Opinion Pies fans. Calm the **** down!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've really started hating coming here honestly. It just feels like an endless air of toxicity and complaining. Even if we win people are so hypercritical but try to hide behind a veneer of providing"constructive criticism," and if anyone has a problem with that people are told to get out and leave the forum to the "real supporters."

Be the change you want to see here PS, and you won't be lacking for support. :thumbsu: 🌈 There's so many passionate and well informed supporters on this board which has added so much to our footy experience.

Last year, it was purely fatigue. No run left in the last Q.
If WCE had played 4 games including the GF, it would have been all yours. When Bulldogs won theirs, they beat a team in Swans that also played 4 finals.
That's why Hawthorn's win against WCE IN 2015 was so outrageously good, even though I hate them.
I didn't catch much of last year's GF (thanks Echuca basketball for scheduling your tournament GF at the same time), and I refuse to watch replays of losing games, I did catch the last 10 minutes and yeah, WC were coming on strong.

I didn't catch much of last year's GF (thanks Echuca basketball for scheduling your tournament GF at the same time), and I refuse to watch replays of losing games, I did catch the last 10 minutes and yeah, WC were coming on strong.
Yep, I have never watched the 08 GF replay.

WC were coming on strong.
Was earlier than that mate.
We were in trouble before half time.
That we were able to pull away and almost hang on in the last quarter was incredible - hence my pride in their efforts.

Be the change you want to see here PS, and you won't be lacking for support. :thumbsu: 🌈 There's so many passionate and well informed supporters on this board which has added so much to our footy experience.

The way I look at it the glass half full types and the glass half empty types both have a place on the boards here.

The problems begin when someone from one viewpoint feels the need to somehow invalidate the opinion of a poster (or posters) who may be learning towards the opposite viewpoint.

This often escalates into one side wanting to shout down the other when the reality is the points being made on both sides more than likely have elements of truth to them.

If everybody kept that last line above in the back of their mind in the heat of the moment then that would go some way to smoothing things out a little.

Some posters are going to vent a little, some are going to troll the club a little, but it's not hard to avoid bring baited by the low hanging fruit and just leave them be - we all handle the moment differently and there's no rule book stating that their opinions are worth more or less than anyone else's just because some other posters may not agree with them.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
The way I look at it the glass half full types and the glass half empty types both have a place on the boards here.

The problems begin when someone from one viewpoint feels the need to somehow invalidate the opinion of a poster (or posters) who may be learning towards the opposite viewpoint.

This often escalates into one side wanting to shout down the other when the reality is the points being made on both sides more than likely have elements of truth to them.

If everybody kept that last line above in the back of their mind in the heat of the moment then that would go some way to smoothing things out a little.

Just my $0.02
Factions can definitely form, more so during dark days though.

Found myself barracking for Simon Black on Surviver tonight lol, he got shafted, seems like a great bloke though.

He is overpaid Brisbane scum* and deserves no mercy or quarter.

* full disclosure - Black and Lappin were my favourite Lions players by a mile, such smooth movers out on the field and had a way of picking an opposition apart before they even realised what was happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is overpaid Brisbane scum* and deserves no mercy or quarter.

* full disclosure - Black and Lappin were my favourite Lions players by a mile, such smooth movers out on the field and had a way of picking an opposition apart before they even realised what was happening.
Nah he was a hell of a player and a good bloke.

Been meaning to force myself to watch 02 again, only because we were hopelessly outmatched talent wise but stood up hard.

02 is about the only loss I've ever watched again, I don't know, something about that day that was enjoyable and frustrating. Bit like last year, we were lucky to be there and were playing a better team but matched it. Last year though I'll never watch again. Then again some people can't even watch the drawn GF?

If Chris Mayne's "touched" is called - we make top 4.
If we kick more goals than behinds against Cats - we make top 4.
Got some news for you - WE MADE TOP 4

No to the first one, you can't pluck out an umpiring decision from the middle of the 2nd qtr and claim the result would have been different.
2nd one is just bad football and a sign of why Collingwood is not a contender, far more likely to kick 10.20 than ever kick 20.10.

Was earlier than that mate.
We were in trouble before half time.
That we were able to pull away and almost hang on in the last quarter was incredible - hence my pride in their efforts.

After kicking the first two goals of the last quarter, I just assumed it was done. Home crowd, momentum and adrenaline.
Unfortunately, West Coast are the one team that seem to be able to turn momentum in the blink of an eye.

After kicking the first two goals of the last quarter, I just assumed it was done. Home crowd, momentum and adrenaline.
Unfortunately, West Coast are the one team that seem to be able to turn momentum in the blink of an eye.

The game was lost in the last 5 minutes of the first qtr, keep them goalless and we win the flag.

If you are through to a PF at the G with a weeks rest are you a ‘contender’?

Just imagine how many of the ‘fans’ will be if we have a few bad seasons!!

Will need a lot of improvement and luck to beat Richmond with the way we played tonight

The game was lost in the last 5 minutes of the first qtr, keep them goalless and we win the flag.

Will need a lot of improvement and luck to beat Richmond with the way we played tonight

Did we watch the same game? :drunk:

Last time we played them we didn’t have Moore or Stephenson, we weren’t playing Wills and our midfield looked horrid, and Roughead was playing concussed and then sat out.

I think we’ve already improved immensely since then.

Last time we played them we didn’t have Moore or Stephenson, we weren’t playing Wills and our midfield looked horrid, and Roughead was playing concussed and then sat out.

REJECT - doesn't suit eddies agenda TRS, play the game and massage his ego lol.

But we would have had Cox and JDG? There’s nothing I’d hate more than losing to Richmond, but they worry me the most. Geelong were poor last night, but twice flicked the switch and starting running over us, hopefully some game time into injured players will have helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back