Analysis Pies defeat Eagles (91-72)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort to rally when challenged!

Liked the games of Moore (pre injury), Aish, Wills and Smith!

Nice to see the engine room working hard too. All class when they're up and about!

Was a good win, the effort and determination and the ability to win the ball can't be faulted, its disposal of the ball and structures that let us down occasionally.

We have now beaten 3 sides in the top 8 this year. If we are on, we have shown we are good enough in my opinion.

Shame Darcy Moore went off injured, 5 contested marks and 3 goals in 1 and a half qtrs of footy, would of loved him to play the full game and kick a bag.

Who knows maybe if we can finish the year off like this next year may be a good one after all

Positives:

• Tackling pressure
  • Adams
  • Pendles
  • Treloar
  • Aish's best game I've seen him play
  • Grundy
  • Smith
  • Darcy Moore's 1st half
  • Maynard's redemption

Negatives:

• Poor foot skills by several players
  • Poor defensive structures leaking easy goals
  • Cloke crap as usual
  • Howe
  • De Goey struggling

Josh Smith is having one hell of a debut season for Collingwood. He will win the Pies best first year player award and a top 10 finish in the best & fairest award as well. Another super game from him today

28 disposals - 7 marks - 7 tackles - 4 rebound 50s - 82% disposal efficiency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win.
Nice win.
We do ok at times.

That's 3 top 8 teams beaten and a 4th let off the hook when having to play without a bench for a quarter and a half. What a waste of a year!!

Aish, Smith, Wills, Grundy, Maynard, Moore thanks for the hope. Siddey, Treloar, Pendles guns.

Cloke - thanks for the memories, the premiership and an amazing year in 2011. When we have an injury and kids stand up instead of you, then its time to put us out of our misery and just get your dad to find you somewhere else.

Delivered pretty much exactly what I felt like we were capable of. It was a bit scratchy but I'm pleased that we responded well to West Coast's challenge in the third.

Nice to see Pendles, Adams, Treloar and Sidey all contribute, and to have Aish, Wills, Crisp all play their roles went a long way.

Forward line still seems a bit disfunctional, but hey, we won, so I don't care right now.

Josh Smith is having one hell of a debut season for Collingwood. He will win the Pies best first year player award and a top 10 finish in the best & fairest award as well. Another super game from him today

28 disposals - 7 marks - 7 tackles - 4 rebound 50s - 82% disposal efficiency
Its his vision, he spots others in the clear
He is a very good pick up

is cloke finished or is our delivery to him that bad? he doesn't even look that interested, shame as i'm a big fan of his work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back