Autopsy Pies lose by 16 pts

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why do you care so much about what 1 poster on another board said

Maybe he was booing............they're very good at booing over there by the way.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Melbourne won't beat Hawthorn.

Before losing Straton I'd have thought there wouldn't be much in it but losing their best defender and I doubt they'll win.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Still gutted, have avoided all footy shows, newspapers cos it still burns

Full credit to the Weagles who stood up at the end, I thought we had that game though going into 3 qtr time

Like i said it still burns but pretty proud of the way we went about it

Prob the best game I have ever seen from Steele, F*k he was good

Steele Sidebottom was the best player on the ground my a country km. He is that good. His gut running, his footy smarts, his ability to use the footy. I watched him live he is all class.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
So in what world is a correct decision by an umpire worthy of booing?
W.A.
Is there anything the WA muppets who masquerade as a footy crowd don't boo?
No, they boo anything that is not for them.
A replay can appear showing the decision, (against) was correct and they still boo - unbelievable.

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's been a while since I posted but 've been lurking away.
Reading autopsies is a perverse pleasure when we lose.

A few observations if I may.
1/ Despite the Richmond and Melbourne hype, I've been of the firm opinion that the Eagles are the team to beat. I formed that opinion when they took us aprt at the G and I've seen nothing to alter that opinion. On that basis, I thought our performance was pretty darn good. A few lucky bounces, a firmer surface under Varcoe's feet and a more even spread of 50/50 calls and we might have pinched it.
2/ The criticism of Cox is understandable and yet the game did not suit big marking forwards, and our delivery into the forward line was horrendous. We just bombed it in - no doubt as a result of the pressure applied by West Coast. Yes Darling and Kennedy had an impact late but this was due more to weight of numbers than anythng else.
3) Pendles struggled, particularly late - no doubt due to his illness. This combined with Treloar's fade out and Adams knock in the last quarter probably contrbuted to WCE getting on top around the midfield.
4) Aside from Sidebottom and Adams, collectively individuals could have played at a higher level, but as a group/team they did pretty well.
5) We are not far away. If everthing goes right we could meet the Eagles again this year -if so the result could be different.
6)Steele Sidebottom is elite. That is all

CaptainHowdy87

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Should of been sent to ruck and let Grundy have some time fwd.

Grundy was spent in the 4th after busting his nut vs 2 rucks for 3quarters.

Was a poor coaching non move imo. Same as trying Pendles fwd and maybe get WHE to run with Yeo who killed us. Athletically WHE has the attributes to compete with him.

"Stick to the gameplan" "Stick to our structures" F*** that. If something's not working then make a change.

Why have JDG and Stepho parked down forward doing nothing all game and guys like Phillips and Thomas continue having no impact in the mid-field? Ryan and Rioli are forwards and they were f'ing everywhere all game!

Treloar was clearly struggling in the middle so why not move him forward and throw De Goey in the guts for a while?

Mason wasn't clunking any marks and getting toweled up by Barass so why not put him in the ruck for a while to get him into the game?

I just can't stand that unwillingness to be flexible and change things up during the course of the game. Mayne and WHE started having an influence when they changed position so why not continue moving guys around so that they can start influencing the game? So frustrating.

"Stick to the gameplan" "Stick to our structures" F*** that. If something's not working then make a change.

Why have JDG and Stepho parked down forward doing nothing all game and guys like Phillips and Thomas continue having no impact in the mid-field? Ryan and Rioli are forwards and they were f'ing everywhere all game!

Treloar was clearly struggling in the middle so why not move him forward and throw De Goey in the guts for a while?

Mason wasn't clunking any marks and getting toweled up by Barass so why not put him in the ruck for a while to get him into the game?

I just can't stand that unwillingness to be flexible and change things up during the course of the game. Mayne and WHE started having an influence when they changed position so why not continue moving guys around so that they can start influencing the game? So frustrating.
Howe forward and Checker back is an easy in game move.

yeee_haaaa!!!!!

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2010
prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
Should have put eagles away late in 3rd quarter. Had our chances. Should have been minimum 4 goals in front at last change. But should have doesn't cut it. Just not good enough to capitalise on our dominance. But we owned the eagles in the 2nd and especially the 3rd quarters, just let them in for the odd goal against the run of play and fluffed a few of our chances, otherwise it would have been over by 3/4 time. Disappointing but nothing to drop our heads about. Will beat GWS comfortably this week, and then we play rich a week earlier than we otherwise would have - need to beat them at some point so let's do it in the prelim

Thought in the end, West Coast finals experience was probably the difference in the end. Slightly more composure in the final minutes

DogCoffee

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just saw some vision kingy put up on 360 ... we were so so close! Excited for sat night ! Time for Cox to play hard!

Back