Rumour Pie + Saint 'Coming out' on The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have it on good authority that two prominent AFL players will be coming out as a homosexual couple on The Footy Show within the next few weeks. I am not naming names BUT am confident enough to say one is a young Saint and one is a young Pie. Will be great for the game.

Why won't you name the names ??

You sure you don't have your wires crossed on the 'young' and 'Saint' part? Far more likely now that he's returned to the show that Eddie will finally go public with Bucks. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why the have to "come out" at all. Who gives a ****?

In essence, you are right

In practice though, if two AFL footballers wanted to start a relationship with each other, a committed, declared relationship, then this step is gonna have to happen

In essence, you are right

In practice though, if two AFL footballers wanted to start a relationship with each other, a committed, declared relationship, then this step is gonna have to happen
... Not really. They can just do it and everyone can get over it. They don't have to announce it first like a blessing.

What I meant was 'coming out' is a declaration of just that - I agree that the Footy Show isn't probably needed

even if they just got on with it and it become common knowledge, it's still 'coming out'

I don't understand why they have to "come out" at all. Who gives a ****?
That's ok, but it only takes a shred of empathy to see why it might be a big deal to someone else.

It doesn't have to mean anything to you to be important ... does it?

I can say that I think this would be a huge deal for a lot of people (including me) - and would be a very important milestone for the AFL.

Go ask any kid struggling with their sexuality what this would mean to them.
That's ok, but it only takes a shred of empathy to see why it might be a big deal to someone else.

It doesn't have to mean anything to you to be important ... does it?

I can say that I think this would be a huge deal for a lot of people (including me) - and would be a very important milestone for the AFL.
You two are completely misunderstanding me. I am not saying it isn't important. I am saying that they shouldn't have to do this in the first place. It shouldn't matter what sexuality a person is.

You two are completely misunderstanding me. I am not saying it isn't important. I am saying that they shouldn't have to do this in the first place. It shouldn't matter what sexuality a person is.
It shouldn't, but it's always going to take one or two to take that first step to ease the pressure on others in the future. It's not about throwing it in anyone's face.

I never understand that whole "we don't need to make a big deal out of it" argument that people put forward. Seems like a lot of people just use it as a defense mechanism because they 'don't like them gays.'

I have it on good authority that two prominent AFL players will be coming out as a homosexual couple on The Footy Show within the next few weeks. I am not naming names BUT am confident enough to say one is a young Saint and one is a young Pie. Will be great for the game.
Not going to disrespect the players' privacy.
You are already being disrespectful starting a stupid thread when it hasn't happened yet with name's being floated around. probably not the smartest thread to go early on if you wanted to be sued and to be respectful. You shouldn't be going early on this call to be respectful on this sensitive life changing topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back