Review Pies cause a blackout! (Pies 108-69 Port)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have in yes, and made him fit though he was a ruck more for us.

He’s a far superior player in my view, overall than Travis.
Travis was high level, at one stage as good a contested mark as you’d see, but overall David was fantastic in my view.

Just a personal preference.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've seen A. Shaw but not A. Francis. I'm pretty sure he's just a Tony.
This is a great query.

For numerous years I believed his actual given name was Tony.
But, such that it is, Wikipedia has him as Anthony so I’ve amended my years of using “T” but n that basis.

But you are very observant.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Listen to my granny talk about Des Tuddenham as a young buck, that was after she had seen a lot of footy... lol.
Fantastic player. He left Just before I can remember him clearly.

One of his sons was born the same day he was sacked.

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have in yes, and made him fit though he was a ruck more for us.

He’s a far superior player in my view, overall than Travis.
Travis was high level, at one stage as good a contested mark as you’d see, but overall David was fantastic in my view.

Just a personal preference.
Good stuff,
I was not necessarily opting for Travis but your choice in David surprised me a bit. Can remember him as a lion hearted trier, not the greatest kick I have witnessed. Great team though.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
My granny saw Gordon Coventry playing in the flesh, and she is still going...
That’s outstanding.
Or should I say that’s nuts.

Lycett has risen to my most hated player after last night. He tagged Grundy. The amount of dirty punches and constant niggled directed to Grundy. Really annoyed me.
Disappointed the boys didn’t stand up for Grundy.
Grundy got the chocolates, but he’ll be an extremely sore boy.

Did that in the GF and that big Reason why Eagles Pipped us. Took Grundy's Influence out of the Game

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fantastic player. He left Just before I can remember him clearly.

One of his sons was born the same day he was sacked.

I don't remember the exact details but my granny is a distant relation of Frank Bluey Adams from Melbourne and got a jumper swap with Des Tuddenham so she is now in possession of an original game worn Des Tuddenham jumper... hoping I inherit it lol.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
She's 94 so I guess one of the few left that actually saw him in the flesh as a little girl...
That’s nuts*

She’d be say 10 or so where she’d see him in his last couple of years and he was terrific all the way through.

* word “nuts”used as Gordon Coventry was known as Nuts. (For young players at home.)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't remember the exact details but my granny is a distant relation of Frank Bluey Adams from Melbourne and got a jumper swap with Des Tuddenham so she is now in possession of an original game worn Des Tuddenham jumper... hoping I inherit it lol.
That’s wonderful.
Be a nice way to remember her many years from now when she leaves as we all do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s wonderful.
Be a nice way to remember her many years from now when she leaves as we all do.

She's the maddest Collingwood supporter out, never got into the internet though but catches every game either on TV or the radio. She can talk equally about today's players or from the 1930's and 1940's, it is nuts lol.

Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reid was great.

The thing with Cox is that he can take a big mark down the line when needed and is a better relief ruckman.

Things went well for us last night, can Reid be relied upon when we are having an average day?

Roughy/Darcy are teaming well, but is there space for Reid to be a back up KPD?
Cox will take you a big pack mark, in a big moment.

Ben Reid, not so much.

I’m feeling very jolly so I’ll see if I can take my top 5 seen by me and add 5 for a top 10 seen by me:

Len Thompson
Phil Carman
Peter Daicos
Nathan Buckley
Scott Pendlebury
Peter Moore
Gavin Brown
Dane Swan
Darren Millane
Wayne Richardson

Collingwood ~ The Best of my viewing and remembering them clearly

B. S Burns ~ B Reid ~ S Morwood
HB. J Clement ~ W Picken ~ G Brown
C. W Richardson ~ N Buckley (c) ~ S Sidebottom
HF. P Carman ~ D Cloke ~ D Millane
F. P Daicos ~ P Moore~ J De Goey
R. L Thompson ~ S Pendlebury ~ D Swan
I. B Grundy ~ M Williams ~ A Treloar ~ A Shaw
C. L Matthews

E. A Didak, G Raines, H Shaw, A Francis

Are you going father over son at CHF? I was pretty young, but my memory of David was that he disappointed up forward for us, but did well as an undersized ruck.

Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
When asked about playing Cox and Reid in the forward line Bucks noted Mihocek’s mobility. Don’t think Mihocek gets dropped for Reid at any stage but suggests they might be open to trying all three at some stage.
Whilst Reidy had a great game, to me he looks nervous as hell when taking set shots inside 50m. Not so much a worry when we are dominating but unless he improves his set shots it could be demoralising in a closer contest. Reminded me of Travis Cloke a bit last night.
I have no such worries with Cox or Mihocek inside 50m.

No such worries with Cox's ability to kick goals from inside 50? Is this because you have zero expectations of him, having watched him play in the past couple of years?

Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Curiously, Malthouse reckons we’re the only team in the frame for this year’s Premiership. He sees WC as having dropped back, and considers us to be much better than Geelong (hmmm, despite them beating us round 1!)
While giving respect to what Geelong have achieved thus far this year, including a demonstrable win against the Eagles, we outplayed them and made a tonne of uncustomary errors in round 1, having gone in with a number of underdone players like Howe, Crisp and injured Grundy. We were clearly the better side that night for most of the game.

NeverWobble

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
No such worries with Cox's ability to kick goals from inside 50? Is this because you have zero expectations of him, having watched him play in the past couple of years?
I guess my expectations of forwards are simply that they kick more goals than behinds. At the moment I have more confidence in Cox than Reid to do this.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
That be nothing Special how **** they been

You're always going to be dissatisfied with the umps if you go into the game expecting perfection and consistency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back