MVP Pies Fined by ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

There any other sports in the world that have to put up with this location s**t as well?

Simple maths would tell me that we had 3 players, Fremantle had 2.

Doesn't sound like a very big deal whatsoever.

No one Missed a Test. So nothing really talk about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There any other sports in the world that have to put up with this location s**t as well?

being a Olympian they get it much worse. tuff for our players no way

You only have to look at the ASADA rules regarding filing whereabouts to realise how serious this issue has to be taken for athletes from many sports, no doubt authorities overseas have similar rules.

Check out the story of star athlete Josh Ross, who was banned for a couple of years for not complying with the rules:-

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...g-test-nightmare/story-fnii08h4-1226842653168

The athlete admits it did not occur to him in his rush to update his Athlete Whereabouts before he boarded in Melbourne.
Even if he had remembered it would have mattered little.
According to Ross’ submission to a Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) appeal hearing against his provisional two-year ban last month, Athletics Australia did not provide him with an exact accommodation address upon his landing in Varcase, Italy.

There was not way to notify ASADA where exactly to find him and the fact the sports governing body could vouch for his whereabouts would count for little.
An ASADA official arrived at Ross’ Melbourne address to test him while he was travelling across the world.
The dual-Olympian received a third and final Whereabouts strike which now threatens to end a distinguished career.

Other teams have been fined for this in the past year. Not a big deal, but something we should be on top of.

Many sports i believe
Athletics, cycling etc

Administrative pain in the arse stuff...that is all.
Nothing to see here (you Essendon supporters having a peak)

So have people who where Lazy with PaperWork?

Pretty sure the athlete, in this case the AFL footballer, signs contracts with the ASADA requirements clearly stated.
They are required to be available for testing 24/7.
Even I know this and I'm far from being an athlete.
The player should pay these fines.

Imagine having to provide the club with details of where you will be ALL the time. Sounds over the top to me.

Imagine having to provide the club with details of where you will be ALL the time. Sounds over the top to me.
Doesn't matter what you think.
Or me for that matter.
These are the responsibilities of a professional athlete.
And you think it's bad for our guys who get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. How about the female athletes who get paid a pittance yet still have to adhere to these same rules.
Our guys gave no excuses and should pay the penalty.

Doesn't matter what you think.
Or me for that matter.
These are the responsibilities of a professional athlete.
And you think it's bad for our guys who get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. How about the female athletes who get paid a pittance yet still have to adhere to these same rules.
Our guys gave no excuses and should pay the penalty.
Or the AFL tells ASADA to F off.
Then allow the clubs/AFL to come up with our own policies relevant to the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back