Competitions Pieman Mk II - Proof of Concept 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

JJ x 2, Suckling x 2, Daniel x 1

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This was my selection...the phone rang..and I forgot to hit "post reply". Just came back to the thread to post a meme expressing my excitement only to see my team selection still sitting in the box

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Edit: I am cursed in this competition. I select libba and Williams..donuts..so I drop them both..nek minut they're both kicking goals a week later..bastards...and now this...it's too much....I don't need this stress in my life...

Last edited:
PIEMAN MK II (Trial) Results Round 17 v Hawthorn

JJ x 2, Suckling x 2, Daniel x 1

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This was my selection...the phone rang..and I forgot to hit "post reply". Just came back to the thread to post a meme expressing my excitement only to see my team selection still sitting in the box

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Edit: I am cursed in this competition. I select libba and Williams..donuts..so I drop them both..nek minut they're both kicking goals a week later..bastards...and now this...it's too much....I don't need this stress in my life...

LOL. Some people are never happy. Next Waiting wins this weeks pseudo-Kelvin and he's still bitching!
Admittedly the team he alleges he had intended to submit would have scored 188 points but the 168 points from his zombie team was still enough for the weekly prize.

For the first time in about four games we have a bonus point award (20 points for having four different goal scorers). That went to BEaston who finished with a very creditable 151.

Doggies_13 (who won the REAL Kelvin this week) came third in this one, again using JJ to get most of his points.

This week's results showed that having a zombie team is no handicap. Clearly it can be quite productive! In fact it's the second time in 5 games that a zombie team has won.

The zombie teams this week were Next Waiting, DogBites and Acwmr. (And maybe Fossie 32 who requested the same 5.)

1600002401913.png

All in all there were some spectacular successes and flops this week. It demonstrates that under this format it's still possible to gain a substantial break on the others in any given week. This was best illustrated by BEaston who made up 142 points on the previous leader Kermit and is now 70 points clear at the top.

Here's the Pieman Mk II leaderboard after Rd 17:

1600003834363.png

If I try and pick Bruce again because I say “he’s due”, can you please remove my entry
LOL me too.

OK. It's probably the only way we can get him among the goals again.

PIEMAN MK II (Trial) Results Round 17 v Hawthorn

LOL. Some people are never happy. Next Waiting wins this weeks pseudo-Kelvin and he's still bitching!
Admittedly the team he alleges he had intended to submit would have scored 188 points but the 168 points from his zombie team was still enough for the weekly prize.

For the first time in about four games we have a bonus point award (20 points for having four different goal scorers). That went to BEaston who finished with a very creditable 151.

Doggies_13 (who won the REAL Kelvin this week) came third in this one, again using JJ to get most of his points.

This week's results showed that having a zombie team is no handicap. Clearly it can be quite productive! In fact it's the second time in 5 games that a zombie team has won.

The zombie teams this week were Next Waiting, DogBites and Acwmr. (And maybe Fossie 32 who requested the same 5.)

View attachment 960796

All in all there were some spectacular successes and flops this week. It demonstrates that under this format it's still possible to gain a substantial break on the others in any given week. This was best illustrated by BEaston who made up 142 points on the previous leader Kermit and is now 70 points clear at the top.

Here's the Pieman Mk II leaderboard after Rd 17:

View attachment 960805
🤣. I feel a bit silly now. Please beer in mind DW that I had consumed a quite considerable quantity of the amber gold at the time of bitching and hadn't recognised/realised my own genius....🤣

s**t! Robbed of a Kelvin by a total fluke !!!

Caleb kicks his only goal for the year and NW has him tripled up in a zombie team!!! Wowsers.

Have to say, I'm enjoying this format a lot more than the standard Pieman. Just feel that having a new team each week keeps it much more interesting knowing you have all your players active that week.

Can you get somebody else to join so I can be 16th?
Lol they’d be giving you a 237 point start. It’s a hard comp to tank in, especially that much.

I suppose I could put a phantom team in with randomised picks but it would be embarrassing if it won.

so I was one Suckling goal from a kelvin and joining BEaston at the top and that's after a zero in Rd 14

liking the concept

although perhaps I should have ignored your reminder dogwatch and stuck with last weeks team - assuming I would have received Naughton sub for Hayes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so I was one Suckling goal from a kelvin and joining BEaston at the top and that's after a zero in Rd 14

liking the concept

although perhaps I should have ignored your reminder dogwatch and stuck with last weeks team - assuming I would have received Naughton sub for Hayes
Under the trial rules the sub you get is the player with the lowest handicap this week as long as he isn't already in your team.

If two or more players are equal on lowest handicap, the tiebreaker is the player with the lowest regular jumper number (although I'm thinking maybe it should be the player who has kicked most goals for the season and only use jumper number as a second level tiebreaker).

As you already had Wallis in your team from last week you would have got Naughton. A quick bit of mental arithmetic ... I think you'd have ended up with 159 points which would have put you in second place this week.

A zombie quinella would have really had BEaston grinding his teeth!

sh*t! Robbed of a Kelvin by a total fluke !!!

Caleb kicks his only goal for the year and NW has him tripled up in a zombie team!!! Wowsers.

Have to say, I'm enjoying this format a lot more than the standard Pieman. Just feel that having a new team each week keeps it much more interesting knowing you have all your players active that week.
I feel your pain 🤣

Last edited:
Lol they’d be giving you a 237 point start. It’s a hard comp to tank in, especially that much.

I suppose I could put a phantom team in with randomised picks but it would be embarrassing if it won.
Zis is Bulldogs BigFooty ..... vee don't 'Accept mediocrity' here

1600053792943.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back