• Pierce

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Longer

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Marshall

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucks are more important than ever with the new 6 6 6 rule as there will be less players around the ball after a centre square ball up than previously. Unfortunately neither of those options would be in the top12 to 16 rucks in the AFL. Id ruck Acres.
How are there less players around the ball up now?

How are there less players around the ball up now?
Well only wings can line up on the centre square previously about 10 players lined up on the square so there should be more space for a few seconds. That will be the real difference in that rule. The forward lines will actually be more crowded

I think you are over-estimating how much thats going to effect it.

Besides, coaches are going to simply instruct rucks to cause another ball up if at all possible so they can then push players into the centre.

I think you are over-estimating how much thats going to effect it.

Besides, coaches are going to simply instruct rucks to cause another ball up if at all possible so they can then push players into the centre.

Don’t think it will have a huge effect but it certainly won’t help a side with poor rucks and poor mids. As for causing another ball up well the opposition will instruct the opposite.

I think Pierce gets the first crack at it. Big Billy just didn't do enough around the ground last year and has had enough time. So hopefully Pierce can run out there in round one and make that role his own.

As I have just posted on another thread, we are not giving Max King the credit he may deserve. At 204cm and maybe still growing that makes him the tallest player on our list except for big Sam. Maybe they can make a ruckman out of him. He would be sensational resting on the forward line.

As I have just posted on another thread, we are not giving Max King the credit he may deserve. At 204cm and maybe still growing that makes him the tallest player on our list except for big Sam. Maybe they can make a ruckman out of him. He would be sensational resting on the forward line.
If we play him as our main ruck then we should fold.

Oh great , yeah lets just bust the kid in half , so we used a top 4 pick for a ruck man , i dont think so Baz and next you will want to see Winx going over hurdles

Oh great , yeah lets just bust the kid in half , so we used a top 4 pick for a ruck man , i dont think so Baz and next you will want to see Winx going over hurdles
She could be a nice steeplechaser. Set her the grand national. She is better than crisp and won’t run into red rum

Don’t let King anywhere near the ruck. I’m hoping Longer or Pierce can make the spot their own but both need to improve significantly if we’re to be competitive this year.

At this point I don’t know which one has the higher ceiling. Maybe Marshall converts to a full time ruckman.

The ruck isn't the battlefield it used to be, but nah...not for a while.
Eventually he might be able to do a few taps while the main ruck is on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am looking well ahead. The main ruck would be big Sam.

One or two things to get right first. Like teach him to play footy.

Barry the chances of Sam playing are very low. The chances of Max spending time in the ruck are lower. Certainly not for a few years so the side will have changed a lot by then.

I am looking well ahead. The main ruck would be big Sam.

One or two things to get right first. Like teach him to play footy.

Yeah that could be quite important!:D

This.

We can't let Longer get anywhere near the first 22, he's epicly terrible

With no inside info whatsoever, pretty sure you’re going to be miserable come round 1.

Back