Competitions Pieman 2020 Rd 3 vs GWS 7:50pm Fri 19 June

Remove this Banner Ad

In what might be our last Friday night game for the year it should be a great game to watch, probably more for the rivalry than the footy itself. Don't miss the first 10 minutes.

If you want a banker this week, post your nomination here any time up to match start time. You can also change or cancel your banker nomination up to match start time but it must be with a new post (i.e. don't edit your original post).

Here are your teams:
1592268407829.png

And here's the Leaderboard after Rd 2:
1592268450879.png

No bankers lodged yet. I’m guessing nobody thinks we’ll kick a goal tonight ... which is quite understandable.

anyway just a reminder that the deadline for nominating bankers is only 7 hours away.

Also, am I allowed to trade out Gowers for McLean?
No.
Everyone's team is locked in until the trade period which is usually mid-year when we have the bye,. This season has been so disrupted that the original date for the MYTP is now out the window. So it'll probably be in about 4 weeks - I'm thinking immediately after our game on the weekend of 11-12 July but I'll wait for the next batch of rounds to be announced by the AFL before finalising that.

The trade period lasts for the period between games. If we have a bye over that period it means a couple of weeks but this year with no bye it might only be 5-6 days. After that you can't change your team for the rest of the year.

No.
Everyone's team is locked in until the trade period which is usually mid-year when we have the bye,. This season has been so disrupted that the original date for the MYTP is now out the window. So it'll probably be in about 4 weeks - I'm thinking immediately after our game on the weekend of 11-12 July but I'll wait for the next batch of rounds to be announced by the AFL before finalising that.

The trade period lasts for the period between games. If we have a bye over that period it means a couple of weeks but this year with no bye it might only be 5-6 days. After that you can't change your team for the rest of the year.

Righto, all good. The comp rundown in the Pieman thread mentioned trades between 14 and 27 of June. Thought it may not be the case, just wanted to check.

Righto, all good. The comp rundown in the Pieman thread mentioned trades between 14 and 27 of June. Thought it may not be the case, just wanted to check.
Good point. I'll go and change that to avoid any further confusion.

Wallis for banker please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wally again please hoping for a pleasant surprise
I will go Vanders as Banker again this week.
I'll go for Wallis again too, please. And Wally, don't pass it off tonight, if you don't mind!
Vanders again DW. Cheers.
Wallis for banker please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vando please
Done.

THE PIEMAN RESULTS Round 3 v GWS
A win at last but still not many goals and the smallest Kelvin winning total in ages. Do we blame the shorter quarters? Or do we blame Tim English for missing two easy shots? (I do - and probably so do another dozen of us who have Timmy in our team. 😡 ) Anyway, a win's a win and we should be grateful for that. Hoping the goals will come in due course.

Pieman Player of the Week
Welcome to the goalkicking charts Alex Keath, taking the handoff from Josh Dunkley and showing the forwards how to kick long and straight from the 50. This was only his second career goal in 33 games, which explains why his handicap was 63.

A depressing feature of our games this year is that no player has kicked more than one goal in a game yet.

1592619896997.png

Pieman Player of the Year
While Mitch Wallis has streaked to the top of the goalkicking list (with 3 goals) it's Bailey Williams who retains the PPOTY lead. Before the season starts it looks fairly easy to pick a strong goalscoring side but consider this: Our most favoured selections were Sam Lloyd (picked by 28 of the 40 entrants) and Josh Bruce (26). After three games they have only 1 goal between them. The glorious uncertainty of it all.

1592620332787.png

The KELVIN
It will probably surprise him but Sharkey66 is our Kelvin winner this week with a modest 77 points. theAthenian was a solid second and LordC used his banker (Wallis) to sneak into third.

1592627351261.png

The PIEMAN
With such low scores this week there was no chance anyone would overtake Wocka who built a big lead in the first two rounds. However Kermit and Dogs_R_Us have chipped away and brought that lead down to a hundred or less. Sharkey66 and theAthenian have moved into the top 10.

1592627404912.png

EDIT: I've updated the Kelvin and Leaderboard tables to include BEaston. I had overlooked his banker because he has got a new username.

Last edited:
I overlooked BEaston having Wallis as banker because of his change of username. Now fixed.

The tables have now been updated above, with BEaston moving into 10th spot on the leaderboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back