Analysis Pies tame the Tigers by 44 pts - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Called it in the game day thread before the bounce that performance was most important last night and it was an wonderful team performance as a whole.
Sure, there's a few aspects i would have liked to have seen done a little better but by and large and to a man, the performance was strong.

How good is it seeing the players we got from the Beams trade, DeGoey, Greenwood and Crisp all playing good footy and..... Beams as well! Fun times.

Brisbane are doing well too.

Everyone is a winner!

2efp9i8.jpg

Very pleasurable evening on the lounge watching a Tiger hunt.
I thought we still made a lot of very poor decisions, but still overcame a strong opponent.
Martin seems a shadow of his former self.

Haha glad they got the win. Still thought it was 3/4 qtrs of so so football and overuse of the ball. Richmond bombed at least 7 shots at goal from turnovers which a more classy side may have made us pay for. Richmond do have about 5 or 6 jarrod Blair types running around. Hardly the quality or depth of mids we have. Was anyone seriously expecting anything less than a 7 goal win? Great 4th qtr though.

I don’t like the gamestyle. I don’t like the coaches philosophy at all. Still give up red time goals consistently. And until that changes, this “take unnecessary risks at all costs” mentality, will continue to be the achilles heal in close games where teams lock us down.

You can yap at me all ya like, end of the day if we ain’t holding the cup at the end of the year, with this playing group, responsibility lies with the coach. He’s already bombed the unlosable GF in 2018 with a nonexistent ability to drill the playing group to stop red time goals. 29 points up in the first qtr and they conceded goals in red time each and every qtr. They leaked red time goals vs Cats and again last night.

Now with Beams added to the 2019 playing group, honestly, anything less than a minor premiership (18-4) and winning the GF by 10 goals is basically under achieving. This playing group is basically Geelong of 2007.

Pure domination of the league in 2019 is the only acceptable outcome to me. Otherwise it’s a “weeeelll it’s a stacked list he’s got to work with, more player talent than actual game plan and strategy that eeked out a 16 point win in the GF”. I mean, seriously, could you imagine what Clarkson could do with this list? Your taking about an undefeated season...
Again, you’re full of s**t.

Anyone else get nervous AF whenever Roughead goes to kick it? Luckily he doesn't usually bite off more than he can chew.

I was unsure what I thought about Thursday night games, but to be honest it's awesome hearing the radio interviews and discussions today whilst at work.

Hopefully we can carry the form into next week, because essentially all we have done is got ourselves back to 1-1 which is just square one.

No

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

^

Needs to work on his grammar and spelling.

:devil:

Well done 'Pies!! I'm a Hawks man through and through but I'm just loving watching the Magpies go about it at the moment. Absolutely smashed those arrogant pricks, and even better after the baiting you lot got with the whole #pieshaveinjuries thing! Couldn't happen to a better bunch of pricks as far as I'm concerned.

Now back to watching the prelim highlights!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks' Press Conference:

Impressive performance by De Goey tonight?

How do you feel the players executed your ideas tonight?

Two themes spoken about last week [in the press conference] was the connection coming out of half back and the two-way running from the midfield. Were you pleased with their response tonight?

Is taking 170 marks by design or does it pan out that way?

How do you think the boys will react to Lynden Dunn's injury, who is a very important and respected part of the club?

We saw De Goey rotated off after a few goals tonight. Is that an indicator of anything?

Where can De Goey be a better player this year?

How much has De Goey matured or grown in the past few years not just as a footballer but as a person because you see him nearly every day?

Do you have any thoughts on McIntosh not kicking for goal at the half time siren?

You're going to be asked a bit about the Grand Final in the lead up to next week. Did you put it to bed with the review two weeks after the season or will it have a role to play next week?

What are your thoughts on the defence and how much it's improved?

Richmond had a very low tackle count tonight. Was that by design through deliberate short kicking?

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2019-03-28/post-match-nathan-buckley

I love Bucks.

only 4 weeks for a wrist fracture? thought it would be at least 6
It would have been longer had he fractured the scaphoid, but it was the radius instead. I’d still say 4 weeks is the earliest end of the range.

Haha glad they got the win. Still thought it was 3/4 qtrs of so so football and overuse of the ball. Richmond bombed at least 7 shots at goal from turnovers which a more classy side may have made us pay for. Richmond do have about 5 or 6 jarrod Blair types running around. Hardly the quality or depth of mids we have. Was anyone seriously expecting anything less than a 7 goal win? Great 4th qtr though.

I don’t like the gamestyle. I don’t like the coaches philosophy at all. Still give up red time goals consistently. And until that changes, this “take unnecessary risks at all costs” mentality, will continue to be the achilles heal in close games where teams lock us down.

You can yap at me all ya like, end of the day if we ain’t holding the cup at the end of the year, with this playing group, responsibility lies with the coach. He’s already bombed the unlosable GF in 2018 with a nonexistent ability to drill the playing group to stop red time goals. 29 points up in the first qtr and they conceded goals in red time each and every qtr. They leaked red time goals vs Cats and again last night.

Now with Beams added to the 2019 playing group, honestly, anything less than a minor premiership (18-4) and winning the GF by 10 goals is basically under achieving. This playing group is basically Geelong of 2007.

Pure domination of the league in 2019 is the only acceptable outcome to me. Otherwise it’s a “weeeelll it’s a stacked list he’s got to work with, more player talent than actual game plan and strategy that eeked out a 16 point win in the GF”. I mean, seriously, could you imagine what Clarkson could do with this list? Your taking about an undefeated season...

"game style", "coach's", "aren't", "eked", "you're"

Some corrections for you, just to help.

Your post is still rubbish, it just won't have as many grammatical errors. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back