Preview Pies V Dogs MCG Friday 24.03.2017 - 7.50 pm (team added to OP: Schade and WHE selected)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling pretty pumped for tonight - the build up seems to take forever!

I'm just hoping that we don't get a demoralising pantsing like 2014 (70pts) & 2016 (80pts) in the first round - hopefully coaching staff have us primed and ready to fire!

Happy with the selections and think if there was any week to get the dogs, this is it!

PIES by 5

Feeling pretty pumped for tonight - the build up seems to take forever!

I'm just hoping that we don't get a demoralising pantsing like 2014 (70pts) & 2016 (80pts) in the first round - hopefully coaching staff have us primed and ready to fire!

Happy with the selections and think if there was any week to get the dogs, this is it!

PIES by 5

It's an odd year so I'm hoping for the gritty display we showed in the bitter showdown with Brisbane for the Beams cup.

Goldsack is needed to play on Stringer due to his size and speed. Mayne would be replacing the likes of Blair/WHE/Fasolo/White/Moore

Howe might be first choice for that role. Perhaps Maynard. Options are available.

I probably would have went with Dunn if Goldsack is set to play in defence tonight.

Howe might be first choice for that role. Perhaps Maynard. Options are available.

I probably would have went with Dunn if Goldsack is set to play in defence tonight.
We certainly could have gone Howe, Maynard or Dunn on Stringer, however Stringer has explosive pace which none of those defenders have. His agility would have turned Dunn inside out and probably done the same to Maynard. His body strength is also a worry for an undersized Maynard and probably Howe. Howe would be perfect for a player like Bont when he is pushed forward, which the Dogs love to do.

I agree with those who see Goldsack as being there for Stringer. I think he is our best fit for this job, but would have preferred an in form Toovey. He is the past though.
I would have thought Dunn before Schade given the practice form, but I don't get to see what the selectors do.
Cox seems to have forced a rethink on the more mobile forward line strategy that saw the recruitment of Mayne. Why the Cloke disposal then?
No Elliott is the big one.
De Doey should be utterly ashamed of himself.
Aish has shown enough to earn a place. His marking under pressure in the middle of the ground is a particular need.
With the side we have, a win will be very difficult but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back