Picture of the Brisbane Bear

Remove this Banner Ad

23koo7l.jpg

Have a bigger one available if need be.

This should be the "new" team on the Gold Coast. Gold Coast Bears.

Brisbane Lions should hold onto their Fitzroy history and relinquish the Brisbane Bears history and give it to the "new" club to continue it in their own right. Lions ditch the maroon and bring back the Fitzroy red fulltime. Bring back the royal blue shorts.

Brisbane Lions vs Gold Coast Bears....what a derby that would be.

Anyway...I loved those AFL cartoon mascot logos of the early 90s...even Channel 7 preferred using them over the shield logos during telecasts at one point. Would be great if we can find all of them in one place.

Brisbane Lions should hold onto their Fitzroy history and relinquish the Brisbane Bears history and give it to the "new" club to continue it in their own right. Lions ditch the maroon and bring back the Fitzroy red fulltime. Bring back the royal blue shorts.

Theres so much wrong with everything you've said there. Be gone immediately fool.

Anyway...I loved those AFL cartoon mascot logos of the early 90s...even Channel 7 preferred using them over the shield logos during telecasts at one point. Would be great if we can find all of them in one place.

The Bears are part of our history, nothing to do with the new Gold Coast franchise, please move along:mad:

I don’t think you are going to get a lot of traction around here with that one.

23koo7l.jpg

Have a bigger one available if need be.

Using this image as a starter, I did what I could to make it bigger, but because the original was so small, I had to give up a bit of detail in the process. Looks a bit too smooth and cartoony.

bearlogojk6.jpg

hahaha BrownDog, so that's what you get up to after we are out of the finals race.:D

This is on the back of our jerseys: BBFFC

Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club

The Bears are as much apart of our history as Fitzroy.

About as sensible as us suggesting that West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers merging.

Why is it that non-supporters of our club with no emotional attachments come up with these wayward ideas?

Brisbane Lions should hold onto their Fitzroy history and relinquish the Brisbane Bears history and give it to the "new" club to continue it in their own right.

The Brisbane Lions acknowledge and commemorate the Fitzroy Football Club's history, but it is not "theirs" to hold onto or give away.

In any case, the AFL regards the Brisbane Bears and the Brisbane Lions as the one club with Fitzroy's records held as completely seperate from that of the Lions.

The Brisbane Lions themselves regard the club as having started in 1997 with the Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy records 'ruled off' at the end of 1996. The only exception to this rule is that the Fitzroy and Bears records of any player who played for the Brisbane Lions from 1997 onwards are also included in Brisbane Lions official records. Alistair Lynch played for the Brisbane Lions after 1997 so the club includes his Bears and Fitzroy statistics in their official records. Kevin Murray never played for the Brisbane Lions, so his Fitzroy records are counted as something completely separate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back