Competitions Pieman Round 9 vs Geelong (post your bankers here)

Remove this Banner Ad

I kept forgetting to fire up this week's Pieman thread. Apologies, but it's been a week of distractions - footy and otherwise. Topped off by Tom Boyd's retirement.

Anyway, if you want a Pieman banker (and it must be someone in your Pieman team) make sure you post your nomination here before match start time, scheduled for 4:35pm this Saturday.

IN CASE YOU HADN'T NOTICED ... THERE'S A FEDERAL ELECTION THIS WEEKEND
And don't forget to vote first. I wouldn't want you to miss any of the game.
Or cop a fine for not voting.
"But I was watching the footy, your honour, and we were finally beating those smug pussycats on their own ground!"
"OK, good point. Appeal upheld. Next ...!"

MID-SEASON TRADE PERIOD
While nobody has Tom Boyd in their team and only one (Th3 DoG FaTh3R ) has fellow retiree Liam Picken, it's worth mentioning that the Pieman mid-season trade period begins on Monday 3rd June after our West Coast game and will run until start time for the re-match against Carlton on 15th June. A chance to refresh your team. New handicaps (applicable only to newly acquired players in your team) will be published on 3rd June in the Pieman trades thread.

A reminder of who's currently in your Pieman team:

1557991247517.png

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 9 vs GEELONG

Geelong's late run of goals was a disappointing end to a frustrating game but there were some promising signs as well. One of them was that we still managed to kick 13 goals even though we lost. The 11 different goalkickers and only two multiples meant there was a good spread of scores in the Pieman but no scores over 120. Maybe it's also because only three of us were prepared to risk a banker on a game at Kardinia Park. The rewards went to the brave this week.

Pieman Player of the Week
In a pretty close set of scores it was JJ who got the PPotW from Mitch Wallis.

1558245736483.png

Pieman Player of the Year
Aaron Naughton remains a clear leader for the year so far.

1558245939207.png

The KELVIN
It was fitting that in the week Tom Boyd announced his premature retirement from footy it was Boyd oh Boyd who snatched the Kelvin. It was also unusual in that he was running last in the Pieman - it gives hope to all us battlers that things can change suddenly. Even more remarkably, despite his win, Boyd oh Boyd is still last in the Pieman! The consistent lachy was a very close second. They showed the benefit of using their banker.
1558246762525.png

The PIEMAN
Our leader after 8 rounds TempletonTheRat managed another score over 100 this week but it wasn't enough to hold off lachy who is back in the lead by 7 points. dish licker remains third, 40 points back, but is being challenged by Curly5 . They're the only ones with 900 points after 9 rounds.

1558246828807.png

If only Schache could get back in the team 😁

After ending up with the wooden spoon last year being a prior pieman winner wanted to have a decent crack this year.

Whilst doing well is fun it is good to see a few genuine forwards starting to emerge. Hope by year end we have a few more even if it costs me thr pieman

If only Schache could get back in the team 😁

After ending up with the wooden spoon last year being a prior pieman winner wanted to have a decent crack this year.

Whilst doing well is fun it is good to see a few genuine forwards starting to emerge. Hope by year end we have a few more even if it costs me thr pieman
Nobody has won two Pieman comps yet lachy. Early days but could this be the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back