Review Pies cause a blackout! (Pies 108-69 Port)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I, like most here probably were, felt very frustrated in the second quarter until half time, but I could tell how much more effort Port were putting in. They were all or nothing.

Once they fell away again, the bloody cooled a little! I can handle winning "ugly" like this. When I say ugly I only refer to missing easy shots.

If you told me pregame we'd win by 39 I'd take it and run.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
oh and if you had told me at the start of the night we would win by 39 I would of taken it any day.

This. Just for some perspective. Good win against a side in pretty good nick & sitting in 5th position before tonight.
Goal kicking coaching, not just practice is a must.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ColinMochrie

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Happy with the game, great win against another finals contender. Great to really pretty much seal the win in the first quarter, soak up everything Port had and then get the game back on our terms.

Was going to write more but Kyrons father has wrecked me a little bit. Puts things in perspective. I am going to enjoy the wins and live in the moment.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
My old man taught me an important lesson when I was young.
"The only thing better than beating Carlton by 100 points... is beating Carlton by 1 point".

Any win is glorious. Prior to this game we were all calling this a 50/50 game. To win by over 6 goals is amazing.

Solid win. Shame about Adams but not a bad time to miss a few. Should be able to really consolidate our position now with softer games coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back