Autopsy Pies beat the Cats, into the Preliminary Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done you lot. Already missing 7 of your best 22 and losing even more during the game. You showed us absolute fu**in pretenders how to play finals football. I'm glad you won for that absolute champion Pendlebury. Sidebottom was enormous. Please eliminate Richmond again. Enjoy the win you lot! Redemption 2019.

As much as I'm over the Cats being up in finals contention, I wish your team all the best against WCE next week. Not sure you'll do the same demolition job you did down in Geelong but I hope you can knock them out of the finals before they do too much damage!

Great win played excellent hard footy for most of it, not liking the last quarter icing the clock with 20 mins to go and no attacking at all. Those tactics allowed Geelong to just continually pump it in eventually they break through so many teams in the past who have done similar have lost.
I get why they did with limited rotations bit think they did it too early in the quarter.

Hope they play the game out offensively in PF or GF if we are up by 24 at the start of the last and not look to just defend and ice the clock.

Fingers and toes all crossed for De Goey and Greenwood!

I thought Wills was amazing. His work in close was the difference. He just locks the ball in.
Nobel was the other one that really impressed. Took the game on and took some risks.

The last quarter was rough as we didn't score but the defensive work was great.

Good effort rom the boys - made hard work of what could have been an easier win but we still banked the 4 points.

Next couple of home games are must wins against beatable opposition - need to be on top of our game and taking our chances when they present themselves to give ourselves the best chance of taking the chocolates in both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow! That was seriously tense. I just love this group so much, the grit and heart that we showed late with two men down was unbelievable. We were the far better side on the night, but it was the 1%ers that got us over the line in the last quarter.

Adams was unbelievably good, Wills was vital in forcing stoppages and preventing easy clearances from them, Moore and Howe so good down back, Sidebottom and Phillips seemed to run harder than anyone else to provide options all night, Elliott is in ripping form and is making us look fine without De Goey..... and our bloody captain.... what a man.

What a group of players we’ve got, I’m feeling so proud and can’t wait to see how we go in a fortnight. Fingers crossed for Levi and Jordy.

Fantastic win. Two down the whole second half and still came home with the chocolates. Howe great, Moore nothing short of brilliant that last quarter. Pendles in that first half was like his younger self, congrats to him on his 300th, one of the best Pies of all time.

Also lost the contested possession count and still won, so Geelong are 1-16 now when they have won that count.

On a side note, watching the cricket and Warnie has mentioned our win on air and gave a shout out to Eddie. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back