Rumour Pies want Petracca

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow thank god you don't have a afl list management job. Dee's will be running to the bank hoping your signing off on this amazing deal for them.
No, Dees wont offer the world because they know they can get him for free in 12 months time.

Why would they offer more than they have to?

It's far more likely that Maynard goes as a RFA, where the only compensation Collingwood would be getting back is based on the contract offered by Melbourne.

Absolutely no idea if Weideman will be part of any deal. Just know Maynard will be a Dee.

Maynard would fill a big need for Melbourne (even if he makes errors), and Collingwood are chasing points for Nick Daicos while Melbourne have several picks in that 30s range good for points.

But I still struggle to see how this gets done unless Maynard sees things as untenable at Collingwood.

Weideman plus a pick or two I guess, but I donā€™t think heā€™s much chop against AFL quality defenders and I think Collingwood also would see that.

Maynard would fill a big need for Melbourne (even if he makes errors), and Collingwood are chasing points for Nick Daicos while Melbourne have several picks in that 30s range good for points.

But I still struggle to see how this gets done unless Maynard sees things as untenable at Collingwood.

Weideman plus a pick or two I guess, but I donā€™t think heā€™s much chop against AFL quality defenders and I think Collingwood also would see that.

We don't need that many points for Daicos, that we need to get rid off players the quality of Maynard. There will be other fringe players traded for lower end draft picks to make up points. Even if Daicos goes number 1, we get the 20% discount, plus we already have over 1650 points, requiring around another 750 points.
Kidding yourself if you think Maynard would be a player to make way. The guy bleeds black and white....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks, we prefer Riccardi from GWS or Coleman-Jones from the Tigers....

Iā€™d take Wayne Weideman over Sam.

No, Dees wont offer the world because they know they can get him for free in 12 months time.

Why would they offer more than they have to?

It's far more likely that Maynard goes as a RFA, where the only compensation Collingwood would be getting back is based on the contract offered by Melbourne.

Would almost guarantee that Melbourne wonā€™t get him for free. Amazing how often it comes up that a club is after a player but happy to wait 12 months and try their hand at free agency. Alot can happen in 12 months. Would be very surprised if he left the pies.... especially for the Deeā€™s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back