• Pierce

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Longer

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Marshall

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Am not much of a tactician but feel like the new 6-6-6 set up at centre bounces and reduced congestion around clearances will benefit a big tap ruckman.

If Longer can give us first use in a lot more space and we have the likes of Steven in there who can exploit the space and Billings’ accurate kicking etc....it could be a huge advantage for us. More beneficial I’d say than a ruck that can get some of the ball but we rarely get first use.

Your main ruckman needs to have a fair bit of kent about him as well. They need to intimidate the opposition midfield with physical presence (a few errant knees and elbows).

Pierce seems more that type. Longer is a big teddybear, Lewy looks at people with intensity like he's a few seconds of losing his s**t.

203cms and 104 kegs makes Lewy and interesting prospect if he can get his act together. I also think he has better skills than Billy but its going to come down to his determination to take his shot when he gets in this season (pretty sure even if we pick Longer first he'll buckle at some point).

Pierce seems more that type. Longer is a big teddybear, Lewy looks at people with intensity like he's a few seconds of losing his s**t.
You must be watching a different Lewis to me , i have yet to see any agro out of him , Mummy yes , Lewis No

I had hopes for Pierce but when you see what Marshall and players like OBrien yesterday can do, you understand both Pierce & Longer are spuds and a replacement plan needs to be put in place. Adelaide are meant to be keen on Grundy so lets make OBrien an offer her cant refuse. He is originally from Moonee Valley (Calder Cannons) and Im sure would love to move back.

I had hopes for Pierce but when you see what Marshall and players like OBrien yesterday can do, you understand both Pierce & Longer are spuds and a replacement plan needs to be put in place. Adelaide are meant to be keen on Grundy so lets make OBrien an offer her cant refuse. He is originally from Moonee Valley (Calder Cannons) and Im sure would love to move back.

Im happy with that - there needs to be an athletic forward/ruck guy to work alongside Marshall - pierce and longer both off the list next year for mine - is there a 200cm+ KPP running around on the fringe of a list who can be turned into a ruck ? Apparently Max king not keen on the ruck and may be a few years off the role anyway - FWIW I would be swapping next years first rounder for Ben king and getting him in as well maybe he is happier to ruck ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy with that - there needs to be an athletic forward/ruck guy to work alongside Marshall - pierce and longer both off the list next year for mine - is there a 200cm+ KPP running around on the fringe of a list who can be turned into a ruck ? Apparently Max king not keen on the ruck and may be a few years off the role anyway - FWIW I would be swapping next years first rounder for Ben king and getting him in as well maybe he is happier to ruck ?

Some taller players simply cant play in the ruck eg Carlilse. I dont know if either of the King boys have ever rucked and believe we are pretty well stocked for future key defenders. I would rather a young mobile potential dominant ruckman in OBrien or midfield quality.

As long as we don't do a "Barry Brooks" type trade. How long is Peter Wright contracted to the Gold Coast for?

Hickey had a big game. Ironically when we had Marshall unavailable.

Yes the only one he has played this year , played against Stanley enough said .

Ask West Coast supporters been awful most of the year , the problem with both Hickey & Stanley

Very inconsistent & exposed by physical ruckman .

Pierce is worth positing with has shown more then Longer & has shown a tendency to follow up his own ruck work as well, will not cost us much on our list & we still need a back up regardless of who it is.

I remember when most posters didn't want Lycette how's he going know.

Marshall & Winx combo ruck / fwd.
New thread needed.

No thank you .

Marshall & Ben King more like it.

Actually think it’s good that Jack Martin hasn’t played well lowers his trade value.

So what is this thread about? Which one we keep on the rookie list at the end of the year, in case of emergency.
Right now we have Marshall, Longer, Pierce....................Alabakis ( who might get a game in 2021 if he turns out to be any good. ).

Unfortunately rucking is an area, where the state level contests ( 25 YO Darcy Fort , for example was taken last draft ) , basketballers, even USA rookies have been looked at. .
( Has anyone been kicked out of the NBA for being too aggressive :D )?

We could potentially get someone in the Mid-Year rookie draft , (( https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-15/west-australian-draft-bolter-could-fill-crows-tall-order )), but its hard to see them being significantly better than Longer or Pierce in the short term.

There are likely to be some decent inside mids around in the draft and I'd hate to see us to take a Ruck with our first, so anyone we get in the draft is likely to be a development prospect as well.

Ask West Coast supporters been awful most of the year , the problem with both Hickey & Stanley

I remember him being physically ragdolled by Bellchambers.

He’s been inconsistent but it wasn’t his only good game.

Back