Review Pies fall short (Pies 75-79 Dockers)

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the worst game we played all year it doesn’t deserve the it was the umpires fault card imo.

If we played well those decisions wouldn’t be a factor because we would have been 5-6 goals up.

That's all very true. It doesn't stop me being disappointed at the umpiring which was poor. While there were a number of factors that helped shape the loss umpiring was one of them. I feel I should be able point that out and discuss it if I wish.

Last edited:

I reckon Freo really won it by attacking the disputed ground ball harder than we did. Their attack on the footy was ferocious. I hope our midfielders in particular learn a lesson from that. Only Maynard and Greenwood matched it. Treloar and Beams in particular need a rocket for their lack of commitment to the contest. I think it was telling those two were dragged off the ball with Brown and Crisp preferred in the last. Adams and Sier (if he can find some form) would make a difference here.

Our defence got sucked up too high when we won the ball in the last. And we didn't transition back well. At least Freo transitioned forward harder and faster. It created out the back goals which won them the game. I reckon we really missed Langdon's positioning in that regard. He doesn't get that wrong often anymore.

"Your post in the thread Review Pies fall short (Pies 75-79 Dockers) was deleted. Reason: Warning: Don't provoke posters on an opposition board after a loss."

I'm sorry, but could someone please explain to me why a post in which I was replying to jackcass about the score review incident - quite calmly I thought, and with no shots at any opposition teams, just a questioning of the score review mechanisms - was deleted for "provoking posters on an opposition board"?

I honestly don't get it. I spent a lot of time trying to frame my thoughts to jackcass really clearly and in a balanced and unbiased, non-provoking way to anyone.
Was it actually REALLY because some Carlton poster decided to quote my post for his own personal reasons in our thread? And then I pay the price? I'm sorry, but I feel that in this case I've not been fairly dealt with at all, and my thoughts have been trashed for someone else's questionable posts.

My apologies to the mod who deleted my post, I know you do an important and often difficult task at times, but I just needed to get this off my chest. It's made me question why it's worth my time even coming to Bigfooty and posting, when my posts get deleted like this.

That's all very true. It doesn't stop me being disappointed at the umpiring which was poor. While there were a number of factors that helped shape the loss umpiring was one of them. I feel I should be able point that out and discuss it if I wish.
I just don’t want to stoop as low as Richmond and blame the umpires when they weren’t the major factor in why we lost imo.

I reckon Freo really won it by attacking the disputed ground ball harder than we did. Their attack on the footy was ferocious. I hope our midfielders in particular learn a lesson from that. Only Maynard and Greenwood matched it. Treloar and Beams in particular need a rocket for their lack of commitment to the contest. I think it was telling those two were dragged off the ball with Brown and Crisp preferred in the last. Adams and Sier (if he can find some form) would make a difference here.

Our defence got sucked up too high when we won the ball in the last. And we didn't transition back well. At least Freo transitioned forward harder and faster. It created out the back goals which won them the game. I reckon we really missed Langdon's positioning in that regard. He doesn't get that wrong often anymore.

We’ve been losing the centre clearances and hard ball all year. I don’t care what the stats say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies, this was a message not intended to come your way. It was a result of a technical glitch we're investigating to better understand.

There were a group of posts deleted as they were responses to a provocative post by an opposition supporter but none of those mandated a warning.

I had two posts deleted in this thread as a warning to not "provoke posters on an opposition board after a loss".

Well I am a Pies fan, and not sure what I wrote that was provoking, real head scratcher. Can mods give an explanation? I come here trying to be level headed and not get into that type of thing!
There was a Carlton fan posting a lot of crap, I expect you got caught up in the clean up operation. Wouldn’t worry.
Fair call, I was posting around then too. Thanks for the explanation!
I had an alert saying - Your post was deleted "don't provoke posters on an opposition board after a loss.

Mods please WTF? I didn't provoke nor did I reply to anyone in a provocative manner.
As Pauline Hanson would say "Please explain"
Well that's understandable, but I never mentioned or replied to him. Nor was I provocative.
Same as me, so hopefully that is the explanation!

I come for the fan engagement and insightful comments, I don't stay for the sh*t posting
"Your post in the thread Review Pies fall short (Pies 75-79 Dockers) was deleted. Reason: Warning: Don't provoke posters on an opposition board after a loss."

I'm sorry, but could someone please explain to me why a post in which I was replying to jackcass about the score review incident - quite calmly I thought, and with no shots at any opposition teams, just a questioning of the score review mechanisms - was deleted for "provoking posters on an opposition board"?

I honestly don't get it. I spent a lot of time trying to frame my thoughts to jackcass really clearly and in a balanced and unbiased, non-provoking way to anyone.
Was it actually REALLY because some Carlton poster decided to quote my post for his own personal reasons in our thread? And then I pay the price? I'm sorry, but I feel that in this case I've not been fairly dealt with at all, and my thoughts have been trashed for someone else's questionable posts.

My apologies to the mod who deleted my post, I know you do an important and often difficult task at times, but I just needed to get this off my chest. It's made me question why it's worth my time even coming to Bigfooty and posting, when my posts get deleted like this.

I just don’t want to stoop as low as Richmond and blame the umpires when they weren’t the major factor in why we lost imo.

I think we can complain about the umpiring because it’s been terrible consistently with its inconsistency. However, on the balance of play, we were outplayed comprehensively and were lucky to be that close because we had a sharp shooting day (by our standards)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of mine was deleted for the same reason, apparently. But I don't remember provoking anyone much.

How was his disposable efficiency today?
Of course he is judge off his hit outs. Moron.
Lol of course you miss my point completely. Im not sure why i even entertain your replies... you know zero about football and its obvious

The real challenge is how we overcome this loss. Do we stick to the same things, or will we learn?
Big game on Queen's Birthday Monday againsts a plodding Melbourne team where we really can make a statement.
Move out some of our fringe players, get some players who are prepared to put in that extra effort to maintain their spot in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the worst game we played all year it doesn’t deserve the it was the umpires fault card imo.

If we played well those decisions wouldn’t be a factor because we would have been 5-6 goals up.

The same can be said about if the umpires got it right we would have won.

The hands on the shoulder/trip of Mihocek and the lame push in the back against Stephensen were clear umpiring errors that cost goals. There was a third but my memory fails me.

Gee Geelong would be rubbing their hands together at our loss. Two games clear on top. Unbelievable.
Well let's see how they deal with the hype of finishing on top.....Their straights sets record in finals of late will be like a gorilla on their shoulders at the business end.

Geelong's a lock for top spot and home finals now and with their injury list (none) they'll be hard to stop now they're up and about.

I had two posts deleted in this thread as a warning to not "provoke posters on an opposition board after a loss".

Well I am a Pies fan, and not sure what I wrote that was provoking, real head scratcher. Can mods give an explanation? I come here trying to be level headed and not get into that type of thing!

Me to. Mods have gone mad.

Last time a team lost to Freo at the MCG in the final minutes, was Richmond in 2017, the to be Premiers...

Hopefully this team has learnt its lesson and we can cruise into finals from here on. The premiership is still afloat.

Yeah, mine went to. I thought we were both just having a chat, certainly nothing nasty in it.

One of mine was deleted for the same reason, apparently. But I don't remember provoking anyone much.
Yeah, jathanas explained in his post. It's unfortune, but I guess things like this happen.

I don't blame the umps - though I do believe there is clearly work to be done on how the mechanism and processes of score reviews are done, so what happened yesterday doesn't happen to any team again.

But we lost in my view because of our direct turnovers, and the bad decision-making that let Freo stay in the game and eventually overtake us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back