Competitions Pieman Mk II - Proof of Concept 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I agree. I went for a 3+2 strategy in week one and got lucky and took the lead. The second week I decided to go with a 2+1+1+1 as I perceived it to be less risk and wanted to play safe to maintain my lead from week one. I'm less numerate than most of you but I don't see any of the configurations being stronger per se, just different levels risk and reward.
And I went 3+1+1 this week just for a look, because nobody had tried that combo. I bombed out.

Just out of interest DW - how would my team from week 1 have gone this week?

I would have most likely swapped Dale for Hunter
You already had Hunter so I've (hypothetically) allocated you the lowest handicap player not already in your team, in this case Josh Bruce.

You'd have scored 80.

Here are the handicaps for Round 14, showing who played last week and how many goals they kicked.
1598427943012.png

DogBites

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
Point Cook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogwatch, I was just visiting to check the results and need to point out a tiny error in the scores.

One of my selections has been recorded incorrectly :oops:(refer to post 51).

I will run with the same selections this week.
Bont, LVM, Toby, bsmith, lipi (Lipinski, not Liber)

Cheers

Dogwatch, I was just visiting to check the results and need to point out a tiny error in the scores.

One of my selections has been recorded incorrectly :oops:(refer to post 51).

I will run with the same selections this week.
Bont, LVM, Toby, bsmith, lipi (Lipinski, not Liber)

Cheers
Aah, that's very honest of you DB. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't been doing much checking as it's only a trial.

So our third different winner this week is BEaston !

1598457296656.png

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So much remorse.

If I'd stuck with the team I selected in round 1 for round 2 I'd have scored 184 last week. That'll learn me.

I like this format DW. You have a bolters chance every round as long as you keep the options of 3 + 2 etc (is 5x an option)

Imagine if Bevo decided to plant Keath at FF for a laugh and you'd thrown this massive Hail Mary of having him 5 times in that weeks selections and he kicked multiple goals. You'd go from zero to hero in 90 minutes.

Hang on. What! BEVO!!! WTF are you thinking putting him at FF. We recruited him from Adelaide to shore up our defence and now you're playing him at FF.

I'm done with this club

1598475480157.png

Here are the handicaps for Round 14, showing who played last week and how many goals they kicked.
View attachment 945805
It doesn't matter for the trial period DW, but do you think you could expand the above chart each week showing the previous weeks results as in who played and goals scored. A bit like a racing form guide...always back them 3rd up form a spell!

It doesn't matter for the trial period DW, but do you think you could expand the above chart each week showing the previous weeks results as in who played and goals scored. A bit like a racing form guide...always back them 3rd up form a spell!

we're going to need hair colour added then - I like backing grey horses in the wet.

It's not too hard to do something like this. This list is sorted on Total Goals but I'd probably sort it on handicap if I did it each week.
Is that what you mean?
1598494521333.png

Don't ask me to list multiple goalscorers on this track or in the wet though. You're going to have to do your own research.

However I can tell you a couple of things for free - (1) I'm not sure if Josh Bruce can handle the extra weight and (2) MC will probably have the blinkers on this week (again!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We need someone like Brisdog or another Queensland local to give us the late mail from the mounting yard every week. Wallis looks in peak condition. Bevo's turned him out a treat this week and the stables girls have a done great job with his mane. Coat looks terrific, the dapples are out, parading beautifully and relaxed this week. Pick of yard and get on from me :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back