• BMT

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Steak and cheese

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Veggie Delite

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. It was a long off-season and I suspect this one will be longer. Actually, it will be given we failed to progress last night.

Yeo needs to stop eating Subway.

Subway is largely processed and preserved food. Not as bad as the burger chains, but no substitute for freshly prepared meals from home.

I actually wonder how much the club advises/intervenes regarding the diet of the players. Do they teach the young blokes how to cook, if they never learnt during their upbringing? Do they teach them what healthy options are? Or do they just say "don't get too much fast food and look after yourself"?

A bit like how doctors tell people to have a healthy, balanced diet. What specifically consitutes a healthy balanced diet is debatable. In simple terms, people should eschew processed and packaged "food" in favour of wholefoods. This includes oils - processed (high-heat extracted) vegetable oils are the worst. Margarine should be banned. Coconut oil is where it's at, along with organic ghee and butter.

Do our players know this? I doubt it. If they get subway, they should at least get avocado to get some good fats ;)
@EagkeShore refered straight to the tribunal for this post. Absolute Dog act. Will get weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sigh. It was a long off-season and I suspect this one will be longer. Actually, it will be given we failed to progress last night.

Yeo needs to stop eating Subway.

Subway is largely processed and preserved food. Not as bad as the burger chains, but no substitute for freshly prepared meals from home.

I actually wonder how much the club advises/intervenes regarding the diet of the players. Do they teach the young blokes how to cook, if they never learnt during their upbringing? Do they teach them what healthy options are? Or do they just say "don't get too much fast food and look after yourself"?

A bit like how doctors tell people to have a healthy, balanced diet. What specifically consitutes a healthy balanced diet is debatable. In simple terms, people should eschew processed and packaged "food" in favour of wholefoods. This includes oils - processed (high-heat extracted) vegetable oils are the worst. Margarine should be banned. Coconut oil is where it's at, along with organic ghee and butter.

Do our players know this? I doubt it. If they get subway, they should at least get avocado to get some good fats ;)

Yes, a small smearing of margarine on a piece of bread is a giant thing to worry about for most people

:rolleyes:

s**t you didn't eat one did you :oops:

283943_1c8ad74f3e08385085d8b6bc9b751998.jpeg

Yes, a small smearing of margarine on a piece of bread is a giant thing to worry about for most people

:rolleyes:
It is from a population health perspective when chronic diseases are on the increase, or in the case of professional athletes, where every small improvement in those things that factor into performance becomes significant.

It's not just margarine, by the way. It is all processed foods. With increased processing, the nutrient density of the "food" becomes diminished and the potential for it to actually harm body tissues increases.

Last edited:
The only tissues I'll be harming are the napkins they give me after ordering a delicious Pizza Sub on Italian herbs and cheese, with all salads except pickles, and a dash of extra pizza sauce

My dad would love this thread. Always suggests subway when we used to suggest fast food.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45 minute sesh followed by, oven roasted chicken with AVOCADO, tomato, baby spinach, lettuce, carrot, olives, salt, pepper and sex.
Sounds a bit NTTAWWTy, but fair enough

Quinz I was doing Mod Monday before it was cool

Melt on toasted Italian herbs and cheese with Old English Cheese , all the salads ( double jalapeño ) and garlic aioli.

/thread.

45 minute sesh followed by, oven roasted chicken with AVOCADO, tomato, baby spinach, lettuce, carrot, olives, salt, pepper and sex.
i would chuck in a handful of jalapenos and top it off with thousand island.

Back