Pies fined $20k, ($10k suspended) over ineligible player

AFL fines Collingwood $20K ($10K suspended), whaddaya reckon?

• No big deal / a drop in the ocean / mistakes happen

• That’s members’ hard earned cash / is probably symptomatic of bigger problems

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We forgot to tell the AFL Nelly Yoa had signed and was all set to play until African gangs intervened to cruel his Brownlow prospects.

We forgot to tell the AFL Nelly Yoa had signed and was all set to play until African gangs intervened to cruel his Brownlow prospects.
Did they want his spot

My best guess is Ramma. In November Patrick Keane tweeted the players eligible to train with clubs which didn’t include Ramma despite it being common knowledge he was still training with us in the lead up to the rookie draft. I’d assume the tweet was based on their official list...

Club’s kicking goals as well off field as on these days :rolleyes:

My best guess is Ramma. In November Patrick Keane tweeted the players eligible to train with clubs which didn’t include Ramma despite it being common knowledge he was still training with us in the lead up to the rookie draft. I’d assume the tweet was based on their official list...

That would Actually be True

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah what a disaster!!!

Any chance the Pies could of decided to wear the 10k fine in an attempt to keep it quiet that the said player was training with us to keep his draft value down???

If its Ramsay, that draft value would be what, precisely?

Or they counted Sier as nobody knows who he is?

Or counted Kirby twice?

Or they simply were being pedantic

Yeah what a disaster!!!

Any chance the Pies could of decided to wear the 10k fine in an attempt to keep it quiet that the said player was training with us to keep his draft value down???

I’m glad you’re doing so well that $10k is worthy of derision! Here’s some perspective. There are 11 legends members this year that will handover their well earned income simply for it to go straight to paying this incredibly easy to avoid fine. It’s amateur hour at its zenith!

If this is right, can't see anything sinister in it. No one probably had the heart to tell him??

I’m glad you’re doing so well that $10k is worthy of derision! Here’s some perspective. There are 11 legends members this year that will handover their well earned income simply for it to go straight to paying this incredibly easy to avoid fine. It’s amateur hour at its zenith!

Or one months profits from one of our pokies!

Or one months profits from one of our pokies!
That’s very very good.

So many clubs, the AFL, all talk the big talk but shhhhhh

Pokies .......

Back