Analysis Pies back SSM - right or wrong?

Should the club stay out of politics - the SSM vote?

• Yes - focus on footy

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • No - its the right thing to do

Votes: 92 48.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 25 13.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribalism is completely illogical and only exists because early humans were extremely stupid and then the next generation gets brainwashed as children.

How interesting an opinion, except you can exhibit tribalism in many animals, however no animals display signs of religion. One is a natural phenomenon designed to keep our species safe, the other is a tool designed to keep the peasants fearful and under control.

I'm sorry that telling you believing in magic and sky wizards is silly, how ridiculous of me.

How interesting an opinion, except you can exhibit tribalism in many animals, however no animals display signs of religion. One is a natural phenomenon designed to keep our species safe, the other is a tool designed to keep the peasants fearful and under control.

I'm sorry that telling you believing in magic and sky wizards is silly, how ridiculous of me.

1. Logic and nature aren't the same thing.

2. Your posts are the ironic manifestation of the theory that righteous faith has merely switched beliefs rather than becoming more open-minded and accepting.

3. 'Sky Wizards' is right up there with some of Dictaphones vile terminology.

Implying that faith is illogical and not a basic part of the human psyche :rolleyes:.
It may be part of the human psyche I suppose. Certainly every culture has worshipped supernatural beings, but initially it made a lot of sense. Without science, early humans were trying to make sense of the world. Perhaps we are wired to want to believe in something supernatural.
As to religion being illogical, well it clearly is. It's inherently irrational and illogical.

It may be part of the human psyche I suppose. Certainly every culture has worshipped supernatural beings, but initially it made a lot of sense. Without science, early humans were trying to make sense of the world. Perhaps we are wired to want to believe in something supernatural.
As to religion being illogical, well it clearly is. It's inherently irrational and illogical.

I agree with all of that. I'm just suggesting that many wonderful things in the world are illogical - eg. caring if the team in black and white manage to kick the strange shaped ball through the two taller posts. It's a bit rich for a bunch of hard core supporters to be ridiculing illogical beliefs or pursuits.

There are certain structures in the human psyche lacking in animals, we all get a kick out of the hero archetype every week watching our beloved Pies and usually end up marrying someone just like our mother/father thanks to the wise old woman/man archetype... and yes a supreme being seems to be one of the archetypes as well... but maybe this simulation was just programmed that way ;)

Science doesn't tell you to better yourself as a person so it's still has a place.

Hi all, sorry about what you've had to endure here.
Ordinarily we warn a poster before suspending them, which was done by the way - then I found more posts.
We don't need his type, :mad: :mad: so I've gone out on a limb and banned him permanently.

FYI Chief Magpie Girl Vicky Park Gone Critical 76woodenspooners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, sorry about what you've had to endure here.
Ordinarily we warn a poster before suspending them, which was done by the way - then I found more posts.
We don't need his type, :mad: :mad: so I've gone out on a limb and banned him permanently.

FYI Chief Magpie Girl Vicky Park Gone Critical 76woodenspooners
We wear big boy pants here Anzac.
As disgusting as it was, it won't change my mind about the issue.
And it won't change my mind that the majority of no voters are decent people.

How good is this?
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/ian-r...for-macklemores-nrl-show-20171001-gys8gk.html
And how good is Roberts reply to the question "What did you make of that"?
His reply says it all.

Yep, it is that simple in a way. You are not alone, and you are not the problem.

People have no idea how much it can matter to hear that loud and clear when all you seem to hear is the opposite.

You are not alone, and you are not the problem. It really does save lives. It would have mattered to 16 year old me back then. It matters to the guys and gals who are there now.

I am sorry if some people who are on the no side have felt somehow confronted by our club takintg the stand they have.

But maybe, just maybe, you should be confronted. And maybe its not all about you.

Last edited:
Not many days to go now.
And it’s a knife edge.
By all reports, the under 35’s are not handing in their envelopes.
This is a problem for the yes vote as the under 35’s are more likely to be in that corner.

really any links for that? i think it is going to be a whitewash to YES

Not many days to go now.
And it’s a knife edge.
By all reports, the under 35’s are not handing in their envelopes.
This is a problem for the yes vote as the under 35’s are more likely to be in that corner.
Because they were all having sex and forgot to vote, it's one of life's little ironies

There are no genitals in the supercloud.

As the singularity (artificial intelligence surpassing human intelligence) approaches (around 2045) and simulations/virtual reality become indistinguishable from physical reality we will merge with AI and upload our consciousness to a simulation/supercloud and exist in a perfect reality where we live forever millions of times smarter than we are now with unimaginable power/tech.

In short we are becoming gods and building our own heaven to live in eternally and won't need genders... at least that's what most scientists believe our fate is in around 30 years.

Incidentally that's why SETI keeps hearing the great silence and will never discover alien life, once a civilization reachs a certain level of tech it simply moves beyond needing a physical form... we keep looking in outer space and they've all uploaded themselves to inner space. God imagine being stuck in social media for all eternity, you'd be begging for good old fashioned death.

I see you have watched Black Mirror

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back