Pies v Dees - aka the finals permutations megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
If dees lose by a point we need to win by around 37 to overtake them. Where there is life there is hope.

If bombers win by a point we need to win by around 32 to overtake them. Or if the Dockers win then a win sees us in. Can't see the Dockers getting within 50 so let's rule this one out.

Do it for Bucks boys.

If dees lose by a point we need to win by around 37 to overtake them. Where there is life there is hope.

If bombers win by a point we need to win by around 32 to overtake them. Or if the Dockers win then a win sees us in. Can't see the Dockers getting within 50 so let's rule this one out.

Do it for Bucks boys.
At least by bounce down on Sunday we will know as to whether there is anything to fight for - eg a win no matter how small or large? If results don't go our way then I guess it will just be a jog in the park!

I am personally not wanting us to make finals. Simply - we do not deserve it and unless we see something different than we have seen all year, we would be a simple straight sets loss.

The club needs to reassess itself. We are not a top tier club at present.
  • CEO - Nisbett has been over promoted and he has been hiding behind his commercial successes for too long.
  • Operations GM - like Nisbett, Vozzo was over promoted and he is floundering. He is a contracts manager not an operations manager.
  • Match Committee - have failed in a number of areas. 1 - no consequences for poor AFL form. 2 - not rewarding good WAFL form. 3 - not bringing in the right balance of youth and experience (too heavy on the latter).
  • Recruitment - O'Brien has failed in the last few years to deliver an inside midfield that can compete.
  • Development - the alignment with East Perth is a misalignment. FFS - the loss to Perth on the weekend shows how bad it is. The s**t stains of Peel/Freo are making Royals/Eagles look second rate.
  • Conditioning - we are not fit enough. The fitness level may of been fine 2 years ago but we are unable to run out 4 quarters in today's game. It is not the collective. It is not momentum. It is fitness. Admit it.
  • Coach - I still like Simpson but he is starting to not see the obvious and not able to address the problems. I am also thinking he is struggling to motivate his leadership team and the rest of the squad. His words do not appear to match his actions. Put him on notice and demand he improves the support around him (start by farewelling Gepp).
  • Leadership Team - Hurn has been disappointing and we do not see the team respond when under pressure.
So for those reasons, I think the club needs to take a good hard look at itself and the sooner we realise we are not good enough then the sooner we start taking steps to rectify what has happened. Would I call a review a la Collingwood and Suns? Probably yes. It feels that bad (and yes, we as a club should have high standards).

For those reasons, I would like us to drop as far down the table as possible (go Saints and Dogs) so that we get the necessary wake up call.

Last edited:
At least by bounce down on Sunday we will know as to whether there is anything to fight for - eg a win no matter how small or large? If results don't go our way then I guess it will just be a jog in the park!

If results don't go our way then the team should unite behind the goal of getting JK the Coleman.

If results don't go our way then the team should unite behind the goal of getting JK the Coleman.
Yes:). If Adelaide's backs gang up on jK then we just need to put somebody on those extra player/s. This is what always surprises me when this happens - Simmo does not seem to put the wheels in motion to alleviate this, unless I'm blind if course:rolleyes:!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I have to support Freo and Collingwood and hope we beat Adelaide... just to get another week where we will be belted in a final... ill pass.

... with results falling against west coast going into the final game of the round west coast respond with a barnstorming performance against the Crows. Smashing them through the midfield in a bone crunching tackling performance, finishing ninth off the back of the 77 point victory.

Have lost their last 4 games to the Dees though......

Before that they won about twenty in a row over the Dees , Collingwood are in good form and playing for there coach ....here's hoping anyway .

Not too fussed what happens but finals are an exciting time for any club that participates .

Before that they won about twenty in a row over the Dees , Collingwood are in good form and playing for there coach ....here's hoping anyway .

Not too fussed what happens but finals are an exciting time for any club that participates .
I think they are a sneaky chance aswell the nerves of playing Finals were telling against Brisbane...........Don't think we can get over Adelaide regardless though !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back