Competitions Pieman 2020 Elimination Final v St Kilda 4:40pm Sat 3 Oct 4:40pm (Gabba)

Remove this Banner Ad

Still plenty of big game experience in our team. With that in mind, I’d like to see a strong and assertive dogs team display today. Set the tone and demonstrate to the Saints what the often described ‘finals intensity’ really means

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apologies for the delay in finalising the Pieman and posting results.
This year's Pieman spreadsheet had to be chopped around a bit due to the changed fixturing and I might end up having to do the Elim Final manually.
Due to other commitments and the need to double check all this I won't be able to publish final results until later in the week.
Patience CB!

PIEMAN RESULTS - Elimination Final vs St Kilda

We came to play, but only in the final quarter. Another five minutes and we would have won. Or maybe if St Kilda had kicked anywhere near as badly against us as they did against Richmond in the SF. Anyway, no use cryng over spilt marks and missed goals. It's over for 2020.

The season wrap-up can be found in this thread:

So here are the results for the Elimination Final.

Pieman Player of the Week
For our final game it was gun-defender-turned-average-forward, Hayden Crozier who wins player of the week. Congrats Hayden. Let's hope it's the last goal you score in many a long match and you are soon back where you belong and play your best footy ... in defence!

1602483278676.png

The KELVIN
Another even spread of goalkickers meant that most of us got among the points, even if it wasn't many.

Congrats to businessfish for winning what I think is her first second Kelvin. lachy was the only other to crack 100 points but credit must also be given to Floridog who finished third again this week and 11th over the season, meaning one of two things - either he's a very astute observer of the game (from afar) or else you don't need to have been to a game of footy to go well in the Pieman.
For a number of reasons I'm hoping it's the former! Or I suppose it could be both...

1602483326634.png

Thanks again to everyone who participated. See you again in 2021!

Last edited:
credit must also be given to Floridog who finished third again this week and 11th over the season, meaning one of two things - either he's a very astute observer of the game (from afar) or else you don't need to have been to a game of footy to go well in the Pieman.
For a number of reasons I'm hoping it's the former! Or I suppose it could be both...

I think the playing field was evened up for me a bit this year. With the teams in a bubble, no VFL and limited information coming out from the hitouts I think you locals were almost as much in the dark as I. Anyway, I will cherish my first Kelvin and will endeavor to crack the top ten next season. Thanks for doing all the work. It's good fun.

Also, just to set the record straight, I have been to a few footy games. Not quite AFL level but I've been to a couple Ft Lauderdale Fighting Squids games. I watched the US national team play the the Canadian National team (both men's and women's) a few years back when the 49th Parallel Cup was played in Ft Lauderdale. And the year after that the USAFL finals were in Sarasota which is just an hour north of me. I went up to support the Squids and stuck around to watch the second half of the women's GF and the full men's GF. So I've not only been to some footy games but I've been to two Grand Finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, just to set the record straight, I have been to a few footy games. Not quite AFL level but I've been to a couple Ft Lauderdale Fighting Squids games. I watched the US national team play the the Canadian National team (both men's and women's) a few years back when the 49th Parallel Cup was played in Ft Lauderdale. And the year after that the USAFL finals were in Sarasota which is just an hour north of me. I went up to support the Squids and stuck around to watch the second half of the women's GF and the full men's GF. So I've not only been to some footy games but I've been to two Grand Finals.
Are they any good? My niece played in a women's team in DC a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back