..!

Some good points raised. I hear some boys have been offered coin to go to certain clubs but are getting on board with Rennie for zilch except for player awards or incentives. Other blokes apparently could get a lot more elsewhere but going out to Rennie on mimimal amount. Other current players are said to have dropped their payments to fit in some extras to try and make sure they keep climbing and improving. The hoppers not getting into bargaining or not letting players play them off with other clubs for their services. The good early recruiting seems to be having an effect because additional players now turning up wanting to get on board. All very positive. Can't see why things can go wrong. They're no dummies out there - not going to spend coin they don't have! Also can't see why it is a 1 year thing but maybe others know better. Time will tell anyway. But you certainly can't criticise them for having a go.

well that is great for the hoppers if you are able to do that.

Bit of a Dookie report for you all,
Gini Boyd has taken over as president; she was in charge for the 08 premiership season. Also pretty much rebuilt the junior program.
Lost maybe 2 or 3 in Payne Crosten and Ludey
They had 30-40 at training prior to x'mas, from what im hearing maybe 3 or 4 new experienced players heading out but not signed up yet. Maybe even a few 08 premiership players coming back

4 or 5 un17s will be there abouts for playing ones from last years side, also 3 or 4 from the 09 un17s premiership side are coming back. Scott Grieg is a development and bench coach. Very hand bench coach.

2nds coach is Tom Dickens and Trav Watters
3rds Nick Brown
4ths Luke Sibly

Be interesting how the club goes worked hard on building depth because if you look at the last few years the teams up the top had very hand 2nds players ready to go.

Training starts Monday 24th Jan at Dookie for seniors
& 17th of Jan for the Un17s

I hear there will be a shepp news press release very shortly coming out of Wunghnu.
Why would I be putting Wunghnu news on the S.E PDFL you ask, well the signing of an unexpected coach may make a tarago load of Shep East boys out that way.

Thats interesting Big Wheel cause in 2days Shepp News it states the 1U is having a crisis meetin on thursday 2 discuss whether they should fold immediately or play on this year?? So it sounds like 1 or the other is throwing up a little jiffy of a story, guess we'll know by the end of the month which one is true??

So whats the reports out of tunga so far how are they travelling with arrivals and departures? Would be a super effort to get up for a 4th straight grand final??? Dodd will be leading from the front again which means there a chance but what about S.turner, T betson D. (my hair looks crap) ellis??? Dookie must be excited with a few of there juniors hopefully steppin up this year after there dominant couple of years in 3rds!!! Time for all clubs and players to start steppin it up at training to get primed for 2nd of april!!! be here before we know it!!!
What are clubs practice matches??
shepp east v murchison march 12th
shepp east v undera march 19th are the eagles line up:rolleyes:

So whats the reports out of tunga so far how are they travelling with arrivals and departures? Would be a super effort to get up for a 4th straight grand final??? Dodd will be leading from the front again which means there a chance but what about S.turner, T betson D. (my hair looks crap) ellis??
tunga ar lookin pretty good actually should be right up there again umm not sure on scotty and betto and ellis is playin

Any more on this?

Had a look at the 2011 Draw and as per the last couple of years we all get a 3rd shot at four sides...

Dookie Utd: Tunga, Kats, SEast, Katunga
Katamatite: SEast, Waaia, Rennie, Katandra
Katandra: Rennie, Dookie, Katunga, Katty
Katunga: Waaia, Rennie, Kats, Dookie
Rennie: Kats, Katunga, Katty, Tung
Shepp East: Katty, Tunga, Dookie, Waaia
Tungamah: Dookie, SEast, Waaia, Rennie
Waaia: Katunga, Katty, Tunga, SEast

Had a look at the 2011 Draw and as per the last couple of years we all get a 3rd shot at four sides...

Dookie Utd: Tunga, Kats, SEast, Katunga
Katamatite: SEast, Waaia, Rennie, Katandra
Katandra: Rennie, Dookie, Katunga, Katty
Katunga: Waaia, Rennie, Kats, Dookie
Rennie: Kats, Katunga, Katty, Tung
Shepp East: Katty, Tunga, Dookie, Waaia
Tungamah: Dookie, SEast, Waaia, Rennie
Waaia: Katunga, Katty, Tunga, SEast

It's good to see that, it's going to make it very intresting for some sides, very tight this year. Who are teams playing in there practice matches? Not to far away now!

tunga ar lookin pretty good actually should be right up there again umm not sure on scotty and betto and ellis is playin

Gambi, had a mate telling me tunga have picked up a lad from melbourne by the the name of Evan Scantleton. Any truth to that?? Good get if correct, can play at either end of the ground and even run around in the ruck and can run like the wind for his size!

Evan Scantleton's father owns the big hardware place on the highway in Yarra and a nice little place on the lake at bundalong. He went to school here before heading off to board in the city.Might be throwing some coin there way too.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evan Scantleton's father owns the big hardware place on the highway in Yarra and a nice little place on the lake at bundalong. He went to school here before heading off to board in the city.Might be throwing some coin there way too.....

Where did he play last year??

bumped into daniel 'jeff hogg' mangen not to long ago and i have never seen him so fit as what he is now. He can no longer take his dog princess on runs anymore as she cant run the full 18k's a night. His work mates even recon he's wearing his football boots to work he's that keen to get out on the park. The rennie boys are going to be wrapped with this goal kicking machine

i hope this mangan bloke can actually play good footy or else he will look like an idiot with all theses ppeople talkin him up and yeah big ev has signed at tunga and he played at uni blacks last year i think

Geez, the mwercury would've tested the depth at training around various clubs last night I suspect - Hot as Snot as they say!
How is everyones pre season travelling and are there good numbers on the track.

Geez, the mwercury would've tested the depth at training around various clubs last night I suspect - Hot as Snot as they say!
How is everyones pre season travelling and are there good numbers on the track.

hey ramnutta old mate big laugh was cutting a lonely figure in the rooms afer training as he was sniffing around looking for a new recruits to suck down a fewb cold ones!! last time i seen him he had 3 cans walkin down channell rd looking for the nearest house with there light on just to sink a few cold ones!! pretty sad to be honest!! he looked like a penguin stuck in a desert?? very confused man:cool:

Can anyone access the PDFL clearances page? It appears the link has been moved/closed.
------------------
This 3rd year of the split looks to again be a very even one. Although I do worry for Katamatite and Katunga as they appear to have dropped away. Before the split Katunga were building some great momentum, but this appears to have eroded whilst their near-neighbours in Strathmerton and Yarroweyah have prospered.

Waaia appears to be back up and in the mix with some potent signings, and whilst didn't win many games in 2010, they were usually within 3 or 4 kicks of all sides.

hey flag, ikeep hearing and reading about waaia and how apparantly they are going to have a lot of trouble getting luke cowan cleared. what is the go with this? or is it just numurkah thinking they own every player.

what sides are entering the barooga night comp?

hey flag, ikeep hearing and reading about waaia and how apparantly they are going to have a lot of trouble getting luke cowan cleared. what is the go with this? or is it just numurkah thinking they own every player.

what sides are entering the barooga night comp?

Not sure about the Cowan situation. Very hard to hold a player these days, might get denied a couple of times but blokes normally get through once finances are organised.

Katandra are not in the Barooga series this year. We are setting up a couple of praccy games... Undera is one of them, not sure of the other.

Yes sneak people keep saying that luke cowan wont get cleared but herd from a freind that there was never a contract signed so numurkah dont have a leg to stand on unfortualy, what ever was pay to the big ruckman will only be classed as good will i would think.

hey ramnutta old mate big laugh was cutting a lonely figure in the rooms afer training as he was sniffing around looking for a new recruits to suck down a fewb cold ones!! last time i seen him he had 3 cans walkin down channell rd looking for the nearest house with there light on just to sink a few cold ones!! pretty sad to be honest!! he looked like a penguin stuck in a desert?? very confused man:cool:

I'm sure he'll move on and take a young bloke under his wing and show him that training doesn't fifnish until you've sat around in the sheds, blown the top off a few froffies and talked about the good ol days when footy was much harder and tougher. I'll be out and around over the next few weeks so we can catch up. Enjoyed the cameo on Thurs, but had all the kidlets with me and that storm was brewin so hope the boys passed the message that I had to bolt and get the tin lids home.
Geez the boy from Nar Nar Goon is looking fit. Rippin up the track! Will be in for another big year by the looks of it. Good on him. Any news on your little blonde mate that we played with a couple of years ago? Has he turned up as yet?
As we say in the bolt game - keep your nuts tight!;)

I'm sure he'll move on and take a young bloke under his wing and show him that training doesn't fifnish until you've sat around in the sheds, blown the top off a few froffies and talked about the good ol days when footy was much harder and tougher. I'll be out and around over the next few weeks so we can catch up. Enjoyed the cameo on Thurs, but had all the kidlets with me and that storm was brewin so hope the boys passed the message that I had to bolt and get the tin lids home.
Geez the boy from Nar Nar Goon is looking fit. Rippin up the track! Will be in for another big year by the looks of it. Good on him. Any news on your little blonde mate that we played with a couple of years ago? Has he turned up as yet?
As we say in the bolt game - keep your nuts tight!;)

haha yeh nutta the little blond kid has been to a few runs but work/ cant be bothered gets in the way a bit but im sure he will be primed come round 1 as the team will be!! As for your camoe the group did notice at the first sign of a bit of wind and rain and coming to the conclusion that your skills will suffer we noticed you done the bolt!! some one in the group brought up and we have decided that you have changed and we are not sure who you are anymore:cool::cool::cool::confused::confused::confused: as for ya mate finding a drink partner i think thats the easy part its just finding that emotional and physical attraction that he had with you?? cook,s looks just don,t cut it!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back