Competitions Pieman 2019 Season Wrap-Up

Remove this Banner Ad

Pieman 2019 Season Wrap-Up
Well it came down to one of the closest finishes ever.

Thanks everybody for participating. Hope you enjoyed the Pieman 2019 edition.

Pieman Player of the Week

Our second lowest goal tally for the year was a disappointing way to end the season. Appropriately it was Aaron Naughton as PPotW being the only multiple goal-scorer. Rhylee West could have won it but unselfishly handballed to Lloyd for the easy goal.

Pieman Player of the Year

Aaron Naughton is our Pieman Player of the Year held onto his lead for just about the whole season. He finished second in overall goals but won the PotY because of his higher handicap. Sam Lloyd just pipped Bailey Dale for second after being headed last round. After the top three it was a pretty even spread. That's a good thing for the Pieman because it means everybody's in with a chance, unlike last year when Gowers ran away with it.

The KELVIN

Nearly a three way dead heat for the Kelvin this week but Doggies7 got up by a nose from Curly5 and lachy . ossie_21 was the only other one to crack the ton this week.

I'm spewing because Rhylee dished off to Lloyd late in the game ... that was 120 points right there for those of us who had West as banker!

The PIEMAN

And so it came down to just a handful of points at the finish.

Congratulations to Snarls Barkley 743898 who is this year's Pieman!

Just six points back was the unlucky Curly5 and then a bigger gap to Bont2Boyd in third. TempletonTheRat led for much of the season but ended up just missing out on the podium by 13 points.

And fitzroybowiedog snared the coveted PieSpoon.

Congratulations to all.

Apologies for the delay with the final results. The spreadsheet worked like a charm for the H&A rounds but needed a bit of manual tweaking for the finals.

To Vinegar Mess for all the work put into the spreadsheet and for the beers ... thanks mate!

That's it for 2019, our eighth year. See you again in 2020.

Attachments

• 1568131878360.png
    1568131878360.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 67

Thanks to all for their efforts this year.

I’d like to congratulate myself, particularly if you look at the last round - my banker was the only player in my team not to score points and cost me the weekly Kelvin.

That takes some degree of skill.....

Pieman 2019 Season Wrap-Up
Well it came down to one of the closest finishes ever.

Thanks everybody for participating. Hope you enjoyed the Pieman 2019 edition.

Pieman Player of the Week

Our second lowest goal tally for the year was a disappointing way to end the season. Appropriately it was Aaron Naughton as PPotW being the only multiple goal-scorer. Rhylee West could have won it but unselfishly handballed to Lloyd for the easy goal.

View attachment 743893

Pieman Player of the Year

Aaron Naughton is our Pieman Player of the Year held onto his lead for just about the whole season. He finished second in overall goals but won the PotY because of his higher handicap. Sam Lloyd just pipped Bailey Dale for second after being headed last round. After the top three it was a pretty even spread. That's a good thing for the Pieman because it means everybody's in with a chance, unlike last year when Gowers ran away with it.

View attachment 743894

The KELVIN

Nearly a three way dead heat for the Kelvin this week but Doggies7 got up by a nose from Curly5 and lachy . ossie_21 was the only other one to crack the ton this week.

I'm spewing because Rhylee dished off to Lloyd late in the game ... that was 120 points right there for those of us who had West as banker!

View attachment 743895

The PIEMAN

And so it came down to just a handful of points at the finish.

Congratulations to Snarls Barkley View attachment 743898 who is this year's Pieman!

Just six points back was the unlucky Curly5 and then a bigger gap to Bont2Boyd in third. TempletonTheRat led for much of the season but ended up just missing out on the podium by 13 points.

And fitzroybowiedog snared the coveted PieSpoon.

Congratulations to all.

View attachment 743896

Apologies for the delay with the final results. The spreadsheet worked like a charm for the H&A rounds but needed a bit of manual tweaking for the finals.

To Vinegar Mess for all the work put into the spreadsheet and for the beers ... thanks mate!

That's it for 2019, our eighth year. See you again in 2020.
Fantastic work again, mate, thank you.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Here's a summary of the Kelvin Winners for 2019.

No surprise that Snarls Barkley is up there again. He didn't only win the Pieman and the most Kelvins, he also recorded the highest weekly score (331).

I think he owes Bailey Dale a few beers!

Thanks dogwatch, a very well operated competition again. Congrats Snarls Barkley and the Dale train, too good in the end. Curly5, I also tip my hat to your score, think we had a lot of similar player selections.

With a bit more astute banker selections, I think I might have been able to challenge for the overall but I only really nailed one or two of my banker selections and dudded the rest.

Looking forward to joining up again for 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back