Toast Pies dominate Dogs (86-34)

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowing our luck we will be flying and then the season will be cancelled .....FFS

Josh Thomas....i was hating on him but his roveoff the pack for a Daicos goal I think was sublime.

Clearly will never have a 2018 season however

Don’t have stats to back this up however it’s felt like over the last couple of years that we tend to fall asleep at the end of quarters. This 16 mins quarters may be the single biggest advantage of this season

I feel like Bucks alluded to this in the post match press conference, albeit moreso saying we can likely sustain our contested ball for the entire quarter.

Easy to say after a win. Hopefully see how it stacks up next Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Josh Thomas was also really good with taps and pressure at the fall of the ball. Disappointed he didn't snag a goal for his efforts.
His positioning when the bulldogs had the ball was first class (as was most of the team, even DeGoey), he shut down the easy out and got to the fall of the ball to impact the contest and provide an out number without actually getting the ball a lot of the time. He doesnt need many looks to hit the scoreboard + can be deadly from all angles but does need to hit the scoreboard. Cant see him going out.

Great game.
The one change that will improves us is the variability Grundy has added to his tap work.
I think his taps to advantage numbers will substantially improve this year.
His tap to JDG in the third qtr for a goal was sublime.
And rotating him forward more often (he could have kicked 3 last night ) is another change that will have oppositions struggling.

Watching the replay, realising how well coached we are. It’s impressive.
the players are highly aware of which opposition players ‘play’ for free kicks & this dictates how they apply the tackle/bump. Brilliant.

Knowing our luck we will be flying and then the season will be cancelled .....FFS
Josh Thomas....i was hating on him but his roveoff the pack for a Daicos goal I think was sublime.
Clearly will never have a 2018 season however
know exactly what you mean .... sigh x 100 - :(

just once, could the gods of bizareness shine on us? - I mean eventually the uiverse must turn

Did we get more frees (my god even Coxy got a couple) BECAUSE our crowd wasn't there giving the umpires some advice???

I actually thought it was a Well Umpired Game outside of a Few I thought we did not get the Rough Side of the Scumps like we normally do

GUYS.

I really can't begin to express how happy I am. The way they played, the intensity. The midfield. Boy oh boy. Exceeded all my expectations.
Tyler will be such a great player. Brown to Brown was such a highlight.
Daicos was also really good. Loved his two goals.
Moore. Daicos. Brown.
Soon to be.. Kelly. *tear* what a future this will be!

I forgot Naughton was even playing TBH.

As for the non crowd. May have been strange in the beginning, but the more the game wore on, it was easy to forget, as you get right into the game and the boys. I loved it so much. I was nervous and stressed, and happy and excited like any other game. It was collingwood no matter the circumstances.

SO SO GOOD.

And how brilliant was that song? I have never seen such happiness and excitement from them in that song before. Yes, we have heard passion when they sing it, but there was def something different about it. I loved it. Definitely should do it more often, even when things go back to normal. Just so much more vibe about it.

Was Fantastic but it's only RD 1 and long way to go

- lost to Saints in pre-season
- beat WBD at Docklands stadium in Round 1
- won the flag

- lost to Saints in pre-season
- beat WBD at Docklands stadium in Round 1
- well.. I think you know what‘s next

GF in October?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back