Rumour Pie + Saint 'Coming out' on The Footy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Quite right - only stupid people would try and claim marriage is a "right".

How is it a right?

Marriage is a privilege bestowed by a society as expressed through the Government.

I want to marry Miss Universe. But guess what? I have no right to! Why not? What about my right of marriage?!?!?

I mean seriously.
I think technically it is seen as a right in the Australian constitution.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
The marriage act also says its for life, which its not.
I assume your position is that love trumps gender.
So an honest question for you. If three people love each other and want the same right to have their relationship as two people do, should they be allowed? And before you say marriage is traditionally between two people, it is also traditionally between only a man and a women.
The fact is you cant deny for three people to have what two people do.
well no: traditionally marriage is in fact nothing more than a contractual agreement to sell a woman from one man (her father) to another man (her husband); and to shore up political unions between families.

So if you truly believe in what marriage traditionally is, then you actually believe that women are nothing more than property and are simply pawns in familial mergers, religious ceremonies, and land ownership disputes.

Believe me, it has been that way for about 99% of the time marriage as a concept has existed, so if you're going to lecture others on what the marriage traditionally means then you should be aware of what you're actually claiming.

The thin edge of the wedge argument is total bollocks anyway. Next you'll be saying the slippery slope leads to marriage with children or animals. Which is self-evident rubbish

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
well no: traditionally marriage is in fact nothing more than a contractual agreement to sell a woman from one man (her father) to another man (her husband); and to shore up political unions between families.

So if you truly believe in what marriage traditionally is, then you actually believe that women are nothing more than property and are simply pawns in familial mergers, religious ceremonies, and land ownership disputes.

Believe me, it has been that way for about 99% of the time marriage as a concept has existed, so if you're going to lecture others on what the marriage traditionally means then you should be aware of what you're actually claiming.

The thin edge of the wedge argument is total bollocks anyway. Next you'll be saying the slippery slope leads to marriage with children or animals. Which is self-evident rubbish
Polygamy is not Rubbish, it exists in many countries around the world. To think that changing the marriage act to accommodate same sex doesnt set a precident to then allow polygamy is plain wrong.
And adding stupid s**t like beastiality and pedophilla just shows the holes in your logic.

What I will not stand for is players from different teams sitting at the same table on Brownlow night.

That has actually made for some interesting viewing (relatively speaking) in the past though. I still remember Adam Goodes getting all chummy with Simon Black one year, enjoying plenty of the sponsor's product together. Just one of those things that gives a slight added insight into these players and makes you realise some of them might also be interesting people.

Polygamy is not Rubbish, it exists in many countries around the world. To think that changing the marriage act to accommodate same sex doesnt set a precident to then allow polygamy is plain wrong.
And adding stupid s**t like beastiality and pedophilla just shows the holes in your logic.
SETTLE DOWN TIGER WOODS.

Glen Buterol

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 15, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not that it matters but according to their insta they each have a girlfriend. It's neither Moore or Sinclair.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
I have it on good authority that two prominent AFL players will be coming out as a homosexual couple on The Footy Show within the next few weeks. I am not naming names BUT am confident enough to say one is a young Saint and one is a young Pie. Will be great for the game.
Why the hell would it be "great for the game" ? :rolleyes:

Geeezus H bloody christ. What u stick your dick into is now "great for the game" ?

May 4, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can't imagine how it would go down on the footy show. Like would they have a random segment or something? Seems odd. If I were going to come out I would probably just write a letter and get aflpa to publish it on their website

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope they kids in front of Sam newman and then he explodes... Literally
A lot of people have forgotten that Sam is very good friends with Roland Rocchiccioli who appeared on the show in the very early days when it was definitely less politically correct. I doubt there would be the huge implosion from Sam that a lot of people think, considering Roland was always one of the biggest flaming homosexuals you'd see on TV

A lot of people have forgotten that Sam is very good friends with Roland Rocchiccioli who appeared on the show in the very early days when it was definitely less politically correct. I doubt there would be the huge implosion from Sam that a lot of people think, considering Roland was always one of the biggest flaming homosexuals you'd see on TV
Tony Abbott's good friends with Cate McGregor, and his sister's a dyke yet he remains Australian politics homophobe in chief. Who you're mates with doesn't matter s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back