Pies handed a 'dream' draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark your agenda is well traveled and I'm not going to feed you.
You can try and dismiss everything as agenda driven if you like but it doesn't change reality any more than having a bucket load of cheerleaders does. The only agenda I have is Collingwood success. Every comment I make is through that lens. There hasn't been much praise worthy for a long time at Collingwood.

You can try and dismiss everything as agenda driven if you like but it doesn't change reality any more than having a bucket load of cheerleaders does. The only agenda I have is Collingwood success. Every comment I make is through that lens. There hasn't been much praise worthy for a long time at Collingwood.
Mark you have been sniping at every decision coming out of the club relentlessly - THAT is an agenda.

Just because I refuse to sheeplike rant and rave about every bit of news coming out of the club doesn't make me a cheerleader.

I wish for the best for the club too but I don't have to stamp my feet and hold my breath like a 12 year old every time the club does something I disagree with.

Not much respect given to Richmond.

I don't expect Richmond to win next year, but gee, we got slaughtered by them in 2016, on form, any one of Martin or Cotchin turning up could beat this Collingwood side.

We aren't that strong a team yet, and I hope that changes, but we would need to improve dramatically to be confident against Richmond.

Why don’t we got back to 1980 instead?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mark you have been sniping at every decision coming out of the club relentlessly - THAT is an agenda..
Any accuracy i comments I have made? We define an agenda differently it seems.
Just because I refuse to sheeplike rant and rave about every bit of news coming out of the club doesn't make me a cheerleader.
No, you're right, that isn't what makes a cheerleader.
I wish for the best for the club too but I don't have to stamp my feet and hold my breath like a 12 year old every time the club does something I disagree with.
Fair enough. I've haven't done that since I was 12 either. Happy to have all the erroneous comments I've made pointed out. I think you'll find a hell of a lot of what I have said I observe and expect to eventuate has been accurate. No doubt I get some calls wrong though. I'm not a fence sitter. The fact you disagree with what I say and/or don't like it doesn't make it petulant, agenda driven or deliberately negative.

The fact is we are not a well run club these days. You can call that negative and I'll call it accurate as backed up by the results on and off the field. I am not deliberately negative. I am just calling it how I see it as I have since I started posting around the turn of the century.

What is your expectation for 2018? What sort of result, if any, would it take for you to question things?

What exactly is the proportion? 5th worst? 10th worst? They're both pretty crap.
I know we aren't the best.
Where are we? In the middle? That would be bad even if it were true but there aren't many indicators that say it is. The reality we are propped by a huge supporter based that cares about Collingwood. That underscores the financial outcomes but it doesn't make us well run and in the age or equalisation it doesn't win us games of footy.

Start of the 2018 season every team starts equal last.

Different circumstances it's not really comparable

Agree, we don't have our own boutique stadium that the AFL needs to support.

Any accuracy i comments I have made? We define an agenda differently it seems.
No, you're right, that isn't what makes a cheerleader.
Fair enough. I've haven't done that since I was 12 either. Happy to have all the erroneous comments I've made pointed out. I think you'll find a hell of a lot of what I have said I observe and expect to eventuate has been accurate. No doubt I get some calls wrong though. I'm not a fence sitter. The fact you disagree with what I say and/or don't like it doesn't make it petulant, agenda driven or deliberately negative.

The fact is we are not a well run club these days. You can call that negative and I'll call it accurate as backed up by the results on and off the field. I am not deliberately negative. I am just calling it how I see it as I have since I started posting around the turn of the century.

What is your expectation for 2018? What sort of result, if any, would it take for you to question things?

A lot of the discussion is about what we presume will happen in 2018 so it's not so much erroneous as it is a different perspective, pessimistic as opposed to optimistic.

Going into 2017 I actually thought we'd improve. Overall, I think we did but a 0.5 improvement in the W-L column which resulted in a drop down the ladder doesn't really reflect that. Other metrics do.

Conversely, I thought Richmond would continue to slide. We all know how that worked out. I had all of Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn beginning their slides. Footy is a funny thing and I go into 2018 again optimistic we'll improve. It's a choice.

Start of the 2018 season every team starts equal last.
Or equal first, if we take the glass half full approach.

That being said, there are some miserable sooky little bitches on this board that "supposedly" support the club.
Instead of knocking everything and putting the club down at every turn, how about we stay true.
Remember, it is suppose to be Side by Side. There are plenty out there who hate us, eating our own doesn't help.

I reckon we could pump the Hawks in Round 1, reckon they could fall a little harder next year.
Would be a great start to the season.

I reckon we could pump the Hawks in Round 1, reckon they could fall a little harder next year.
Hawks are tracking towards bottom 4 next season. Must win game for us.

Hawks are tracking towards bottom 4 next season. Must win game for us.

I reckon a safe bet would be to put money on them missing the eight. They obviously had great success and topped up with trades all the while the expansion clubs came into play but I don't think they have done well at the draft for the past five years or so when they've been given the opportunity. They played good footy the second half of last year but Hodge was third in the B&F and is gone and others will continue to decline. McEvoy was second in their B&F they won't get a repeat year out of him like that you'd think. Their backline could be a shambles.

Of the youngsters they've brought through the past five or so years Burton is a gun, and O'Brien and Sicily go alright but after that the cabinet is bare. They are heading for some very dark times.

Last edited:
Really!!!
It is the start of November and already you are preaching the end of the world with injuries for next year.
Instead of being so negative, just embrace that something has gone our way for once and for the next five months we are looking good.
After the first bounce of the new season, pop a vessel but for now just chill and look forward to what may be.
Mate I'm chilling but hope has been lost be I have accepted that. With expectation comes disappointment. The expectation that we are s**t is the reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark you have been sniping at every decision coming out of the club relentlessly - THAT is an agenda.

If you did you would be dead several times over by now and that is just the last few years. Everyone is entitled to have feelings and express them through passion. Afterall we all want the same thing.

Reality is that you don't seem to enjoy footy or Collingwood, you come across as a miserable sour-puss. I love Collingwood and the footy, you'll see me melt sometimes in game day threads and at the footy but it's a game to be enjoyed. There's always plenty to get excited about, and I'd much rather my 'reality', than yours.

Your posts on all baords are tedious, others just want to enjoy it, you're like a missionary trying to sell your morbid view.

I wouldn't be writing the Hawks off too quickly. They have a limited trade and draft profile this year but still managed to add Impey. They'll also expect more game time from a few key players like Rioli, Frawley, JOM, Birchell. They've also unearthed a few good kids. Don't expect them to contend but they won't be easy beats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back