Autopsy Pies beat the Cats, into the Preliminary Final!

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Scott is fool.
Brownless (a Geel insider) made the point Stanley was never playing due to no match up for Blicavs - ie Taylor would take our only tall Mihocheck.
So the weather excuse is BS given the forecast is updated every hour.
Even I could see the radar was showing little ran was likely, when I checked 1 hour before the game.

So Scott did not lose the game because he can’t interpret a weather forecast as he is trying to suggest.
He picked his best team and lost.

Whether its the bye, finals record, Home final, weather - SCOTT is a master at engaging on issues he can’t control. Long may it continue because it makes him a poor coach.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
They had no answers to our first half led by Taylor Adams manic attack and also his run line breaking when in space. Stanley wouldnt have changed anything.

Nobody was going to beat Grundy but Geelongs structure was all wrong with Stanley out of the side. On top of that theres no evidence that Grundy is any less effective in the wet, which was the excuse Scott used for the late change.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Scott is fool.
Brownless (a Geel insider) made the point Stanley was never playing due to no match up for Blicavs - ie Taylor would take our only tall Mihocheck.
Even I could see the radar was showing little ran was likely, when I checked 1 hour before the game.

So Scott did not lose the game because he can’t interpret a weather forecast as he is trying to suggest.

Whether its the bye, finals record, Home final, weather - SCOTT is a master at engaging on issues he can’t control. Long may it continue because it makes him a poor coach.

He was too busy trying to make sure the Cats were wearing dark shorts to have any time for strategy.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Scott is fool.

Not sure it would have changed that much anyway
It might have made their back line way too top heavy....so they would still have had a problem

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
It might have made their back line way too top heavy....so they would still have had a problem

That’s exactly correct it would have made them top heavy - which makes Brownless’ comment even more credible - that Stanley was never playing, regardless of forecast.

Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone can replicate defensive kpis if focussed on it. Better players can be defensively good whilst also having clean hands or power to break a tackle.
Yes, Rupert Wills isn't Patrick Dangerfield. We all agree on that much. Wills has been a huge contributor for us along with Tay Adams in recent weeks and part of the reason that our form and clearance work has improved. Not our best player, not our silkiest, but valuable strength, tackling and desire.

Scott is fool.

He could have left Taylor out under those circumstances. Would have made more sense. I suspect the plan was for Blicavs to run Grundy into the ground.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

If that was the concern surely the decision should have been to drop Taylor or Henry. Leave Stanley in the ruck and Blicavs down back. Bring in Menagola for a tall defender instead. I must say I was worried when Blicavs lined up on Grundy, I thought Blicavs would hurt us around the ground. In retrospect Stanley should have played especially considering how well he did against Grundy in round 1.

NeverWobble

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nobody was going to beat Grundy but Geelongs structure was all wrong with Stanley out of the side. On top of that theres no evidence that Grundy is any less effective in the wet, which was the excuse Scott used for the late change.
Agree Timmy. I was surprised they dropped Stanley and not Ratogulea given the conditions. Seems a very limited footballer to my eyes. My confidence went up significantly when they made that call. Happy they chose that path.

No, I don’t know the way it works. Are you suggesting they would have been unhappy with his post?
If it’s as you described, it likely would have broken site rules. The mods can delete posts and reprimand posters as they see fit without you ever knowing.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If it’s as you described, it likely would have broken site rules. The mods can delete posts and reprimand posters as they see fit without you ever knowing.
It was a trigger happy Cat mod that issued an infraction for a harmless retort to a foul mouthed Cat BF member. I’m just unhappy about it in principle because it didn’t warrant a warning let alone an infraction imo.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It was a trigger happy Cat mod that issued an infraction for a harmless retort to a foul mouthed Cat BF member. I’m just unhappy about it in principle because it didn’t warrant a warning let alone an infraction imo.

Was it on the Cats board?

Nothing King said was wrong though. Scott pulled a selection move to make himself to be the hero, rather than trust his players.

So as Usual he just saying something we all already knew

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was it on the Cats board?
Yes. I asked a Cats mod a sincere question and a Cats BF member went on a foul mouthed rant at me. All I said back was “you really are a pussy” as a harmless throwaway line referring to cats/pussy/Geelong you know. I can’t see I have any points against my profile though so maybe it was only a warning. I always use an iPhone for BigFooty.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yes. I asked a Cats mod a sincere question and a Cats BF member went on a foul mouthed rant at me. All I said back was “you really are a pussy” as a harmless throwaway line referring to cats/pussy/Geelong you know. I can’t see I have any points against my profile though so maybe it was only a warning. I always use an iPhone for BigFooty.

When you're on an opposition board you need to tread more carefully. It's their home board and they won't put up with much. Any kind of abuse is against any boards guidelines, and although you were goaded into it, they won't usually consider that when dealing the infraction. All they see is an opposition poster being abusive and they'll act. It's just one of those things on BigFooty. Home boards will always be moderated to make them a safe/fun place for their fans. Our boards no different although we tend to more tolerant than most.

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not that I elect to defer to Mark Robinson all that often, but he notes that the Pies 'pressure rating' was off the charts early in the game and across the game our highest for quite a few years. Rupert Wills leading that. Wills has been fantastic in the past few weeks - No 1 in the competition on that measure.
And there we go. That sort of pressure wins football games.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, classic David King. We didn't play well at all and were only lucky to make it out of there due to Chris Scott's antics.
Don’t know what the tubby said but he never is nice

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
When you're on an opposition board you need to tread more carefully. It's their home board and they won't put up with much. Any kind of abuse is against any boards guidelines, and although you were goaded into it, they won't usually consider that when dealing the infraction. All they see is an opposition poster being abusive and they'll act. It's just one of those things on BigFooty. Home boards will always be moderated to make them a safe/fun place for their fans. Our boards no different although we tend to more tolerant than most.
Thanks mate. I will stay at home now on our board.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
When an opposition board has a thread set up SPECIFICALLY to mock posters on their own boards it has nothing to do with protecting their own space.

It's a blatant breach of common decency and a deliberate attempt to provoke.

They are still slime balls in my view.

It was on their board. You should know better than to bite if you’re posting on an opposition board. Report it and move on.

Back