Competitions Pieman Mk II - Proof of Concept 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 14 Teams so far. Check your team and let me know if there are any errors.

1598575190247.png

And here is the player popularity list so far:

Dickson10
Bontempelli6
Bruce6
Vandermeer6
Wallis5
McLean4
Naughton4
English4
Hunter3
Hayes3
Liberatore2
Smith B1
Richards1

Still no word from Next Waiting grassman75 Doggies_13 and Acwmr

That's fine - it's entirely up to them - but I've tagged each just in case they forgot. I've included them this week with zombie teams (=same as last week) just for the purposes of the trial.

They are shown in yellow below. Wallis has been subbed in for Next Waiting (replacing Lipinski twice) and for grassman75 (replacing Cavarra). Subs are shown in orange.

Naturally the trial is still open for entries (from them or from anyone else, even first timers) right up to match start time.

1598604540508.png

Pieman Mk II Trial - Results Rd 14 v Geelong

Some quick results in a low scoring round (commentary later). First well done to Kermit in The Pieman Mk II Kelvin:

Edit: Errr ... Maybe not. TTR has pointed out some egregious omissions!

Table deleted. Sorry Kermit

Last edited:
Pieman Mk II Trial - Results Rd 14 v Geelong

Some quick results in a low scoring round (commentary later). First well done to Kermit in The Pieman Mk II Kelvin:

View attachment 947870

Nobody scored a bonus despite a reasonable spread of WB goalkickers.

And here's the trial season leaderboard (yellow indicates a zombie team)

View attachment 947874

perhaps you shouldn't do this at 2am DW

might want to check the goals tally again - you've been Naughty ;)

perhaps you shouldn't do this at 2am DW

might want to check the goals tally again - you've been Naughty ;)
😱
Whoops!

Thanks. That’s why I didn’t do the real Pieman last night. Too jaded. (But at least I was sober)

Have a busy day so might not get to either comp until tonight. I’ll delete the above tables though.

Hey DW, i meant to log in and do mine, but i was busy getting kids to bed and missed the jump - i was pretty happy with my team last night anyway - probably would have picked Wallis who you subbed for me anyway and it was a good chance to see how it might work if i forgot my team

Loving it so far

Quick fix. Left out Hunter and Naughton. I haven't checked this closely but in line with the grand tradition of Covid19 measures I've responded quickly rather than with great diligence and attention to detail, or people slipping through the cracks. ;)

I'll do a proper Qualiy Check later.

In this iteration grassman75 wins with his zombie team (see his post above).

1598659608220.png

Leaderboard later tonight ... if the Tour de France will permit.

OK I got an early mark. Did a few checks. I think the above is the correct result.

(My apologies for the current adhocery, as I've only thrown together a very rough spreadsheet for the purpose of the trial. So it has a few wrinkles, especially rolling from one week to the next. However last night's problem was just a good old fashioned data entry error. If we go with this version of the Pieman next year I'll build it afresh from the ground up.)

So here is the trial season's leaderboard. Kermit may not have won the Kelvin but still gets some glory as the continuing season leader.
Yellow indicates a zombie team.

1598680679503.png

I have the Rd 16 (v WCE) handicaps ready but I'm waiting to see whether the dozen or so missing posts from this thread are restored when they fix the indexing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks DW - that is exactly what i was talking about - is it too much trouble for you to colour the players who played in each round as well? I knew it wasn't, gee you are a truly great supporter. Kudos
You're pushing the friendship there gm. However it turns out it's not hard to do. So here you go:

1599121419778.png

The sharp-eyed among you will notice a small difference between the two tables. In the first table I somehow had Naughton down for an extra goal (in Rd13 v Melb) which he didn't score. Don't worry - the weekly Kelvin (Mk II) scores issued at the time were correct for that round. The spurious six-pointer has now been expunged from the records.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back