Review Pies defeat Dees (98-57)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adams especially is a vital cog who gives us true presence in and under.

You know the old saying about May champions?

We are on the Cats 2011 trajectory - if all goes well from here injury wise we should be cherry ripe heading into the finals then we shall see who is the best side when all the chips are on the table.

We'd need to beat the Cats convincingly if we play them again to claim to be on that similar path of their 2011. We were the most dominant team in 2011 except when playing them.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
We have a lot of improvement in us, but that's ok because we have half a year to tidy up some key areas.

Going into the bye at 9-3 is a dream and we are very well placed.

Really buoyed by WHE's game because he is one I've had in the firing line in the last few weeks. If he plays like that, then he is the cherry on top of a very potent forward line.

Loved Sier's first game back. Reckon he is exactly what we are missing. When Adam's re-joins, I expect our clearance issues to be resolved.

Also, I finally see why Cox is ahead of Reid. It's not so much what Cox does, but the fact that the smaller forwards play better when he is there. Cox draws defenders in a way that Reid does not. He may not be as mobile and may not get as much of the ball. But he does ensure our smaller forwards have space. Our forward line looked good.

yeah that rule is disgraceful they actually also penalised Tom Mcdonald for using his knee in the marking contest later in the game too.

Game sanitised enough without taking the speccy or attempts of it out of the game.
I’m pretty sure they penalised McDonald because they deemed it an unrealistic attempt. The Howe one was disgraceful though.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m pretty sure they penalised McDonald because they deemed it an unrealistic attempt. The Howe one was disgraceful though.

Nope, the umpire said "push in the back with his knee" when he paid it audible on TV.

Further to that BT had it clarified that the rule is now able to be enforced for any marking contact if deemed possible to cause harm, not just frontal in the face that the rule was intended for.

Nope, the umpire said "push in the back with his knee" when he paid it audible on TV.

Further to that BT had it clarified that the rule is now able to be enforced for any marking contact if deemed possible to cause harm, not just frontal in the face that the rule was intended for.
I’ll have to watch the replay, but I was sure the umpire said that it was an unrealistic attempt at the mark and therefore a push in the back with the knee.
Also, the rule was actually posted earlier in the thread, and it specifically refers to using boot studs in a manner likely to cause harm, not with knees etc.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
bit fo fun and great sentiment. Unfortunately medical research is mostly a pile of profiteering bs so nothing will come of all the millions.

Really? And here I was thinking all the great medical advances of the modern era were based on medical research. Silly me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to take my 6yr old "adhd" (gee arent they all now since the ndis gravy train rolled into town 🙄) neice to the gold coast game, my brother decided that was the best and safest game for her to go to for her first real live AFL game to watch. Against my protestations and advice for precisely the reasons youve said above that kept your nephew interested enough not to chuck a wobbly...either its going to be a raging success if we demolish the suns, or we'll probably get kicked out by security. Theyre very trigger happy these days
The reason he was sort of uninterested was my fault really, I decided to eat there 2 and a half hours before the actual game just so I could get a car park lol.

If we would’ve just got to the ground half an hour before he probably would’ve been fine, but I’m a very regimented person haha.

5 years old and only his first game. Discraceful.
Yeah I know, but I took him when he was two, but sort of defeated the purpose really. At least yesterday he was old enough to establish numbers and know how to kick a goal even if he had no idea what was happening leading up to it lol.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have to take my 6yr old "adhd" (gee arent they all now since the ndis gravy train rolled into town 🙄) neice to the gold coast game, my brother decided that was the best and safest game for her to go to for her first real live AFL game to watch. Against my protestations and advice for precisely the reasons youve said above that kept your nephew interested enough not to chuck a wobbly...either its going to be a raging success if we demolish the suns, or we'll probably get kicked out by security. Theyre very trigger happy these days

I think you'll find the ADHD epidemic escalated well before the NDIS came to be.

I think you'll find the ADHD epidemic escalated well before the NDIS came to be.
Yep, late nineties, very early 00, just after the Aspergers became popular with the doctors.
For others on here not knocking any of them as l have a daughter in one of the categories

No, it’s not unreadable.
Instead of arguing with him maybe take the constructive critcism on board, because he’s absolutely right. I can’t read your posts at all, I have to just scroll past the massive wall of text if I want to avoid a headache.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back