Review Pies 112-71 Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

There are 5 in the bottom 4 . Varcoe was his usual hard running , pressuring, low disposal game but bobbed up a few times to score. I wouldn't put him as worst.
Don't look at the stat sheet to decide how well Varcoe performed-he rarely gets double figures. I still have him in our best 22 . His attack on the pill and energy whenever the ball is in his vicinity is immeasurable. He was fantastic yesterday.

There are 5 in the bottom 4 . Varcoe was his usual hard running , pressuring, low disposal game but bobbed up a few times to score. I wouldn't put him as worst.

Staggered someone did - Varcoe influenced a number of contests that led to goals.

I'd like to see all 3 play forward. Mihocek is only 192cm and is pretty quick and seems to be good runner. Playing all 3 forward will allow us to play degoey more in the midfield.
F De Goey(50/50 Fwd-Mid)Cox Reid
HF Elliot Mihocek Stephenson
Scare the **** out of most defences.

I'd encapsulate the last 2 weeks as such:

You can keep Collingwood down some of the time, but some of their better players will rise and get them over the line eventually.

I guess that's what good sides do.

I don't subscribe to the notion that we're keeping some awesomeness in reserve and saving our best for the business end of the year; instead I see each game as a stand-alone challenge and we're lucky that our side has enough cohesion, talent, to rise for each one.

Each win brings will and self belief.

Its anyone's between Pies Cats Tigers Eagles Giants imo.

I agree but didn't feel the need to roll out all the names.

Our recent losing record against West Coast and Geelong gives me more cause for concern while interstate teams are likely to fill 2 of the top 4 spots so finishing top 2 is our goal from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any information on what Langdon's injury actually is?

I'd encapsulate the last 2 weeks as such:

You can keep Collingwood down some of the time, but some of their better players will rise and get them over the line eventually.

I guess that's what good sides do.

I don't subscribe to the notion that we're keeping some awesomeness in reserve and saving our best for the business end of the year; instead I see each game as a stand-alone challenge and we're lucky that our side has enough cohesion, talent, to rise for each one.

Each win brings will and self belief.
You also have to factor in that in the last two games we have played young and inexperienced sides who have run out of puff by the last quarter.

Brown may have had 33PAs, but JMac had 34 IPAs.

Quiet day for Jmac.
Sier is not critical. I'm really tired of this board talking up this mediocre midfield like he's the 2nd coming of Dane Swan, if buckley didnt even pick him for JLT games then all he is at the moment is depth.

Umm, Sier was injured in the practice match before the JLT and unavailable for selection.

It perplexes me how people say they see absolutely nothing in Aish. I have to question whether you watch the games that carefully??
He is excellent in the contest. Rarely gets beaten. In fact his Oppoonent is often invisible. His spoils are a thing of beauty, go long & far, and clear the danger.

Leaves a bit to be desired with his disposal, but think that will come with confidence and when he feels comfortable

I remember Aish winning a Big 1v1 when he got a Free for Tripping

I thought Aish was excellent defensively yesterday, still a bit frustrating with the ball in hand but some of his spoils were important.

He had a Few Friends with that too

While I can understand us being acknowledged as one of the better teams in the competition I kind of feel Hudson and Russell have purposely started to sell a narrative of us being the team to beat for the premiership these last two weeks and it's been done in a disingenuous manner.

Why would they do this?

Well the old adage of the bigger they are the harder they fall comes to mind and they can sell that during the season and celebrate any defeat of ours as one for the underdogs. Makes great television for all the Collingwood haters which includes both of them.

The end game is the hope that if they repeat it enough that people will start to believe this is actually the internal view of the club and perpetrate the belief that we as a supporter group are full of hubris.

Hudson in particular is the most biased piece of s**t when it comes to Collingwood and would love nothing more than to build us up with faint praise only to see us fall. You could hear it in his voice last week just how shattered he was that Carlton didn't cause the upset.

Personally and despite being biased towards Collingwood I would have Geelong ahead of us after 9 rounds as they've been the more consistent team within games while until we actually find a way to beat this current West Coast squad we remain behind them also.

Interesting that both have an infinity for the side currently sitting a game clear on top of the ladder and yet it's us who are supposedly the clear standouts.

Pull the other way.
I think you are boxing at shadows here. Russell and Hudson are talking us up as the team to beat for the flag, because we're the team to beat for the flag. Cats have been more consistent, but we've shown off gears that they can only dream about.

I think you are boxing at shadows here. Russell and Hudson are talking us up as the team to beat for the flag, because we're the team to beat for the flag. Cats have been more consistent, but we've shown off gears that they can only dream about.
God I hope you're right, I think Dangerfield Ablett Selwood Hawkins Kelly and I can't sleep at night.

God I hope you're right, I think Dangerfield Ablett Selwood Hawkins Kelly and I can't sleep at night.
Their stars certainly are stars. They don't bat as deep as us though. I'm not saying we'll win, but if i was framing the betting market, we'd be the shortest priced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back