Rumour Pies Ins & Outs - Save the discussion for Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard (third hand) that GWS pulled out once the price for Witts climbed beyond what they thought he was worth.

They have a kid Ruck in their seconds (not sure of his name) they are going to try to develop plus they think they can pick up project Ruck in the draft/rookie draft.

Not sure of the accuracy of this, just the word doing the rounds

Blair has been offered a deal (rumoured to be only one year), but hasn't accepted it yet. Maybe he's exploring all his options, but the club have offered him a deal so it's up to him.

As much as Blair is maligned by many (including myself) he played 21 games this year.

The ball is in his court.

Very Intresting Post from EB&W:

Will Hoskin Elliott, even got a photo with him, jokingly said this could be the first photo with Collingwood member before signing.

He said he was very close to selection to replace Stevie J, but just got knocked off by Rhys Palmer.

We got onto possibly coming to Collingwood. He said it is a big decision for him - would love to come back home to Victoria but also loves the Giants club and wants to be part of their success.

However, also wants more senior game exposure and that is the attraction of coming to Collingwood. He said he is best mates with Treloar, I said well that makes your decision easy. He laughed.. I said we are building a great team, I said I love the way you play, you remind me of a young Gary Rohan.

He said, thanks for the compliment.

He is a nice young guy, good character like Adam Treloar, would be a nice fit into our forward line.. imo

http://www.voy.com/51976/348525.html

More snippets from trade thread in case you missed them inc re Broomhead & White staying, plus targets James Stewart, Mayne, Maric, Wells, WHE

Hey Maggie5 don't take what you hear re the $ as gospel.
I have heard they are performance based and have many triggers especially for all players over 30.

Well I just got the best news of the off-season so far. Broomhead has all but agreed to terms with the club. No idea on the specifics of the deal, but he'll be in black and white next year
C:\Users\DEREK~1.BER\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

James Stewart officially on market. Pies one of three keen
(source Jake Niall

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jam...b/news-story/8ea2fa5bd60f745132b3e6dc0d2742c6

(link from Sept 8)

Multiple sources have confirmed to me: Wells has signed a deal with the pies
Mayne will join him at the pies in 2017
Elliott Will-Hoskin will request a trade to the pies
Cloke will request a trade to the doggies

I have multiple industry sources, I'll provide more detail when I can

Jesse has re-signed for 2017 on a one-year contract. Well earned for a solid year. Looking forward to more of the same next year.

Reported on channel 7.

more snippets:
Gubby has met with Boomer this week and offered a 1 year deal to Brent with an trigger for a second form and injury pending. Subsequent to that is a development role. Brent has a good relationship with Nathan over both their journeys and has till November 27th (delisted free agent cut off) to accept or not.

If you want verification go to Facebook and search for his wife Shayne McClintock Harvey (his wife) whose posted a pic of him in a Pies jumper. Not Facebook link savvy, so if somebody wants to upload here...

He is interesting bc I hear he wants to go home. Think the two WA clubs have other priorities though. Richmond would be a good fit for him. Essendon with Hibberd out the door another.
(Re Williams)

The deal for Wells will be 2 years, 600k first year, not 600k second year. The third year will be an option (guessing at his discretion). So basically it's a 2 year deal, probably on an average of 500k a year, and he wouldn't get all of that unless he plays most games.

Most of us seem fine with the deal, we have plenty of cap space, and need to replace out going experience.

Same as what I have heard re Wells contract. We have a heap of space and he will get front loaded.
(in response to mattys123 post

More snippets from trade thread:
Jake Niall on SEN saying that the Pies won't be getting Maric, Dal Santo or Harvey, but are "all-in" on Wells, Mayne and WHE.

I was just told that Wells management have agreed to terms with Collingwood, couple of smaller details to be confimed.

Geelong made a late push as discussed but could not afford him, Delideo was more important to chase.

Just listened to the Podcast of Paul Connors on NAB trade radio yesterday and thought the following would be worth re bumping:

- Pick 59 was brought up by Hutchy for Cloke. Conners dodged around the question and pretty much said the pick is irrelevant and that we shouldn't get up tight about what the pick ends up being. Freeing up the cap space enables Collingwood to chase FAs such as Wells and Mayne (for free in inverted commas). Was sure a deal would be done and that Travis would be on a pay cut of 50%. At the end he went back to say that he doesn’t think the Dogs would remove their interest/offer after their GF win.

* On this I think we need to forget about the pick itself (it could be 150) and focus more on what having his salary off our books enables us to do.

- On WHE, he said there was a salary cap squeeze (would only be tighter with Lobb signing on this morning), and there’s a good likelihood even though he’s contracted that he will come back to Melbourne. Hutchy raised Collingwood and Conner’s said “yeah they are probably our preferred club if possible”. “He’s contracted so we will see what happens”. Also went on to say later in the interview that he thought he would be a great MCG game player.

- On Blair, he straight up said (without hesitation) that he definitely stays at the Pies next year. 1 year deal but probably deserves 2;

- On Marley Williams, he was more circumspect. He said “that we are in discussions” and that he was not sure if he would stay. Hutchy floated a move back to a WA club and Connors replied with that “he has a Melbourne based fiancé”. Said they haven’t got 13 clubs chasing him yet but this time of year when the trade period starts to ramp up he could be at Collingwood or he could be at somewhere else. Talked him up as a tough defender who he thought would be a good fit at GWS. Richmond was raised as a possible destination and he said “possibly” without much conviction.

- Sam Reid at Sydney he said he is happy there and just had a horrible run with injuries. He sees him running out with Sydney next year.

That was about all in relation to our activities.

Bucks seen playing blackjack in Vegas with Jarryd Hayne!
Lol

(hilarious how the Sydney media went ape droppings over him, as if Bennet, Rocca didn't exist before in grid Iron)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another from trade thread
Marcus Ashcroft from Gold Coast just confirmed he's spoken with Wittsy and his management. He's hoping to add him to their midfield.

I know Nicholls has signed a 2 year deal with GC but was dropped a couple of times through the year but I felt Eade doesn't have faith in him. Eade has also worked with Wittsy before and knows what he's about.

Jack Frost has been offered a 3 year deal at Brisbane. Pies have advised Frosty they'd look at a deal after trade period. Just need a trade to be done. Per Frosty's manager.

Great thread by the way. One page here is worth 10 to 20 at least in the trade thread. OK while I've got a busted leg, to sit and read but not so when normally time poor.

I've heard that Stephen Motlop is going to be traded by the cats. And we are one of the sides that are talking to him. Also that Wells is all but a pie. Same sauce.

I've heard that Stephen Motlop is going to be traded by the cats. And we are one of the sides that are talking to him. Also that Wells is all but a pie. Same sauce.

Don't want Motlop very overrated

Had a chat again to the source this morning.

I would quote what I have previously said, don't know how to do it though lol.

As dicussed Wells and WHE are locks, Wells made the decision few days back after management knocked back Geelongs offer, Pies were always the front runner, Nth were never really in the hunt.

WHE has been all but locked up since about round 16 believe it or not, as discussed here and on the GWS board they are in deep salary cap s**t, they might actually believe me now.

Henderson is unlikely, club don't want to go to heavy on free agents, youth is still our main goal.

Brown will stay, as discussed about 3 months back he was 50/50 had a few clubs chasing him, they have lost interest and Pies have exspressed interest for him to stay, he has been told he will not be guaranteed a spot next year as the club are high on Keefe.

Frost was told at round 19/20 that he would be used for depth only and was behind Keefe, Brown, Marsh, club had no issue with him not playing in the prelim, he needs to look after himself, If he had got injured he might not have had a contract offer from Brisbane.

Mayne is the interesting one, source didnt know much about what is happening there, said he would be shocked if some of the figures being thrown around are true, then again he did say Buckley is obsessed with the pressure game plan, Mayne is one of the best going around in this area.

I asked about DeGoey and the rumours, He did mention that the young man might have had some heat mid year, thats all under the bridge now, DeGoey could be traded but the only reason that would be is if a big name forward popped up as Pies believe our midfield is stacked in saying that Goey isnt going anywhere as he is highly rated.

Cloke as discussed he was told a few months back he would not be apart of the clubs plans, source said the club would take nothing to get rid of him and his family, one of the big reasons Greg Swann left back in the day as he had enough of dealing with the Cloke family then he got Cameron at Carlton which he wasnt happy about, funny story Mumma Cloke walked out onto the training field one day at Carlton and demanded her son be selected, can't make this s**t up.

Pies are desperate for a big forward next year and you might just see a Tom Boyd type offer get thrown around.

Most of this stuff I have shared with you guys over the last 3 months, If i get anything new I will let you know, as discussed my source is not in the recruiting or coaching department, this stuff is 2nd hand info.

2 snippets from trade thread
http://www.voy.com/51976/350299.html

Date Posted: 19:16 09/10/16 Sun
Author: Ace
Author Host/IP: CPE-121-214-171-139.lnse3.lon.bigpond.net.au / 121.214.171.139
Subject: James Stewart a Magpie finally

Take it to the bank. Gubby Allen got it his ear and Carlton are absolutely filthy.
Hi Guys, just had lunch with a connection to the club who is on the inside looking out and usually has reliable mail, barely see him that often that is why I don't stay on here posting fictitious crap day in day out like one or two posters on here.

Anyway a lot of what he said is a little bit captain obvious sort of stuff but at least confirmed it.

From his mouth not mine and things can change as he clearly stated to me but at the moment......

Buckley is OBSESSED with this locking the footy inside 50, it is where most of his eggs are and even has some senior eyes rolling at the club such is this fascination, he sees Mayne as a vital get, wants to go smaller and more mobile inside 50 to stop easy rebound, so don't expect to see Cox White and Moore play together again.

Buckley sees the team as a big jigsaw puzzle and that is the way he is looking at it, Wells fills a piece lacking, pace and an elite kick, he will be used off half back, he is as good as ours however..... If North offer a 3rd year trigger he could stay, unlikely though.

Nicky DalSanto very very unlikely, we are looking at someone else before him, a really decent player, source is not sure who, reckons they are being very very quiet on one particular player being considered for a swoop.

Will try to get WHE to the club via a 3 way trade and help Carlton get Marchebank as well, however...... GWS want the Stewart trade involved, Apparently GWS will do all 3 players for Carlton pick 5 and a second round pick, problem is both us and Carlton want Stewart as well for what we are giving up so watch that space!!!!!!

Lastly, this guy reckons the club are a bit concerned about the height and size of Brown and Daicos, however his exact words are..... Daicos junior was told not to "show off" this year at any level, there is actually close to sexual arousal at the recruiting department about the skill set and potential of Josh Daicos, they are salivating at what he can develop into.

Never seen him play myself so I will take this blokes word for it...... Oh and apparently there is a younger brother who will be even better? No idea about this either so....

Anyway was an entertaining chat and I told him not to bullshit me and Ill pay the bill so who knows he may owe me a return lunch if any of it is crap but has given me some spot on Info over the years.

Great thread Lefthanded !

I hope it's OK to post this brief summary. (In the trade thread I read about all these wonderful players we're going to get but am wondering about what we've got of trade value to get them)

Collingwood nett loss

Locked in

Swan (no value)
Toovey (no value)
Caff (no value)
Goodyear (no value)

Likely

Cloke (contracted player, Bulldogs opening gambit, 4th round - pick 60)
Witts (possibly to Suns)
Frost (likely to Lions)

Speculated about

Nathan Brown (Free agent, but could be a trade to avoid dilution of North F/A comp)
Williams
Blair
Gault

Collingwood nett gain

Locked in
Pick 26
Pick 44
Pick 62
Pick 80 (if needed)
Pick 98 (if needed)
Wells (no cost, Free Agent)

Likely

Speculated about

Brown (F/S, 20% discount if 1st round, 197 points thereafter)
Daicos (F/S, 20% discount if 1st round, 197 points thereafter)
WHE
Stewart
Main (no cost, Free Agent)
Rockcliff

Last edited:
Great thread @Left Handed !

I hope it's OK to post this brief summary. (In the trade thread I read about all these wonderful players we're going to get but am wondering about what we've got of trade value to get them)

Collingwood nett loss

Locked in

Swan (no value)
Toovey (no value)
Caff (no value)
Goodyear (no value)

Likely

Cloke (contracted player, Bulldogs opening gambit, 4th round - pick 60)
Witts

Speculated about

Nathan Brown (no value ... Free agent)
Williams
Blair

Collingwood nett gain

Locked in
Pick 26
Pick 44
Pick 62
Pick 80 (if needed)
Pick 98 (if needed)

Likely

Speculated about

Brown (F/S, 20% discount on points)
Daicos (F/S, 20% discount on points)
WHE
Stewart
Wells (no cost, Free Agent)
thanks 76, definitely worth adding Frost to your summary (likely Lions) and maybe add Witts likely destination as the Suns. Some speculation that Brown could be a trade to avoid dilution of North FA compo (for Wells). Mayne from Freo (FA) the other heavily speculated in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back